• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Led You To IVing Drugs?

Seyer

Bluelight Crew
When I first IVd Heroin I was already about 2-3 months into my 7 months habit. I had always been getting high alone or with a friend. One night he invited me along to go chill with our dealer (he was the dealers friend, I was just a customer). So we go chill with them and as soon as we buy our bags, dealer busts out his rig and prepares cooking a shot for himself. My friend asked dealer to cook him a shot as well, and then I say fuck it "Cook me up one too". Simple curiosity fucked me over right there. I craved the needle each time after that but since I didnt know how to shoot myself up, I stuck to snorting except when I hung out with them again.

I wanted to try heroin IV'd at least a few times before I quit for good. I snorted the majority of the time I was using.

....Simple curiosity fucked me over right there. I craved the needle each time after that but since I didnt know how to shoot myself up, I stuck to snorting except when I hung out with them again.

Really? That's interesting, man. Because for most people, they feel the same way that you do... they fall in love with the needle... but they don't go back to snorting -- they learn to shoot up.

I've never shot anything before, and I haven't really given it too much consideration; there was a time when it took a lot for us to get high, and so when a friend told me that she had a "freshie" she could give me (a clean needle), well, I thought about it for a second...

I just can't bring myself to do it, and it's not because we look down on IV drug users. I guess we just feel like this is the way that we do it, and we're not going to do it any other way.

Tried IM first and then I wanted to know about IV. Nothing or no one in particular "led me to it", I wanted to try it.
I don't really IV anymore, and I'd only IM ketamine.

Thankfully I never tried opiates with a needle. I don't have a needle fixation either, if I had tried opiates via this route that might've been different though.

My parent's were heavy dope users and I started with snorting oxy's and then opana's and then dope. It continued that way for quite some time. I watched many of my friends who used dope get the best rush from shooting, they would sit there and lean their head back and tell me how awesome they felt. I was kind of jealous but didn't care much since I always had the most bags and figured I'd be messed up by the end of the night anyway...

Then a girl friend (not girlfriend, girl that is a friend) of mine who desperately wanted me said she'd shoot me up if I wanted. She even offered me the 3 bags to do it with since I was sick. I told her I didn't care I just needed to get something in me. She tied me off, got it ready in the rig, and then put it in my arm. She just made me push the plunger in.

Felt like an orgasm.

I continued snorting for awhile until I went to the local needle exchange to get needles to sell to my friends that shot up. I sold most of them, but the last 2 or 3 I had I decided I was gonna use myself. Also I might add here, that anything I do my fiance does since she is hooked too and won't let me try something without her. So I decided me and her would both take advantage of having the needles and get high. 5 bag shot for me, and a 2 bagger for her. I was in the clouds. I decided everytime I wanted to get high I would IV, if I was maintaining then I would snort. And it's been that way a few years now, and it keeps me from getting track marks.

Really? That's interesting, man. Because for most people, they feel the same way that you do... they fall in love with the needle... but they don't go back to snorting -- they learn to shoot up.

I've never shot anything before, and I haven't really given it too much consideration; there was a time when it took a lot for us to get high, and so when a friend told me that she had a "freshie" she could give me (a clean needle), well, I thought about it for a second...

I just can't bring myself to do it, and it's not because we look down on IV drug users. I guess we just feel like this is the way that we do it, and we're not going to do it any other way.
Oh trust me, after that time I hung out with them a lot more. Mostly towards the end of my habit. Thats when I learned to IV myself, but it wasnt long before I shot a little too much (while on Xanax), blacked out, and woke up at A DIFFERENT friends house finding out I did another shot there too. That was the last straw for my Heroin use.

Good on ya, dude. Stay away from the needle :)

Also I might add here, that anything I do my fiance does since she is hooked too and won't let me try something without her.

I hate that shit, man; my girlfriend of five years is the same way. If I'm doing it, then she's doing it, and there's no talking her out of it.

I wish my most recent girlfriend had been that way :( We wouldve had some amazing trips together.

I hate that shit, man; my girlfriend of five years is the same way. If I'm doing it, then she's doing it, and there's no talking her out of it.

