• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What pills were common in the 60s, 70s and 80s?

NSFW:
Dexamyl was amobarbital and dextroamphetamine combined in a tablet actually marketed as an antidepressant starting in 1950 up until 1973. I guess the barb was supposed to take the edge off the stim, essentially. Interesting stuff.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexamyl
I had a prescription for daprisal back in the early '70s, It was a combination painkiller and amphetamine, highly addictive. I loved them. Take one for pain, not sure how many hours apart, but after 4-5 days of taking them for pain I was taking 9-10 a day. You could build up a tolerance to them extremely fast. I only had 2 scrips for them and my doctor changed it to something else for pain, which I didn't like and stopped with pain meds after a month.

Mothers Little Helper

Oh yep the Rolling Stone song is about housewives of 60's using amph: black beauties to b the ultimate housewives n allowing them to get thru their day!"
LOL Yeah, that was me. Revved up housewife, 1969. The problem with speed was that, unlike downers which had alternate treatments for addiction, there was no treatment for speed freaks, no substitute to wean you off them. Once you're strung out on speed try stopping. Not easy.