• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was your pre-rave "scene" association?

Vaile I'm not suggesting you change your post. I'm just pointing out that you've made an assumption that we're all ravers (so we all therefore have a 'pre rave scene association') and that's not true.
Over it. Just making a point.

^^^^ Miss Apple, I believe that Vaile* was making the safe assumption that everyone on this board has gone to a rave/dance party/event involving music a least once in their lives, thus they have experienced the "scene."

Hmmm shit.
Grunge/Punk/Metal/Mainstream Electronica.
I really drifted around a lot, I don't know if I really ever had a 'home' per se. I still wear what I wore before, cargoes (yes i was born in cargoes) and surfie shirts and have short spiky hair. I've just always been like that really, scene gypsy. :)
-plaz out-

Before i started in the rave/dance scene i couldn't stand the music, couldn't understand why people listened to thump thump music, thought it was utter crap, until i popped my first pill, and now it's virtually all i listen to.

hey, that sounds exactly like me...!!

i went through many stages though; teenybopper/grunge/r&b/rap and then i finally found myself..... never looked back =D

Vaile.... you assume everyone is now in the "rave scene" because they're on bluelight??? :\

That's a bit of a generalisation isn't it? Sorry, don't mean to put a spanner in the works, mate, I know this question would be perfectly fine for 90% of the BL posters; but I'm not now, nor ever have been, a raver, yet I've been pilling for 2 years now.

What scene did I belong to? None, really. I guess the alternative/live band scene.... or perhaps the nerdy uni-student/ bookworm... =D

sorry, I just get a bit peed off with the rave emphasis here sometimes.... :)

oops, sorry.... I REALLY should have read the rest of the thread before I posted.... I see my complaint has been covered. ;)

my apologies... I'm in a confrontational mood tonite.. grrr :X hahahaa ;)

maybe the thread title should read: "Ravers: What scene did you previously belong to"? just a thought.

Metal, Death Metal, ghoul rock (go go Zombie, go go yeah yeah yeah)
etc.

not a goth, or a black metal-er as such either
just listened to the angst-ridden music and got off on it

I was a pop-punk chikka (but so hardkore ;)).

I skated (well I carried a skateboard around quite a bit). I got giddy over MXPX, Ataris, Grinspoon and Unwritten Law. I wore big pants and little singlets. Moshing and skanking were the closest I got to dancing. I drank a lot of beer and really related to songs about how the man was getting me down. I thought the boys with the spiked hair, the eyebrow piercing, doing the kick flips and going SICK in the mosh were the sexiest people in the world.

Life was fun.

Last edited:
I was quite fond of heavy metal, but opted for the white metallica t-shirts and fisherman knit jerseys as opposed to the black. :)

muzby said:
footy head
drinker
uni student
u know the sort....

sounds like me... but I am a barfly, into rugby and part time TAFE student who likes "stuff"..... 8)

Urbanhog %)

I was a pot-smoking, beer-drinking, live-band-scene-going, long-sleeved-white-tshirt-under-bright-coloured-motif-tshirt-wearing rockin' web development contractor ;) I'm not exactly sure what the category is called but we all had a smashing good time.

short answer wanker

long answer boat show wearing collars up brigaded debating rugby playing 80's rock listening prefect (or perhaps should be perfect) wanker.

Now... Raving wanker ;)

well, i've always had a slight inclination towards raves, but was always too much of a pussy to go (plus i was concentrating on a sporting career), but i was (and still am, to an extent) a grunge...er...person? yeah, of course labels don't really fit - i'm now as much of a raver as i am a grunge...r. i guess i'm just a typically lefty arts student actually, and was then.

maybe before that i was one of those sporty basketball-attending, adidas and puma trackies-wearing, gym-attending, football-playing bogans :) but i didn't drink beer.

Metal, big metal head, it was all i listened to, and was known for it, haha. But yeah usual story, one pill away, and now I'm listening to this trance, or breaks or whatever mostly.

quite the change, but i like it, i still get into the metal of course, i was at opeth around a month ago, awesome gig.

i was a big metal head, it's all i listened too.
i used to hear the occasional commercial trance song and think it was good, but i kept on saying to myself "i dont like it, fkn doof doof music". it was like i was affraid to like trance, since all my mates were into metal just as much as i was, i probably thought they would think of me as weird.. anyway, i finally accepted it. i went out and bought my first hard-trance cd (hard nrg vol.2 when it came out) and fkn loved it!! a fair while after i went to two tribes 2002, dropped a pill.. and had the best night of my life :D jeff mills played THE best set ive ever fucking heard, ever.
anyway, hard-trance and trance is basically all i listen to these days.. i occasionally listen to a bit of old skool korn and deftones (went to the deftones concert a little while ago, was sick!), but i get more outta trance these days, which isnt a bad thing at all, i loveeeeee trance so much :D

i think i've always been a little hippy...even as a teenager i was a very peaceful and happy person with flowy hippy like clothes but then i turned all alternate/punk like

had my 1st pill and all of a suddne loved anything electronic ...the music actually sounded good from that night forward lol

so became a clubber...then i hit the doof scene and i never felt like i had ever belonged anywhere in the world but there...its home to me =D

only been to 2 raves and i always call myself a raver baby hehe but doofs are where i'm at

so i guess i'm a DOOFqueen ;)

A-bong-smoking-rap-music-loveing-Techno-loveing-Home-Boy-wog%)