• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was your pre-rave "scene" association?

in response to the original post - how can you discount people's right to be an individual ... I go to rave's but do not wish to be seen as part of this uber-gay, clique. I wouldn't want to think of myself as a 'raver', i mean, raving is something i only do on the weekends .. what a horrible existence it would be to have raving my sole focus, drive and association in life .. i would have a identity crisis midweek.

Shuba said:
Is it just taken for granted that everyone here is a raver, or somehow involved in the rave scene?

Nope and this thread has covered that discussion a lot. I'm suprised the thread title wasn't modified accordingly.

Because I'm not, at all. I'm here because I like drugs.

Aren't we all. =D

yeh i wouldnt call myself a raver.... i go to events to take drugs and be with my mates pretty much....

i guess i used to be into juvenile delinquency, out of that phase for the most part now.... i wouldnt say im part of a scene or clique or anything like that..... unless u count being a stoner...%)

hey all, long time reader first time poster here. having only just been introduced to the whole dance scene myself i'll agree with anfalicious in terms of everyone is only one pill away from liking dance music=D anyways i was a definate devotee of the skater/rocker scene and still am. after my first proper pilling experience (BDO 2003) walking back to the car my mate said something to the effect of "oh shit he's gonna be a raver in no time!" (at this point i had glowbands around my wrists, a triple j visor holding my dreadlocks outta my face and only my denim shorts on - go figure - hehehe
anyways i'm hell keen to get to my first big rave and yeah - look forward to banging bikkies and stomping hard in the future =D =D

Shuba said:
Is it just taken for granted that everyone here is a raver, or somehow involved in the rave scene?

Because I'm not, at all. I'm here because I like drugs.

Hell no - I've never been to a rave in my life, and I take pills on a very regular basis. I probably only set foot in a club once or twice a year, if that. See, they even let non-ravers be mods! ;)

I must admit when I first started posting in Aus. Social I noticed it was VERY rave-orientated; and still is, to some degree. But that's to be expected I guess, and there's more pub, band and house-party people here than you'd think. :)

Last edited:
AHA!
thankyou SLM, thats wat i am.... a house party person..... dont know why i couldnt think of that for my last post, but yes..... definately house parties for me

id hav to say is started off with ur run of the muck melbourne night clubs and still hit them on the weekends, still hav the most fun at a rockin event though!

I haven't been to a rave yet, but just started doing pills and I'm hoping to go to one soon and see if I like it, it's always interested me just never really had the opportunity (and by that I mean friends who would actually want to go)

Anyway I've been called a hippie before but I don't know.

*punk rock surfer dude*

Surfed all day, listened to punk rock, and cruised round Avalon (Sydney's northern beaches) on my skateboard bustin ollies!

Went to sik parties where me and my mates would talk about our favourite pro surfers, drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol, and try and hook into chicks.

It was pretty fun

......but being a tweaked raver is better. Theres nothin like goin to a sik rave to see some sik dj's whilst indulging in party prescriptions, meeting and talking to a ridiculous amount of randoms and dancing your arse off! Then coming home at 6:30 - 7:00am with ur scattered crew, turning on the decks+mixer and pumpin out some of your fav tunes to wake up the neighbours, then we all have bongs and drift off into our own little happylands. :D