• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Led You To IVing Drugs?

Difficult to remember exactly when I first IVed but think I'd had a habit a good 3, maybe 4 years even before I picked up a needle. I'd always said I'd never IV, cos that was proper junkie shit and even as a junkie myself we do like to maintain these little distinctions don't we? 8) Kept a fairly steady habit chasing around a gram a day for a good coupla years but my tolerance was such that I could barely even feel it any more, let alone get anywhere near a nod. I'd be out shoplifting all day to raise the money for the three bags I needed ( and the three for my g/f ) so I could chase up a couple of them a night and have one left for morning, and it was bloody soul-destroying watching my g/f gouching half-way through a bag while there's me blazing my way through over half a gram and feeling totally straight for it so I bought a pack of syringes on the quiet and started shooting from time to time when she wasn't around. First time I put 0.1 or so on a spoon and felt the rush I was done for really, cos Glory Hallelujah the nods were back! Started shooting more and more often, my g/f finding out pretty quickly and from that point I shot all my gear while she continued to smoke hers.

It was about the biggest mistake I made with H. Noone told me that the rediscovered high wouldn't last and that in a coupla months I'd be right back to square one, shooting a coupla bags a night and getting nothing from it again. Barely even felt a rush as it went in after a while unless I was rattling. Reached a point where I'd have to put half a g at a time on the spoon a coupla times a night to really get much of a nod, which was completely unsustainable even when times were good. When we split and I found it hard to make as much money thieving on my own as I had previously with her I was really knackered, cos I could barely even maintain my habit IVing, so no way I could go back to chasing. The last coupla years of my habit I seemed to be almost constantly in withdrawal or on the verge of withdrawal with only ever short periods of relief from it. Such a trap to fall into, so hard to get back out.

Haha! Interesting because what was wrong with my last girlfriend was that she didnt like drugs..

I'm not going to lie to you, my man... it's kind of cool to have a girl like that who's down to grind; but I can't help feeling like a scumbag sometimes, like, I'll think to myself, shit, this was a decision that I made for my own self... how and when did I get you involved in all this shit? Know what I mean? =\

And at the end of the day, I know that it wasn't really me, and I believe that we're all responsible for ourselves and the decisions we make, but still... =\

I was getting my meth from the same dealer my sister used, knowing she Iv's I asked her what the big deal was. After a brief chat I basicaly said I wanted to try it considering how she would sing its praises to me often.

She reluctantly agreed to "help"me and dam if it was'nt the best rush I have ever experienced in my life.. Having said that, I never turned my soul over fully to the needle.. depending what company I kept at the time denoted how I used. A month back I decided to revisit the "pick"with disapointing results.. The meth was stamped on with msm which after the heat was removed, would then completely solidify on the spoon, rendering the product useless.

So in an ironic twist, Its the dealers greed that has kept me away from the pick.. Now I gotta learn how to ease up on the pipe..

I don't IV anymore and never really did it too much when I was any ways. Just started IVing after I was shot up with morphine in the hospital and I love it so much.... I was like that little amount they gave me made me feel that good? Then I was like damn I want to try it outside of here. So yeah was shooting morphine, then hydromorphone and oxymorphone (amaaaaaazing). However my friends shot me up since I shake at times and that was a pain so I didn't want to do it anymore but the main reason is because I loved it too much.... So yeah stopped before it was too late.

I had been using dope for around 4 years when I first shot up. My first several experiences with it had my friend or someone else shooting me up, so there was a period where I was mainly snorting, but would get shot up if the opportunity was there.

Then I started doing it shortly after seeing my friend prep the shot and hit me several times. I still would switch back and forth, but the more and more I've shot the less I've been inclined to sniff. I'll still sniff some here and there, but if anything that's usually just to test the dope out or because I'm feeling sick/crappy and don't have the opportunity to shoot up right away. Sniffing dope gets me a pretty good high, shooting it makes me nod.

I shot up for the first time in a rehab of all places (a nice one too, in Connecticut..). The nurse had accidentally given my roomate his car keys back, so he started going on dope runs, bringing back bundles. Previously I had been snorting for eight months, was put on suboxone, and had been off of that for two weeks.

After a while of watching my roomate shoot up, and him telling me "it's so much better" I said okay-I had always been interested in what it felt like. The first shot he missed, so then he loaded another two bags and mainlined it into me. My legs gave out and I fell back on to my bed, just like in a movie.

Needless to say, one of the other kids who had been doing dope got caught. The whole facility was drug screened, and I was kicked out.

