• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was your pre-rave "scene" association?

lets see teeny bopper turned homie turned grunge and at 18 someone put me out of my missery and took me to a rave. I havent looked back on it since. and Im 24 now :)

Don't assume all bluelighters are ravers.
I was a grunge/indie music loving person. Now I'm a dance music loving person.
That doesn't make me a raver.

Originally posted by BUMPMEK:
Before i started in the rave/dance scene i couldn't stand the music, couldn't understand why people listened to thump thump music, thought it was utter crap, until i popped my first pill, and now it's virtually all i listen to.

I've always said, "everyone is only 1 pill away from liking techno" :p
I was metal/hippy/teeny bopper/raver/indie, whatever was good for where I was going. I like almost all music, so I enjoy getting into almost any music scene.

I dont think i really had a pre scene association. maybe it's that my tastes in music has changed! use to listen to alot industrial style music and a bit of metal. i've always liked roaring synth's ect.
*dusts of his trenchcoat and put's on the NIN dvd ;) "
maybe just alittle bit of a goth ;)

Pleo: Maybe you are placing to much of your focus below the belt if you know what i mean? ;)
I am as much of an individual in $170 pants as you are in $17...
Green with envy? ;)

I always thought i was too "open-minded" to be into any one style of music or music culture.
I think the last time i was into a particular style of music was when i was, like, 14 and i was a big metalhead. PAN-TE-RA!!!
Since then i've been listening to something different almost every day. Everything from '70s garage punk to latin folk music.
And then i got into electronic music and became narrow-minded and intolerant to alot of other music. I never thought i'd see the day when i would be proud to be considered a raver, or a part of any subculture for that matter.
So, if i was ever a try-hard wanna-be, it's probably now, at this stage of my life, since I never really tried to be part of any scene before.

hrm, still am a lil grunge/indie type-o' chick, deep down...
o', and mmmmm... mmmmmetal... scrumptious!
*strokes her SLIPKNOT album and purrs*

Was trying to be into the whole grunge think. Dressing from the op. shop and thinking I was different. Still love my metal too though, my mid-week relief.
Aaah the benefits of hindsight.
[ 13 May 2002: Message edited by: elevhein ]

*chaoscat* : Associations... music, people, some sub-culture with all the stigma that people like to recognise and box for their own personal amusement, such as me.
Additionally; cool... you have a nice history. So then you'd say
"My 'associations' as you put it, involved a casual relationship with that of the XX scene and XX scene , which I enjoyed but did not take seriously. However, I do find your generalisations quite daunting to my ego, and feel violated answering your question. Indeed, this is the base-est rape my psyche has ever undergone, and I hereby declare hither : I take no responsibility when my 'id' superceeds my 'Superego' and goes after you instead."
--> refer to page 1, line 6. Minus Points.
;)
Miss Apple : As above. I'm sorry I couldn't accomodate your personal interpretation of the posting of this thread before I posted it. I don't consider everyone in Bluelight a raver, because I know people who post in Bluelight; and I've found they are human. I did forsee something like this being said, however, I couldn't find a way to ask the question, say I know you're not all ravers, say I all respect your sense of individuality, explain where this question came from, and then say 'IT'S JUST FOR FUN'.
:) ;) *hugs*
Tabernacle : All you Samoans are all the same! No essential decency for the white man's culture!!!
In general, I think it's great that there is a common ground for all people, regardless of their prior social influences to just enjoy themselves.
Thankyou Happy Hard Fairy. Thankyou Trance Shaman. Thankyou Dance Goddess, and every other entity I haven't answered to.
:D Hugs all round :D
Note : Miss Apple, If you have any suggestions as to how the topic thread could be reworded for 'correctness' purposes, I'll be happy to change it.
[ 13 May 2002: Message edited by: Vaile* ]

Ummmm, before I was in this scene....
*blinks, and stares blankly*
I don't remember, because now I'm home.
*smiles vacantly*
(I was a pseudo gothboy, and I'm still a fucking huge smashing pumpkins fan. THAT will never change.)

OOO well i had always been listening to metal, stuff like segression, pantera etc etc. I used to walk around in my tight black jeans, black blundstones, metal t-shirts and grew my hair long which looked more like rat tails then anything else. :p
Then around the age of 17 i heard the prodigy and absolutely loved it. Turned 18, hit the commerical clubs, discovered the commercial side to house and trance at places like Heat, yes i know ... heat :( . Now i am 21 and have never enjoyed a genre of music so much as electronic.
I always say to myself that this was the music that i had always been looking for, its that it took me almost 18 years to find it.
Dont worry though, i havent abandoned metal, it still holds a place in my life and is still played on my stereo from time to time. :)

yeah i was into my cali punk!! i skated and snowboarded, and still do mind u. Anyone dumped whilst riding the mountains?? i still dont mind the odd bit of punk though :)
cortez

I can't remember what I was like before raving/pilling...
Wait a second I can't remember anything before pilling...........
Nah I'm JK (sorta ;) ), I don't really know if I'd fit into any archetype band though (does that make sense?).
I guess I would be a hardcore house-partier...
Used to live for getting drunk(/stoned) at parties every friday and saturday night... Loved ska music... But appreciated/loved a lot of other stuff too.
I guess a "social butterfly" about sums it up.
Raving only came in seriously at about the start of year 11...
House parties seriously started some time during year 8...

i came out of the womb in phat pants, suckn on a glow-stick.
i was a bum, then i found dance music> now im a dancing bum= hallaluliah praise the lord i have been born again.
come ride my k-donkey

I was trashy grungy/alternative/punk.
Actually a funny story, while I was in high school me and some mates created our own subculture. We wore ties with hawaiin shirts and had funky hair, I took mine from Vivian off the "young ones". That died on its arse pretty quick but it was fun while it lasted.
Oh yeah, I was a Bible Basher for a bit there too. And used to listen to such Christian hard rock songs as "SAVIOUR of the World, SAviour of this generation"
Its true there is a subculture of Christian youth who have their own music and everyothing

dont know about a specific association or scene, i just loved losing myself in music like massive attack, portishead, ebtg, and especially bjork's homogenic album - loved how it could completely surround me. i guess that lead into loving electronic music more generally and of course, e'ing and being with like-minded people only heightened that. I love the fact that i can still get lost in whatever my fave music is at any given time though, with or without chemical alteration!
having said that, i did all the standard indie-kid/grungey stuff like the BigDayOuts...i just always snuck off to the boiler room when my friends were busy in the mosh pit hehehehe

Hee hee...
from grunge to teenybopper to backpacker to surfer to RAVER!