• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read this article?

First of all, it is a great read and worth reading for education/entertainment.

But, it is also particularly relevant to this conversation. Multiple high-profile individuals comment in the article that real MDMA is no longer available. The article even goes so far as to call modern Molly a knockoff, and implies it is basically riding on the heels of the former ecstasy scene.

The article also does a great job of painting a picture of just how powerful ecstasy was. This was not a drug that made people sit on a couch in a stupor for 3 hours. It changed culture, music, and people. It ignited epiphanies and radical re-evaluations of reality.

The article also points out that,

If anyone can read this and honestly say that what is being circulated today is the same drug as what is being described in this article, then I would be truly surprised. Ecstasy started movements. It changed people. It was a religious experience. I just do not see that happening on a large scale today.
Trust me, its out there. I had rolled just like this article says between those years. Its just not true.

Id say 2015-now is when the meh-dma REALLY started to be seen on a large scale. As im seeing more and more reports of the meh-dma feelings. Theory: The flawed mdma we have now was starting to be mass produced around that time (09-13), but hadnt fully penetrated a majority of the big makers, and therefore the goods were still found more often than not. Flash foward to today the flawed mdma is now the majority in the market, and now we are here asking these questions.

Last edited:
I would be interested in people posting and stating where they are in a general way, and whether they have access to magic MDMA or not. If they can only find MehDMA, when did the MehDMA first appear? For me, I am in the USA in TX and I have not seen magic MDMA since 2005 or 2006, but I am also not well connected at all and not a part of the EDM scene.

Lots of "old-timers" in this thread reporting that they still have access to magic MDMA, so I know it is out there somewhere.

Quick thoughts:

In Texas I first had MehDMA in 2015-16, and from then until mid 2017 had mostly MehDMA experiences the 10-15 times I used. In Colorado, since mid 2017, I've had MDMA three times, twice the fall of 2017, once this past month as reported. All three were MehDMA, and the product looks so similar I'm tempted to say it could be the same stuff, despite the routes taken to procure it being totally different, and there being a decent amount of time between buys. Since 2015 I've had good MDMA 1-3 times in Texas (mostly bad since 2016), once in Idaho, and if I remember correctly, some stuff that was sourced from up north eg. Michigan or Wisconsin.

I have a theory - that I'm not at all attached to - that good MDMA in the US is either coming from Canada, or being synthesized here - as stated earlier in the thread.

Quick thoughts:

In Texas I first had MehDMA in 2015-16, and from then until mid 2017 had mostly MehDMA experiences the 10-15 times I used. In Colorado, since mid 2017, I've had MDMA three times, twice the fall of 2017, once this past month as reported. All three were MehDMA, and the product looks so similar I'm tempted to say it could be the same stuff, despite the routes taken to procure it being totally different, and there being a decent amount of time between buys. Since 2015 I've had good MDMA 1-3 times in Texas (mostly bad since 2016), once in Idaho, and if I remember correctly, some stuff that was sourced from up north eg. Michigan or Wisconsin.

I have a theory - that I'm not at all attached to - that good MDMA in the US is either coming from Canada, or being synthesized here - as stated earlier in the thread.

There is a rumor of a local source of safrole in north-america. From the distillation of a kind of cedar tree or something like that. I don't know up to which point more information on this could be available, or these kinds of discussions allowed here.

Thanks man really appreciate you thinking of that for me and digging it out.
I didnt see that recent report yet but it matches identically the others I have seen.

That image as well- that is 100% the batch I have. Identical, except their sample hasnt crumbled at all yet like mine have a little.

I was fully confident it had between 200 and 230 ish mg, my plan may still be to take half then the other within 90 minutes if needed, or another 1/4 possibly..

Im 55kg buy should be 67kg minium, going by my frame, organs, bloodstream etc, and of course knowng my body and my ideL weight . So Im not convinced about calculating my dose based on my current weight.

I dont really want to take less than a half. So like 110 mg give or take a few.

From all I have taken in from my recent (and admittedly only ever real) MDMA research, in particular social trends/beliefs/(myths?), I feel most people would tell me 110mg is too high for me after 14 years.

But as the 60's hippie slogan goes- "an underdose is worse than an overdose". I mean, not an actual OD, but I would rather slightly overshoot and have a marginally more intense experience than an underwhelming or just about borderline one.

No purpose otherwise Right?

Anyway- these browsers look absolutely perfect on paper for me to assess. If these seemingly pure, clean, strong, high dose modern Dutch pills fail to provide a magical experience or effect anywhere remeniscent of my past ones, it will reveal a ton to me personally Im sure.

I wont consider loss of magic, burnout, boredom by familiarity etc if the experience is mundane and effects lacking in quality. I loved and fully enjoyed MDMA right up until I stopped 14 years ago. I know for certain I could enjoy the substance as much as ever in the right set and setting, past abuse never took that away from me.

