Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What movies are you really looking forward to seeing?

The Rum Diary is based on a novel by Hunter S. Thompson - just like Fear and Loathing. However - it is a somewhat different book - and you never know how movies turn out...

--- G.

The Wicker Man remake, once it's completed. And Charlie The Chocolate Factory by Tim Burton, w/ Depp as Wonka. And I heard Elephant is phenomenal.

Morrison's Lament said:
The Rum Diary is based on a novel by Hunter S. Thompson - just like Fear and Loathing. However - it is a somewhat different book - and you never know how movies turn out...

--- G.

I'll have to check that out! I truly love Hunter S. Thompson. When is it supposed to be released?
And Charlie the Chocolate Factory as well? Knowing Depp is in it has me wanting to see it even more!

definitely timeline, and kill bill volume 2...also, if that charlie and the chocolate factory remake is definitely in the works then i'm fucking thrilled. amazing book, amazing director, amazing star...couldn't be any better (i just hope they don't spoil it by having super-lame cutesy kids in it...it should be a fantasy, but not too high on the schmaltz...).

i cant wait to see Placebo. Parasites. Degenerates. To die a dogs death. and Gaijin...............
oh waitaminute...i havent wriitten them yet. there will be huge lineups for these

Return of the King, without a doubt

also when the following come out on DVD:

Mystic River... I think I missed it in theaters
Kill Bill 1 and 2... again missed it in theaters
Whale Rider

Mystic River was a lot better than I had expected. I snuck into it with one of my friends because it was the closest one to us and it had only been on for about 15 minutes by the time we got in. Sean Penn's performance really made the movie in a lot of ways, IMO. I think it might still be in theaters at some places maybe.

I cannot wait for the "Alice" movie to come out. This is the movie based on the Dark Wonderland world of the American McGee's Alice PC game by EA Games. The story is much more twisted than the Disney version.
In this Dark Wonderland version, Alice is a mental patient in an asylum trying to get over the traumatic experience of losing her parents in a fire when she was only a child. Her journey back to sanity is through the Dark Wonderland of her own mind. Combining distorted images from the original Alice in Wonderland book and real life experiences in the asylum. For example: Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee are actually just orderlies in the asylum who Alice views as a threat to her. The Mad Hatter is just another patient in a straight jacket. Also, real-world treatments in the asylum (shots, shock therapy,etc.) affect the Wonderland Alice in her mind in various ways.

There has not been a release date set for this movie and I've yet to see any trailers. The buzz has strictly been internet related. Although, I did hear, supposedly, Natalie Portman is to play Alice.

Last edited:
Morrison's Lament said:
Hitchhiker's Guide--- G.

Please elaborate... if they are making hitchhikers movies they have moved to the top of my most anticipated movies... Not hard seeing as I wasn't looking forward to anyhting except Kill Bill II but hey...

Here's the deal:

For much of the past twenty years Douglas Adams was in talks with several Hollywood studios about finalizing script and production details for a Hitchiker's guide movie to be followed by a sequel if all were to go well.

Around the time of his death things were really starting to move (I have recently read a book that contains some of his last correspondance salvaged from his laptop). With his death things stalled - but according to the internet rumour mill things have been set in motion irreversably and this movie WILL be made - at least the first one.

It will probably have a fairly hefty budget, a largely British cast, and tons of special effects to recreate the hillarity of the wacky universe.

The bad news? Earliest release date I have heard quoted is 2005 - and that was when they were expected to start shooting this year. It seems unlikely anything will happen untill next year - and in that case we may have to wait untill 2006/7 :(

--- G.

Most anticipated movies:

Return of the King
King Bill Vol. 2
The Last Samurai (anyone see the Xtreme Martial Arts special on Discovery Channel last night?)

Big Fish... oh- and The Hebrew Hammer ... adam goldberg and judy greer (deadly girl from The Specials) should be funny as shite... mario van peebles is representing kwanzaa in this holiday movie...

Kill Bill Vol.2
The Last Samurai
LOTR Return of the King
Shrek 2
Troy
JerryBlunted -yea, I saw that last night, cool as hell. The computer graphics were excellent. I felt like I could kick someones ass after watching that. I might just order that DVD for my nephews.

BTW, I was very dissapointed in Timeline.

A Douglas Adams movie? Ah that's awesome, I didn't know about that! I love the hitchhikers guides...
And I also didn't know about the Alice game being made into a movie...I absolutely love that game...

I'm looking forward to The Rum Diaries and anything Aranofsky...

Morrison's Lament said:
Here's the deal:

Around the time of his death things were really starting to move (I have recently read a book that contains some of his last correspondance salvaged from his laptop). With his death things stalled - but according to the internet rumour mill things have been set in motion irreversably and this movie WILL be made - at least the first one.

It will probably have a fairly hefty budget, a largely British cast, and tons of special effects to recreate the hillarity of the wacky universe.

The bad news? Earliest release date I have heard quoted is 2005 - and that was when they were expected to start shooting this year. It seems unlikely anything will happen untill next year - and in that case we may have to wait untill 2006/7 :(

--- G.

Thanks a lot for the info... I am definately going to get that book sometime soon.

2005, Fuck! I'm going to have to make sure I stay alive for that. :)

I think Rupert from Survivor should play SLOTH in Goonies 2

then I would see it!