• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs what RC stimulant best mimics adderal/amph--can b used for work and taken daily

walterdini

Bluelighter
I need a stiimulant to help me function at work, and am considering one of the many RC stimulants available.

In your experience/knowledge/opinion, which RC stimulant would be best suited to be taken daily to make me moe alert and productive at work. I am looking for something as similar to adderall as possible. Something that is still technically legal in the uSA, that lasts for at least 2-3 hours per dose, preferably 4-6 hours if possible, and something that can be taken orally or snorted.

It should also be as safe as an RC can possibly be. Meaning if its between safety and efficacy, I'd rather take something half as effective but twice as safe as another rc stim.

I'm on 140mg/day MMT and while keeping me off opiates, it makes me too drowsy and my mind too foggy to work at optimal level. I've been using cocaine daily to keep me alert, it works, but is expensive. I've tried propylhexadrine (benzadrex) and it also works, but feels slightly toxic--it has much broader systemic effects than I need and takes a toll on my body so I can't imagine taking it daily or even more than once every few weeks.

I've tried all the OTC stimulants like caffeine, ephedrine, energy drinks, diet pills and herbal suppliments. None produce the effects I need.

I am thinking abnout lowering my dose, and will be starting that next week. But last thing I want to do is go too low to avoid being drowsy and end up relapsing...

I do not have access to adderall, ritalin, concerta, meth, speed, etc....nobody I know evens knows someone with access to these drugs

Soooo, I'm looking at RC stims to help me stay productive until I can taper to a lower dose of methadone that does not make me groggy without risking relapse along the way down in dose. No need to mention diet, excersize, sleep....well aware of the benefits of these things and am trying to take advantage of them.

Ok, i know you said you cant get amps....

To be absolutely honest you seem dead set on a stim for work yet seem to be considering RC stims only.

Would you rather take an amp stim like meth which is proven in its usefulness and clear on its risk profile and used faithfully by millions worldwide due to its reliability or rather a random RC stim that might turn out to be proven to be poison in a few years after proper study?

I'm not promoting the use of illegal stims but compared to inferior unknown RC stims, the devil you know seems the better option in terms of risk/reward by far. What are your thoughts OP?

Also rem well known legal stims are legal because they are not abused and they are not abused for a reason (because they suck giant donkey dong)

In terms of your long term safety and ability/access to information on dealing with your chosen substance you would be better off spending your time finding an amp or meth instead of dealing with RC shit. The devil you know.

Oh and personally Kratom is incredible for me for working and practical purposes due to the additional stim effects. Even as a frequent meth user, I chose Kratom for work instead as its more stable and controllable for functionality. Just an idea.

Sekio, i love you, but I have this to say to caffeine.

"Also rem well known legal stims are legal because they are not abused and they are not abused for a reason (because they suck giant donkey dong)"

^^ For somebody already decided on using a substance would you prefer they do some unknown substance instead?

^^ For somebody already decided on using a substance would you prefer they do some unknown substance instead?

Id rather they try their hardest to find adderal/ritalin/dexidrine before taking meth or an rc.Maybe even talk to their doctor and see if they can get prescribed a low dose of one of those.

Well exactly I agree. Find a real amp like i mentioned such as those above instead of going the RC route.

I face this problem when I run out of adderall. One thing I recently stumbled on was micro dosing LSD. Instead of taking the 150-300 mcg's of L which is roughly a hit, you take 10, 15 or 20 mcg's. The threshold is usually around 30 mcg's or in other words the point where you start to notice it. Micro dosing is found to be energizing and to sharpen your senses. And its doable at work because you wont be tripping at all. Look up Dr. James Fadiman on MAPS.org there are some articles and seminars on it. Hope this helps.

Anyone who thinks caffeine "sucks as a stimulant" isn't taking it seriously, IMO. Also, up until a while ago, there were plenty of "legal" stims that people were abusing... the fact that a drug is illegal or not has no bearing on its efficacy.

If you are tired because you are on a ridiculously large dose of methadone, the last thing you need is to pile on some amphetamines, or wacky ass stimulant RC's. That's an excellent way to build a polydrug addiction.

I apologize, i meant sucking more in terms of comparison to real drugs of the same class.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Is your point that "meth is better than RCs"? because there are plenty of disadvantages to regular meth/amphetamine use - including rather long-lasting brain damage with overuse, high blood pressure resulting in an elevated risk of stroke, a general prediposition to stress and anxiety in life, etc.