If you thoroughly enjoyed your experience 14 years ago, you will be thoroughly disappointed with todays MDMA. With regards to humans being the issue or loss of magic or tolerance, keep in mind that there is a physical marker present with todays crappy MDMA. That is a lack of dilation of the pupils. If you remember correctly from when you rolled 14 years ago, you will remember that your pupils would dilate the entire width of the eyeball leaving only a microscopic sliver of eyecolor around the outer edge. That does not exist anymore with todays modern MDMA. It’s that simple, if your pupils dont dilate all the way to the outer edge, you are doing bad MDMA. End of story. The comments about how awful modern MDMA is with regards to trip reports coincide with a lack of dilation of pupils. I don’t know why we’re still having this discussion on it possibly being a human problem when there Is a definitive visual marker proving otherwise.

Hooray! The return of @LeJunk!

I am also a bit at a loss for why people keep bringing up tolerance, as there are many reasons why tolerance is not the issue here.

I would bet that if someone went out and bought a bottle of vodka, but they did not get intoxicated after having 4 shots, they would probably think something was wrong with the vodka (and rightly so). Hard to imagine their friends saying, "Oh, it is just your brain" or "It is just that the club is not exciting enough." Certain drugs have certain effects. While there may be variables and a range of intensity, the effect profile should remain basically the same.

If you thoroughly enjoyed your experience 14 years ago, you will be thoroughly disappointed with todays MDMA. With regards to humans being the issue or loss of magic or tolerance, keep in mind that there is a physical marker present with todays crappy MDMA. That is a lack of dilation of the pupils. If you remember correctly from when you rolled 14 years ago, you will remember that your pupils would dilate the entire width of the eyeball leaving only a microscopic sliver of eyecolor around the outer edge. That does not exist anymore with todays modern MDMA. It’s that simple, if your pupils dont dilate all the way to the outer edge, you are doing bad MDMA. End of story. The comments about how awful modern MDMA is with regards to trip reports coincide with a lack of dilation of pupils. I don’t know why we’re still having this discussion on it possibly being a human problem when there Is a definitive visual marker proving otherwise.

Biggest marker for me as well. I notice and experience the same. I used to have WAY bigger pupils. @AutoTripper PLEASE DOCUMENT what your pupils do for us with those bowsers.

Yeah sure man I will definitely check that. Just to say though that I have seen some photos of Reddit-heads rolling with very enlarged pupils recently.

I also found this recent mini roll report on Erowid, where it sounds like an old timer has a quite fulfilling MDMA expereince. I keep an eye out for any interesting accounts anyway in relation to this topic.

@Le Junk -We are not worthy! Lol, thanks for joining us. Yes I understand all of that very clearly. I read this whole thread with interest and took a big lion's share of old skool MDMA from 96 to 05.

Sure thing I remember saucer eyes. God knows how many (millions?) of pills were sold by dealer's advertisment if you get me, defintely thousands at least.

Maybw not such an effective sales tactic today by the sounds of it.

And hey, Im not suggesting it is tolerance or loss of magic. I dont actually believe in loss of magic for myself, I never lost the magic despite heavy longteme overuse.

A little tolerance break may be needed sure but I was always able to enjoy my MDMA fully enough, maybe Im just lucky. I feel that that magic is always there to be tapped into for me, at least it was and I dont see why that would have changed.

You guys have convinced me of this. Im just hoping it isnt quite as widespread and encompassing as it sounds.

You guys have convinced me of this. Im just hoping it isnt quite as widespread and encompassing as it sounds.

Im afraid youre going to find that it is. Its literally everywhere. Just keep an eye on those pupils. Your buzz will directly coincide with those my friend. Best of luck to you and definitely keep us posted.

Im afraid youre going to find that it is. Its literally everywhere.

Theory: The flawed mdma we have now was starting to be mass produced around that time (09-13), but hadnt fully penetrated a majority of the big makers, and therefore the goods were still found more often than not. Flash foward to today the flawed mdma is now the majority in the market, and now we are here asking these questions.

An exact theory on that by myself here. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
It's not just lack of pupil dilation. Its lack of total euphoria. Its lack of breaking through to that headspace where just breathing is almost orgasmic. Its lack of empathy. All in all it's a totally lacking experience. Granted, it can still be enjoyable in an 'im fucked up' kind of way, but its not the same. The reason we know thst it has fuck all to do with tolerance, nostalgia or set and setting is that occasionally we get a batch that brings it all back. I've had it only once in the last 10 years, but I'm not gonna give up looking...

I don’t know if I agree with the pupil dilation but I wasn’t around for the ‘good stuff’ either. I rolled this past weekend and had the massive entire eye pupil dilation described here in regards to the good stuff but have also had the same dilation on MDMA that I would call shitty. The difference with my stuff from this weekend would be the empathy and amazing euphoria though.

As far as location, my personal batch is Dutch. I’ve never gotten anything good locally though and wouldn’t ever trust anything purchased outside the DN tbh. I have had some amazing batches come from Canada though.

