Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television What TV Shows are You Binging v. Cut That Cord!

Yeah it ran for a long time. I haven’t seen much from the later seasons

after recommendations from multiple people and seeing it all over the internet, i started American Nightmare

i watched the first 2 episodes and i'll wrap up the 3rd tonight.

it is well edited to be dramatic and the story is, for far, absolutely crazy.

alasdair

I just finished recording the original Dr Who series (as many still exist) directly from BBC and decided to cleans the palate by recording Blake's 7 before proceeding with the newer reboot series of Dr Who. All I can say is that Blake's 7 is so corny that it makes Doctor Who look like it was directed by Stanley Kubrick .

B7-Logo1.jpg

Thank goodness for guilty pleasures ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CFC
^ i am a couple of episodes into that (boy swallows universe). it's great.

i just binged season 2 of crime:

cbc_crime_ott_program_v03.jpg

it was excellent.

alasdair

All right, what show do y'all watch that you wouldn't normally watch that style of show either because it's so bad it's good or the characters and plot are so stupid it's inadvertently hilarious? I occasionally watch Jersey Shore, although the people disgust me their lives look fucking awesome and I'm jealous. :lolyoyo:

Last edited:
^ the bachelor/bachelorette. it's awful but great :)

i finished the curse.

i've enjoyed everything nathan fielder has done and this was no exception. it's incredible.

alasdair

Been watching Too Old to Die Young the past few nights, Refn’s 2019 short series. Each episode has been about an hour and a half so it’s like I’ve watched several of his films and I’m digging it. The Cliff Martinez soundtrack is amazing as always and lots of neon colors.

Definitely a dark show. No one is good it seems. Really enjoying it though.

^Almost finished with that series, very much enjoying it. Gotta be the darkest shit I’ve seen of Refn’s work thus far. There’s a sense that our main character is good yet he isn’t. Life is catching up to him. Just really gripping television.

Wife and I have binged Avatar the Last Airbender the past week, we got it on blu ray recently to replace our old dvd set and the one episode I love most (cactus juice, it’s the quenchiest!) had artifacts on the disc. I’m hoping that it’s just our ten year old Xbox one playing tricks cause otherwise I’ve got one bad disc out of a whole damn set. I’ve had said Xbox have artifacting with even streamed stuff recently tho so I may be in luck and just need a new disc player which I planned on replacing to play region B blu rays anyhow.

Finished Too Old to Die Young. Last few episodes were bleh. Middle episodes were epic. I think episodes 4-7 were some of Refn's best work but the rest of the series kinda flopped in the end.

Currently watchig unsolved mysteries. Can't believe i found it online i loved this show. I havent seen it since it was on tv first

Ohhh man I bought Fear X on dvd for real cheap (no blu ray option) and rewatched it tonight; it was the beginning of Refn’s modern career. So many references in Too Old to Die Young to that film. I feel like he took that film and blew it up into something more befitting of his newer style and the Trump era.

TOTDY was so good save for the last two and a half episodes. Almost became a parody of itself at the end. Otherwise the best show I’ve seen since Twin Peaks: The Return.

Been watching loads of Holland Crime Boulevard on Youtube. It's decent if your interested in the scene in general and people behind it all.

I watched most of the first season of Euphoria. It was really engaging for a while, but then by the end of the season it seemed that the writers ran out of ideas, and it turned into a series of excruciatingly long and boring montages sandwiching an episode shot as a single scene in a coffee shop. This show doesn't have the gravitas to pull stuff like this off. I quit watching mid-montage a couple episodes from the end of the season.

Before that, I watched Succession. That one I got all the way through. The writing and plot were goofy at times -- this is an unsubtle critique of the businessman class of right-wing America, and the characters often act like caricatures. That said, it was often genuinely funny, the characters' development kept my attention despite the frequent silliness, and Brian Cox was phenomenal as the patriarch (Rupert Murdoch, essentially). It gets extra points as its final few episodes were the strongest of the show, which is hard to pull off. Overall, worth watching, but maybe a bit overrated.