• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What to do when a friend goes completely crazy on psychedelics?

Without ever being on treatment?? When do you think they learn they are psychopaths?

In in order to get this diagnosis, don't wouldn't they need to run a couple of tests, go to psychiatrists etc?

Why do you think you're a psychopath?
I do have ASPD but I'm not a psychopath.
There are different subtypes of ASPD and psychopathy is basically a very extreme variety. A pure psychopath doesn't need any friends or family whatsoever - they need victims. They find somebody to latch onto, bleed them dry and then fuck their life up just for the hell of it. They also tend to exhibit traits from a very young age.

I am more of a sociopath - there are definitely genetic factors, but I believe the causes are mostly environmental.

Normally psychopaths don't have such awareness of their condition as far as I know.
WRONG. If you had ASPD/psychopathy, you'd know about it. You'd notice how your emotional reactions and ways of thinking differ greatly from the norm and you have to learn to feign empathy when really you couldn't give a shit.

Without ever being on treatment??
There is no treatment available for psychopaths. The only cure is time. Last year I went to my doctor asking for something to help with my anger issues and he put me on low-dose Celexa hoping it would "mellow me out". He told me he was worried that I might snap out of boredom and frustration and end up "having a pop at somebody in the street".

After talking with him for about 20 minutes, he told me pretty much what I was expecting to hear. He told me that I am of sound mind (not mentally ill), but that I have a very strong sense of superiority and entitlement and all I could do was improve my circumstances and stay away from people/things that piss me off. His professional opinion was that I need to get myself a better job, get more money and have more sex. He told me outright that therapy would be of no use for somebody like me and not to expect too much from the Celexa.

When do you think they learn they are psychopaths?
I think it varies. Psychopathy is mostly genetic and traits appear at a very young age. Sociopathy is also genetic but it's more latent and has environmental causes as well.
I started to notice when I was around 14 or 15 that my thinking and emotions were just 'different' to everybody else.

In in order to get this diagnosis, don't wouldn't they need to run a couple of tests, go to psychiatrists etc?
What tests could they run? ASPD is a personality disorder, not a psychiatric disorder.

@AA357,
Thank you for clarifying all my questions. It seems to me that you have quite a challenge for life.
I believe it's important that you try to achieve your goals, and in certain ways, always good to have a sound mind.
I guess that one day you might find better ways to deal with your issues as it can be very frustrating to hear there isn't much to do.
Hopefully within the pharmaceutical industries, who knows...
All the best,
E.-

all psychedelics are unique. sometimes turning the thermostat down about 2 degrees is beneficial in the middle of the experience. after the peak repetitive tasks are soothing during that transition. peaceful sunset walks or simple music could sooth the challenge.

you should confidently reassure them. if appropriate, moderate physical contact is positive. say "They are safe" and "Will soon be better". place your arm over their shoulders and begin a repetitive task. y'all could sing "Amazing Grace" too.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

and so on ...
http://psychsitter.com/the-manual-of-psychedelic-support/

AA try yoga, taji, and then whatever forn of mediation works for you. I prefer to sit under a tree a breath with my mantra taking in the healing life energy and expelling stagnant destructive energy that only brings me closer to death so that it can be free to find a place to rest and become decomposed and returned to a healing state.

Your sister obviously needs someone in her life who is there for her as she obviously feels she needs to be there for herself yet does not have the ability only leading her to destroy herself and even those who want to help. She will only get worse without you or the rest of her family. Be there for her while never allowing her to walk over you.

If you want my advice it follows. If you choose to ignore it I take no offense. Figure out what she wants to give back to life as we all do and figure out how you can help her move towards to herself. I'm sure you will see her change into a new person with the capacity to respect, appreciate, abs be grateful as she has seen what it is like to lose family.

This type of emergency happens to ppl all the time, on all types of 5-HT2a agonists. The best thing to do is to give the out of control tripper a benzo and an anti-psychotic before it gets too bad and they are running around outside, naked and breaking into cars or whatnot.

I have a friend whose brother injected LSD and ended up in the psych ward. He totally flipped out and it took 4 cops ton restrain him.

I like to keep tranquilizer darts around to tame people who get savage.

Na but really I don't fucking know, I generally just abandon them before the cops come TBH, don't really know what else to do. ya it's shitty but if we're both tripping i'm not capable of helping them.

I like to keep tranquilizer darts around to tame people who get savage.

Na but really I don't fucking know, I generally just abandon them before the cops come TBH, don't really know what else to do. ya it's shitty but if we're both tripping i'm not capable of helping them.

I have a habit of abandoning people who are beyond what I can do to help them.

I was on the edge of a similar meltdown yesterday, popped a .5 xanax, crisis averted, great trip. I was happy, having a good time, but I was in public with two people having sudden crippling bad trips themselves and the energy started to spiral me out of control. Reached into my pocket, a-ok after a short wait.

Invest in benzos.