Last edited:
It's not just lack of pupil dilation. Its lack of total euphoria. Its lack of breaking through to that headspace where just breathing is almost orgasmic. Its lack of empathy. All in all it's a totally lacking experience. Granted, it can still be enjoyable in an 'im fucked up' kind of way, but its not the same. The reason we know thst it has fuck all to do with tolerance, nostalgia or set and setting is that occasionally we get a batch that brings it all back. I've had it only once in the last 10 years, but I'm not gonna give up looking...

Thats exactly what we are referring to. What you described here, seems to only coincide, at least for me, when your pupils dont dilate fully.

Basically we are saying, the meh-dma wont make your pupils huge, and therefore you know you have meh-dma, and get the experience you describe here.

Thats exactly what we are referring to. What you described here, seems to only coincide, at least for me, when your pupils dont dilate fully.

Basically we are saying, the meh-dma wont make your pupils huge, and therefore you know you have meh-dma, and get the experience you describe here.

True to a point, but the last MagicDMA I had didn't cause massive pupil dilation - it was significant but not excessive. But everything else was there in shitloads...

Interesting discussion guys. You know, back in the day, I always used to be very interested in observing my own pupil dilation on acid, but not so much MDMA for some reason. I mean I don't think I paid it too much attention, reflecting now.

Sure I observed it no doubt. Maybe just got so used to it, nevr checked or thought to notice, or maybe I just couldn't see because I was so off my face lol. MDMA did always used to affect my eyesight, reading and stuff went out the window at moderate doses, just blurriness but I always used weed with MDMA.

So if I can be clear on one thing- very large saucer pupils="good" MDMA..

And Mehdma is ruled out if saucers are fully black?

This will help me, to collect markers to keep watch for, to keep me mindfully distracted and guide my experience.
I have some nerves about it due to my extreme sensitivities. I tried a 5htp capsule 3 weeks ago and had such an adverse reaction I shan't repeat it.

But it doesn't follow that MDMA will be worse, or as bad. I read many years ago, of accounts of cat allergies being cured while the subjects were under the influence of MDMA but I was never able to learn if these effects were permanent in any cases.

Im game to try. I just mean, if I didn't need to think about this factor and other major unusual health complications, I would be 100% free, flexible, confident and optimistic about it. It would have already happened a long time ago.

So Im just trying to get myself right for it, or at least in a better place.
Also, I feel like I need to get the most out of it, it's not like I want to be rolling frequently with sense right? And my situation makes it impossible currently to have any control over each day, night and my condition and experience.

I AM excited though, and increasingly confident about it. I wasn't sure of the method but I think I will swallow, and not plug. I had already decided that but I realise now that this will make it a fairer test for the sake of this discussion vs plugging which I only did a number of times back then.

One possible complication however. I REALLY want to be of service to this discussion, as objectively as possible. A big reason why I want to be as gathered and prepared as I can.

Candyflipping was my favorite always. They made each other better for me in every way. I have been genuinely thinking I may take the MDMA pill 3-4 hours into a trip of some sort (1plsd, ALD or 25, likely 1p though). And likely 150ug.

I think once settled on an acid trip, I would be in the best place to come up on the MDMA. This may not happen at all though, but it would arguably affect the pupil dilation observation. I think I might be leaning away from this ides actually as I type. Ypu guys are a great sounding board lol thanks!

I hope to gather numerous clear markers. I can monitor my heart rate but doesnt always reveal too much. Im sure at least 20 bpm extra, maybe twice that I dont recall.

True to a point, but the last MagicDMA I had didn't cause massive pupil dilation - it was significant but not excessive. But everything else was there in shitloads...

Interesting note here. Ill keep this in mind.

Im about 2ish weeks away from rolling for the first time since sept 2018. This will give me a 9-10 month break. I love this substance way too much to take her on frequent occasion. Will keep you posted! I hope to get absolutely worked. haha

@AutoTripper Heres a list of things to rate on a scale of 1-10 for us on your experience. I notice modern reports on pillreports have sort of fallen out of this practice. Lets bring that back shall we?

@F.U.B.A.R. (please use this at the end of your report)

Euphoria:
Empathy:
Energy:
Eye Wiggles:
Pupil Dilation:
Jaw Clenching:
Body High:

Overall:

Last edited:
Chanced upon some MDMA earlier. Off white fluffy powder. 130mg down the hatch.

MehDMA or MagicDMA?

Watch this space...

Chanced upon some MDMA earlier. Off white fluffy powder. 130mg down the hatch.

MehDMA or MagicDMA?

Watch this space...

When was you last roll? How long have you waited for the threads info? Exciting to watch! Thanks for poppin in.

Edit: Mind taking a quick shot of the product for us? Id love to see it visually to compare with what i believe meh-dma tends to look like. Hurry before you get smacked!!! LOL

edit #2: Got too excited and didnt see the time of post. Guys mid-smacked already. :p

Last roll was a few months ago on some MehDMA

I tried to get a picture, but I couldn't get a decent one. But it's a fluffy white powder with sparkly bits. I've not tested it but it came recommended by someone I trust.

Very smooth with that trippy psilocybin feel that a lot of the stuff is lacking these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.