• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What works better Dexedrine IR or Vyvanse?

I don't really feel an onset or a comedown from IR dexedrine. In this case I'm not sure if vyvanse would be any better. I mean if IR dexedrine felt really harsh then it would make sense to try
vyvanse but I really don't feel anything at all. Maybe I need to try a higher dose. I only tried 10mg at once so far.

glab, it's all based on your dose and sensitivity. More people seem to crash a little harder on IR D-Amphetamine then Vyvanse.
In the end, it's a matter of personal prefrence.
I find Vyvance ultra smooth where as some on here still think it's a bit harsh.

Never had Vyvanse, but my Dexedrine script is 20mg spansule form upon waking up, 10mg IR at 3 or 4 pm if the evening is gonna be filled with homework/work, these days just work.

I doubt Vyvanse has the hmmf that the 5mg brand name (we dont even have generic dexamphet here and anybody can have it, unlike Adderall XR or Vyvanse which are "exception meds" and the ministry of health has to review your doctors notes with you to agree to pay for them. I did pay 2 months of 30x 25mg Adderall XR (we only have XR here, it's a canada thing, we even managed to have Nucynta IR but also ER, which doesn't exist anywhere else, I think, largest dose is 350mg) for the novelty of it, but it had so many effects in common with our street speed pills here that I didn't enjoy the L-amp in it at all after a couple months of feeling my heart beating outta my chest. Dexedrine didn't cause that, I imagine Vyvanse does even less. Anyone can be scripted Dexedrine and theres only brand name Dexies, 5m IR, 10 and 15mg spansules (never had the 15mg though, I pushed my luck with my doc who knew what was my original era of study so yeah, he let me pick medication that i wanted, but also gave me blood tests and some physical stuff at least every 6 months. He was a good doc, but the new doc I'm seeing is so good, he has that computer on a screen that can be 8 feet in the air and he'll extended his arm and bring it in front of us while we are sitting one next to each other in a 45 degree angle, no him behind a desk BS, makes me feel important, and that computer screen, he uses it to show you all side effects that 1% of people or more had compared to placebo, and if there's one really dangerous reaction at the bottom that is rare, it might be there. He makes you think about what you're getting into. Next time I'm visiting him, I'm trying to grab some bromazepam 6mg 3 times a day instead of the valium 20mg a day, more appropriate, valium after month of only low dosing triazolos suddenly hits me like a brick and I feel VERY tired all the time especially as it is mixed with Suboxone. Bromazepam has all the muscle relaxation and anxiolysis of valium and xanax, and can be kinda hypnotic, thats why i want 3 times a day, the last one at the end of the day will put me to sleep well. He knows i'm already on valium and xanax from my psychiatrist and I'll say as a GAD patient, my ADD is controlled now, but the GAD and also the need to have something calm me down when something is making my day shitty while on Dexies...i react 10 times worse cos...bipolar. Anyway, with GAD you always need something for the background anxiety, bromazepam is like valium for that. I could even get rid of Xanax, barely does anything anymore and I don't miss it when its gone, i get it weekly from psychiatrist, 7 1mg brand names, wont give me more than a week's worth, what is this, methadone treatment? Anyway. Sorry, this is a day where I skip the Dex, not needed.

With 15-20mg of Dex IR, me and my gf had many hmf moments, and more taken over several days, now we kinda stopped doing that, stimulants get more dificult on ya as you age for sure.

I have heard of unpleasant persisting bodily stimulation with a tired mind preventing sleep. So a low dose benzo for those who dont have a benzo addiction, and I really mean low dose, 0.25mg xanax or clonazepam, 5mg valium, 1mg ativan, 15mg temaz...

Last edited:
Def in general slow/extended release (XR) formulations are better than instant release (IR). Better in terms of more desired effect & less undesired. For me, IR versions of both Dexedrine and Ritalin really messed up my mood, making me irritable and depressed after they wore off, and at times even well before. Also, sudden rise in blood level of Dexedrine often has a paradoxical effect for me, making me super sleepy for hours. These side-effects were so bad they more than wiped out any benefit.

XR versions are way better, and Vyvanse is the most XR of em all. But instead of using tricky capsule design, it uses your own metabolism to deliver the drug as slowly as possible as it is converted to dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) inside your body.

Drugs that convert inside your body to the desired compound are called pro-drugs -- i.e. Vyvanse is a prodrug for dextroamphetamine. I wonder if there's a counterpart for methamphetamine, and if it would have any new therapeutic applications or advantages for certain conditions -- like maybe ADHD for some people.