I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years as well. Although we've known each other for 10 and were friends for the first 5 years as I was still in relationships with men. She is a lesbian; I guess if I had to identify myself with a label, I'd be "bisexual". The dynamics of a male/female relationship are so much different than a female/female one, even though I am the more "femme" one in the relationship. We don't feel the need to one up each other or keep up with each other. Or it could just be our personalities, I don't know. But good on you, verso, for at least taking into consideration that if *you* picked up the needle, your girlfriend would pick up the needle as well. And that would get ugly, real fast.

Codependent relationships, anyone? 8( (I'm talking about myself here.)

My girlfriend was born addicted to heroin, in fact. Her vision is fucked up because of the lifestyle her parents chose to live as well as some other health problems. Her parents both died of AIDS in jail on Riker's Island. It's really fucking sad and I feel so much shame when I use dope around her. But my oxycodone/oxymorphone habit was putting us in the poor house right quick so I chose to go the heroin route, even though it's so fucked up, considering her past. What kind of significant other fucking does the same shit that her girlfriend's parents died doing?

Suffice to say, my girlfriend does *not* like my heroin use at all. She doesn't even like 5/325 Percocet. The most she'd take is codeine in a Tylenol 3 but even then she didn't like the side effects of itching, constipation, etc, all the bullshit we deal with is just not for her. I am so grateful for that. I don't ever want to see her dope sick. She feels like she enables me by coming with me when I cop or introducing me to her old friends (she has beaten alcoholism, in fact. It's actually funny because my mom died of alcoholism... We reap what we sow, don't we?) Financially, we can barely support my habit, let alone 2 habits... We'd be homeless within a few months... I'm positive... Or at the very least broken up.

ANYWAY, back on topic... I flirted with the needle when I was a heavy cocaine user (when I was 17) ... I stole 2 insulin syringes from a diabetic friend (who introduced me to cocaine in the first place) and was going to try shooting cocaine for the first time. Within that same week, I ended up getting arrested at school with the 2 syringes in my fucking bag. I saw that as some sort of divine intervention type shit so I never picked up a needle again. Who knows what would have happened if I did indeed shoot cocaine that first time. Where would I be? Now, when the Doctor has to take blood or whatever, I can't even look and I start trembling and shaking so it takes awhile for me to get my blood work done. Fucking weird.

And that, my friends, is that...

I IV sometimes, but it is not my usual ROA. The last time that I IV'd was over a week ago, and then about a month before that, and then 2 months before that time. I've had some months where I've done it 6 times, and other times I will go 3 months without doing it. This has been the pattern for 4 years, which is when I first did it, so it's not like I'm just getting into it or anything.

What led me to first do it, and why I still sometimes do it, is simply to get high with what I have on me if snorting it won't do the trick. This will happen if either the heroin is a lot weaker then expected, or if I didnt have the money to get enough for a proper high. I have never IV'd the full amount, and the most I have done is 1/2 bag. I always sniff it first, and if I really want to get high and I know it won't happen with the amount I have left, I'll IV a small amount.

I've never allowed to let myself get deep into it. Back in October I IV'd two days in a row, and on day 3 I knew that I was at the crossroads of either giving in to the needle, or going back to snorting. I just thought about it long term. I asked myself what would i gain from switching to IV, and i couldnt come up with good answers to justify it. Most people cite saving money since they can get high off of less when IVing, but everybody i know that IVs needs a lot more to get high from shooting it compared to me sniffing it, and they have to use twice as often since the wothdrawals start so much quicker. So at first you will be shooting half as much, but you end up having to do it 2x as often, which then jacks up your tolerance. Needless to say, I sniffed my bags and never got that close to making the permanent switch to IV since then.

For one thing, I don't like the rush. For another thing, my pattern of use has kept my tolerance reasonably low that IVing is not necessary, and would be too dangerous since getting a potent batch when I'm only using 1-2x a week would easily kill me. I'm fine with sniffing 3 bags to get high, so there is no need to be sticking needles in my arm when I can get high pretty easily from snorting the dope. I also like the longer duration of intranasal heroin vs IV heroin. The few times I IV it I end up waking up in withdrawals, whereas normally they wouldn't start for another 12+ hrs after that if I sniffed it.