Sekio, i love you, but I have this to say to caffeine.

"Also rem well known legal stims are legal because they are not abused and they are not abused for a reason (because they suck giant donkey dong)"

I would NOT recommend caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant only because it blocks the neurotransmitter Adenosine. This causes you to maybe feel more awake, but feel very fidgety, have really bad heart palpitation, and ALWAYS puts me into mania.

If you really want something that is like Adderall or Ritalin I would order some "Ethylphenidate". Ethlyphenidate is an analogue of Methylphenidate - but it has more affinity for Norepinephrine which should actually give you (in theory) better focus than Ritalin. However - keep in mind that you MUST take it as if you were taking Ritalin capsules. Don't exceed "theraputic" doses

2-fluoroamphetamine would also be a good option as it is a very good work/study drug, just make sure you take oral doses only and do not redose in the same day. Orally it lasts 4-6 hours and has a very clean focused feeling. I do agree with sekio about this being a bad idea as you are likely to end up with a polydrug addiction, which is something that I am currently struggling with and it is no fun at all.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Is your point that "meth is better than RCs"? because there are plenty of disadvantages to regular meth/amphetamine use - including rather long-lasting brain damage with overuse, high blood pressure resulting in an elevated risk of stroke, a general prediposition to stress and anxiety in life, etc.
Hmmmm...sounds exactly like what meth did to me. So I back this up 100%.

(M)ethylphenidate is a stimulant only because it blocks reuptake of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine. This causes you to maybe feel more awake, but feel very fidgety, have really bad heart palpitation, and ALWAYS puts me into mania.

Seriously though, different drugs for different folks, and all that - but doses of 50-200mg caffeine, depending on personal physiology and frequency of use, can definitely produce wakefulness without unpleasant anxiety/heart problems. It's recognised as safe by the FDA. Smaller doses are probably better- a single Redbull has probably twice as much caffeine as a non-regular-user needs.

Some people also report less jittery effects with plant-based sources of caffeine, like yerba mate or guarana. You're welcome to try those too. (If you want to know a jittery, gnarly, nigh-useless anxiogen, try yohimbe bark sometime.)

I guess my point is, amphetamines don't really have a more tolerable side effect profile than caffeine. Both are nasty in overdose, but both can eb very effective stims in reasonable doses.
The problem with monoaminergic stimulants (NDRIs, amphetamines) is that for most people they will lose their 'sparkle" eventually. Using meth/amphetamines to stay awake is not sustainable.

If you come off a couple months of caffeine, you'll probably have some headaches and be sluggish for a bit. (could even taper caffeine to avoid this) Coming off a daily amphetamine habit would probably leave you in a mess, comparably...

Last edited:
In your experience/knowledge/opinion, which RC stimulant would be best suited to be taken daily to make me moe alert and productive at work.

Adrafinil may be useful, but I only recommend this because you have access to methadone which will allow you to get some sleep despite adrafinil's long duration of stimulant effect. Technically adrafinil is not an RC since it's a prescription drug in many European countries, but it's commonly sold as an RC in countries where it is not (yet) regulated, which includes the US. Not the strongest RC stim in terms of rush but will keep you very alert, and is most likely to be the safest RC stim due to wide availability of pharmaceutical grade product. Do not mix adrafinil with any other stim, it has powerful synergy with amphetamines and similar drugs.

I am looking for something as similar to adderall as possible. Something that is still technically legal in the uSA, that lasts for at least 2-3 hours per dose, preferably 4-6 hours if possible, and something that can be taken orally or snorted.

Like someone else posted above, ethylphenidate fits that bill but purity and safety issues are more concerning than with adrafinil because you're dealing with a "semi-true" RC rather than a pharmaceutical sold through RC suppliers. By semi-true RC I mean ethylphenidate is chemically very close to a true and tested pharmaceutical (methylphenidate) so not as experimental as the more esoteric purely RC stims, but there is still purity issues. Ideally whatever you choose should be tested, even if it's only at a basic level. I suggest you research for ways to have this done.

2-FMA is readily available, cheap and effective. Seems to me there are very few who would argue that this one does not meet your specifications. Safety is the most iffy part, because no one really knows. I found 2-FMA to be mild and not likely to become an addiction...closest thing to Dexamphetamine in my limited experience. There are threads about this one...plenty of shared opinions...