Pure curiosity (and maybe I romanticized it a bit), so I looked up how to do it, got some needles, the rest is history. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone (and would recommend against it), the bioavailability gains are a lie since tolerance goes up so quick, and the appreciation of the ephemeral rush ruins your appreciation of the high (or it did to me, to an extent). But folks who are gonna do it are gonna do it. *shrug*

Last edited:
I IV'd meth for the first time last night and it was....incredible. I've always been against the needle and I've always been proud to say I'd never shot anything but yesterday was a bad day and for some reason I stopped caring and I wanted to do it. A friend of a friend is real good at finding a vein and since I have shitty veins because of hypotension she did it for me. As she was sticking the needle in I asked if it would be like the first high, if the magic would be there, and she said yes. It was better. The first 10 minutes were like nothing I've ever felt before, and for an hour or 2 afterwards I felt like I was on ecstasy. It's been about 18 hours since and I am craving another one. Smoking is not going to be enough anymore. I think I'm in trouble :(

Last edited:
I'd been around a few IV users for a while and for many years, chose not to inject, and was pretty convinced I never would.

However, recently I chose to have a friend inject me with morphine. It was a combination of curiosity, hearing stories of the IV rush being completely different in effect, a small and finite supply of a drug I rarely see with low BA via other routes (morphine), and having someone qualified inject me safely.
Having experienced that I don't think I'll try it again - been there, done that sort of thing. With opiates that is - having heard that IV cocaine is completely different to nasal or smoked, I tried that - and it was. I don't want to do that ever again, but somehow something tells me I might.

It was pretty much curiosity that led me to IV use.

A good friend of mine introduced me to ketamine and I really liked it. I was already active on HR-sites like this one so I knew IM was a generally preferred RoA for consciousness exploration with K and my friend confirmed so. Didn't really think much of "getting addicted" to the needle or anything, but I knew I had a great love for ketamine since my first time sniffing it. Tried 100mg IM for my first time and the injection wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be, while the experience itself blew away any expectations I could have even conceived.

I messed around with IM fairly infrequently for about 6 months after that, mainly with ketamine, though I did IM 2c-e and methylone once... maybe some other things. I eventually got curious of IV but it didn't really seem worth it with k, as I doubted there would be a rush, and the duration would be greatly reduced. I also got really nervous the few times I went to attempt and could never register so it never went anywhere.

After I went to jail, I had to move back in with my mom and step-dad after, which put a huge emotional/mental strain on me, in addition to the fact that I couldn't smoke weed or do any other drugs as openly/frequently as I used to. Then for some fucked up reason I saw IVing as a sort of self-mutilation (I'm pretty depressed and self-destructive, but I don't cut or anything... I just don't really have any regard for my own life) that also got me high!

After I considered all that, I got comfortable with IVing with bk-MDMA and methoxetamine (seperately, lol) and really enjoyed it. It's not the only RoA I use, but I fucking LOOOOOVE watching that plume of blood and then slamming the plunger. Absolutely love it. I always enjoyed using needles, even when I was just IMing as it felt empowering in some fucked-up way, but it's not something that I'm particularly proud of, or feel comfortable admitting to nearly anyone (outside of a few close friends and my brother) because of the ridiculous stigma.

Last edited:
Should preface this by saying I have been off H (and everything else) for 10 years (I mess around with painkillers and sedatives a bit these days but thats it). But what got me into IV'ing was a massive speed habit I had. I was very much into uppers and was sustaining Thursday to Sunday dance clubbing binges by snorting about a gram of speed a day, in addition to popping ecstacy like tic-tacs. I eventually got into IV'ing speed to save money, but after a few months of that I was so f*cking wired all the time I was started to go insane. My housemate at the time mentioned he had the perfect thing to help me come down - loaded up a needle with H and handed it to me. Within a month I was completely uninterested in uppers anymore. I quit speed and pills and lost the next 5 years to a massive heroin habit. Havent and wouldn't ever go back to IV'ing again.

I had been smoking heroin for a couple of years and i never imagined any other ROA, a good friend of mine who was selling coke at the time was shooting up and for some reason i decided i wanted to try it, being a trusted friend i got him to inject me and offcourse i loved the rush and from there on, little by little i went from smoking my drugs to shooting them.

My friend - the one who introduced me to smoking H off of foil - went back to IV after a few months of smoking only. I was very curious and asked her to prep me a shot. From then on I like to try IV everything except pills. Not the best habit but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I've stopped using heroin and other full agonists cause 1 use puts me in w/d for a few days. I like to IV my mxe and bupe.

Completely spur of the moment decision.. i'd seen people IV heroin, coke, and meth before, and my resolve was untested.. "that shit is nasty" "i don't wanna ruin my life" etc

i was drunk, it was 4 AM, I had just met the woman, she had clean rigs, I watched her do a shot and fall back with her eyes rolling in the back of her head in my very own bed.. etc.. i had just done a line of meth but wasn't feeling it right.. I told her "shoot me up!"

She swore up and down she'd never shoot me up because I was over 10 years younger than her and had never shot up anything, but we all know how it goes.. she did a really small shot on me that night, we fucked all night and then the next morning we had come down and she did a huge $20 shot into my arm... i cummed in my pants and have loved it ever since..