• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What pills were common in the 60s, 70s and 80s?

Pentazocine is still rx'd from time to time. Ive had Talwin before. Meh. Now what I could really go for is some Palfium:) had it once and would kick a baby in the face to feel those badboys again.

You had it in the U.S? I thought it was pretty much a European thing....cool! the ones I heard about was Peach, 10mg ones.And the buzz off oral ones was meant to be even better than the BEST high of IVd heroin...even UK scripted heroin which isn't common now, but was everywhere once upon a time.

OP thorazine is not recreational, its an anti-psychotic

he probably just heard the Ramones' "We Are A Happy Family" and heard the lyric "We are in all the magazines, gulping down thorazines", and thought that they were getting high off thorazine, which I also thought when I first heard it when I was 14, although I asked my cousin and he showed me a bottle of it that my aunt was prescribed, and I was dissapointed. Then he showed me what would be his first weed plant, and his first (of many) weed plant(s), and what would be my first smoke. =D

I was talking to my friend's dad today.(he's over 80)
He was telling me about quaaludes and barbiturates back in the day along with bennies(pill and nasal inhalers)
seems like 60s and 70's were quaaludes, barbiturates, benzedrine, and I would think methedrine.
i feel that benzos started getting bigger in 80's and between 70s and 80s, there were MDMA that wasn't yet illegal.

I forgot PCP. Is it even still around or people prefer ketamine nowadays?
I remember kids at school getting so messed up on it, we called them "teaheads"

I believe Valium was pretty common since it was invented and upto the end of 80's.

The kind of wonder drug. Depression? Valium! Headache? Valium! Anxiety? Valium! =D

i also find it interesting that most young drug users of today have no idea what barbiturates are.... they are in the migraine medicine i use (use not abuse)
not really sure what the recreational effects would be

Are you referring to Fioricet? I absolutely abuse that. :D

Ones I still take: Diconal "pinkies, kitchen, dike"; Cyclizine/Valoid; Dexedrine "dexies midnight runners/evans db5"

Still available in UK: Surmontil, Prothiaden, Sinequan (tricyclic AD's), Tuinal "Christmas trees, chewies, wobblers, King Kong pills", Seconal "red devils, segs", Amytal "blue angels", "blues" (before Valium took over) [barbiturates: BNF suggests restricting all to existing patients only of whom several thousand remain countrywide]; Soneryl (less strong barbiturate, not specifically advised against new prescriptions but rarely offered); Equanil/Equagesic (meprobamate with & without paracetamol, intended as a downer OR muscle relaxant, a metabolite of Soma/carisoprodol; very, very rarely offered to new patients- BNF "less suitable for prescribing"); Sertindole, Orap, Piportil, Largactil (oldskool anti-psychs; but used for mild anxiety, alongside anti depressants and for various other rare indications too; sadly also prescribed for naughty children before ADHD was recognised by better neuroscience, inclusion came in, and focusing on stimulants in mainstream schools replaced being zombied out in special schools for those poor kids) Optimax (tryptophan- extremely rarely used atypical AD used by one consultant in the "Newcastle Cocktail".)

Ones I still take: Diconal "pinkies, kitchen, dike"; Cyclizine/Valoid; Dexedrine "dexies midnight runners/evans db5"

Still available in UK: Surmontil, Prothiaden, Sinequan (tricyclic AD's), Tuinal "Christmas trees, chewies, wobblers, King Kong pills", Seconal "red devils, segs", Amytal "blue angels", "blues" (before Valium took over) [barbiturates: BNF suggests restricting all to existing patients only of whom several thousand remain countrywide]; Soneryl (less strong barbiturate, not specifically advised against new prescriptions but rarely offered); Equanil/Equagesic (meprobamate with & without paracetamol, intended as a downer OR muscle relaxant, a metabolite of Soma/carisoprodol; very, very rarely offered to new patients- BNF "less suitable for prescribing"); Sertindole, Orap, Piportil, Largactil (oldskool anti-psychs; but used for mild anxiety, alongside anti depressants and for various other rare indications too; sadly also prescribed for naughty children before ADHD was recognised by better neuroscience, inclusion came in, and focusing on stimulants in mainstream schools replaced being zombied out in special schools for those poor kids) Optimax (tryptophan- extremely rarely used atypical AD used by one consultant in the "Newcastle Cocktail".)

Yeha diconal, wouldn't mind getting my hands on that. Think they still make it in my country - I'm prescribed a shit load of oxy might not hurt to ask my doc ! (might be the midazolam talking).

You had it in the U.S? I thought it was pretty much a European thing....cool! the ones I heard about was Peach, 10mg ones.And the buzz off oral ones was meant to be even better than the BEST high of IVd heroin...even UK scripted heroin which isn't common now, but was everywhere once upon a time.

nah man, we never got it in the US:( I had them when I went overseas and a friend had a old relative who was still rx'd them but never took them. And they were the peach ones. God the rush those little bastards had was AmaZinG=D

Without a doubt. I've said it a few times now but I'm always surprised at the complete lack of knowledge people had about the drugs they did.

No wonder things like erowid, bluelight were created, people needed the knowledge to be as readily available as possible.

im interested in this too

what about the barbiturate/amphetamine combinations that were used for depression in the 70's/60's?

opiates were used in psychiatry until the 1960's, and amphetamines (alone) regularly for depression until the 70's
DexAmyl aka Goofballs - anyone seen the MST3K episode Catalina Capter with LIttle Richard doin his soing about scuba divin' in the deep blue see, joel keeps riffing and hes probably right that Little Richard is on Goofballs he looks higher than anyone ive ever seen, I want what hes havin' like tom said haha. Sounds FANTASTIC doubt it was on the market long - but could've bene a great antidepressant imho. Some combo of dopamine, gaba-a and/or gaba b GHB-R, and or opioid/endorphin would make perfect ideas for new novel antidepressants imho verses the horrible stuff on the market now, I would like to be on something for depression but the interactions are too awful and side effects/disconntinuation syndromes, of drugs like the SSRi's, SNRi's, TCA's, TeCA's, MAOi's (diet) and RIMA's - is there any antidepressant that isnt just some off lable rehash ala gabapentin/pregabalin - that isn't in any of these classes - tricyclics tetracyclics make my family suicidal, MAOIs RIMAs dietary and RIMAs are hard to come by relatively new, SSRi's zombie town weight gain, no mood lift, no happy no sad, just falt, SNRis zombie town weight gain no real emotional noticeable difference, Trazadone and Seroquel (antipsychotics are evil imho) still have seroquel discontinuation problems years later - are even more zombie brain dead coma all day. I want to try a novel antidepressant that doesnt interact with my recreation - and don't have to worry about serotonin syndrome or any of the other harsh interactions wtih all the antidepressants, anyone have some suggestions. What is Buspar? What class does that belong to? Thats one I know nothing about. If only Xyrem was available my problems would be solved :-/

Preludin tablets (phenmetrazine) my dad talked about these. I've heard others talk about these like they were like meth but better too.