I can see the appeal to switch to IVing, but when thinking long term it's not as appealing. I've been there sniffing a few bags just to get a buzz, then watched someone IV a few bags and be nodding out. Instead of giving in though, I took a tolerance break, and the next time I was with that person I was nodding out off of sniffing a few bags, and they caught a light buzz from IVing 4 bags. It's things like that which further confirm that I made the right choice in sticking to sniffing it, and taking tolerance break to get me higher, instead of using the needle to achieve this.

I had been doing opiates for about 4 years at this time, 2-3 times a week. Usually OC80's (oral/snorted/smoked), mscontin 100mg's (oral), and fent patches (smoked). I was in thermodynamics class at college and my dealer, a super junkie as well as a walking pharmacy (dude could get just about any pharma opiate ever) texted me and said "hey come over I have a free surprise for you. come now, I need to be somewhere within the hour."

At the time I knew my dealer shot up his stuff, and I wasn't against it, but I felt like it was something I just fantasied about, not something I would actually do.

I get to his house and he has a palladone 24mg hydromorphone, new shipment his friend in england mailed to him. He pours all the little beads into the spoon and starts cooking/crushing them (palladone beads are by far the hardest things to crush up EVER).

I say "well if you are doing that whole thing, where is my present?"

He says "it's right here, I'm going to give you 8mg of this."

Loads it into a rig, shoots me up, and I was in heaven. But I left his place without the syringe and told myself I would never do that again, just stick to snorting.

He was more into heroin and used the pills he got to supply his dope habit. He had to fly out to visit his parents in virginia and didn't want to risk bringing dope on the plane, so when I went to his house for a couple 24mg dillies, he hands me a sack of dope and a 10 pack of rigs and says "here, I think you will like this better."

That night I sat in my room, stabbing myself what had must of been at least 50 times until I finally registered and felt why life is worth living. Never turned back.

I now realize that his free "present" ended up making him thousands of dollars by turning me into a junkie, but he eventually left town and gave me his dealers numbers, his customers, and his server job at a restaurant, so I ended up even in the long run.

Smoking heroin made me feel too sick. Also my fitness went to shit after a few months with a habit. I struggled to breathe and hated waking up feeling terrible and having to toot till I felt well. That's why I began to IV. Sadly.

curiosity, i have this urge to try everything, even if its just one, the IV got a bit out of hand but it goes in periods, i havn't IV'ed in about 6 weeks i think, i'm sure i'll go on another binge sooner or later but hey, i have the addictive gene

i met a girl in rehab, fell in love, moved in with her.
three weeks later she's on a bus leaving town to continue her addiction to i.v. heroin.

i was broken, bought meth and heroin, and had someone give me a shot.
i wanted to understand what was so powerful that it could make somebody do that...

and boy, did i find out...
still finding out.

it was becoming a serious bother smoking both heroin and crack, i was so strung out i had to do something about it because i wasn't getting high anymore. i was using needle for 6 months before i stopped (went to prison)

Haha! Interesting because what was wrong with my last girlfriend was that she didnt like drugs...

I now realize that his free "present" ended up making him thousands of dollars by turning me into a junkie, but he eventually left town and gave me his dealers numbers, his customers, and his server job at a restaurant, so I ended up even in the long run.

Haha suprise ending.

Last edited:
Purely monetry reasons is why I started to inject.
I was smoking heroin & after a while it got to be a very expensive way to use.
I found that when I first started injecting that one bag would hold me a lot longer than smoking one would. I could inject maybe 2 bags a day instead of smoking 4.
Of course that only worked for so long and before I knew it I was spending even more than I did when I was smoking it.
Injecting took me down a lot quicker than just smoking did and the withdrawals were a lot worse and I was needing to inject 4 or 5 times a day.
In a way I was glad when my veins finally packed up so I had to revert back to smoking my gear.

I wish my most recent girlfriend had been that way :( We wouldve had some amazing trips together.

I have been known to - quite a few times actually - willingly done some very stupid things with drugs (heroic doses etc) as I'm sure wee all have, so I'm glad that none of my other halves have been like that.

A desire to do so.

ohh men, how i'm going to try IVing as soon as I get ahold of some good drugs!

Edit: I have just read a couple of the answers to this post and DAMN, it is a fucked up thing ot do. Peoples just surrenders to the needle, it sounds like almost instant addiction. I still wanna do it though.

Last edited: