• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that there just are not USA suppliers with Q-Dance. This is the first one I have seen. They would have had to import it from EU. Maybe that took time?
What's the print on the pills you can find?

Fake yellow-green CBF and white-blue Skype's were made in South America, so it's a big possibility that those pills are fake if you see them in the USA.

What's the print on the pills you can find?

Fake yellow-green CBF and white-blue Skype's were made in South America, so it's a big possibility that those pills are fake if you see them in the USA.

Unfortunately, it is the yellow green CBF, being sold as "Brazucas." Were the Skypes ever Q-Dance, or were they always someone else's press?

As Indigoaura stated, "MDMA is contaminated with an isomer that is a synthesis byproduct" and that is the most sensible theory to me. It also makes sense in explaining the different degrees of "Meh" as there probably are different % of contaminant in different batches.

Nichols states (regarding MBDB) "The alpha-ethyl in the side chain abolishes hallucinogenic activity" (https://erowid.org/chemicals/mbdb/mbdb_info1.shtml).
As MehDMA is effective as a trip killer (only potentially useful effect of MehDMA to me), I guess it is likely that MBDB or something similar with an alpha-ethyl in the side chain is the culprit we need to identify and - if possible - remove.

As meltingpoints differ between MDMA & MBDB, could destilation be a feasible way to remove any suspect MBDB?

What do those of you with chemistry knowledge say?

Maybe the reason the producers don't remove the contaminant is because it is very difficult to do so?

From my reading of that interview he is talking about the lack of any hallucinogenic activity directly caused by MBDB, not attributing it any properties to act as an anti-psychotic and terminate any other hallucinogenic activity.

Q: Would the effects of MBDB class it as an Hallucinogen?

A; No, absolutely not, and even less so than MDMA. MBDB has an ethyl group
attached to the side chain (see below). When you do this to an
hallucinogenic phenethylamine derivative, it completely abolishes its
hallucinogenic activity.

I'll send you a PM as soon as I can or change the settings. I had to change those because I would get random PMs from new users trying to ask me for sources and what-not.

I have samples of both and keeping them around shouldn't be an issue. We test all of them on multiple reagent test kits and have not noted much difference between batches. At best some will just take longer to react but there never seems to be a pattern between Meh and MDMA that we can find. Everything that comes through that isn't bunk/something else always tends to react as MDMA in testing. It is really frustrating.

MehDMA for me feels like a come-up that never breaks through to the magic. I would describe it as cold, underwhelming, and moreish. It reminds me a lot of Mephedrone in many ways but doesn't even feel as good as that. There is no push to do things on MehDMA for me. It feels a bit stoning and I'm content just laying around like I do on opioids. I can see why it would fool a new user because it does feel good just not as good as MDMA is supposed to feel. Even when I take MDMA in a home setting I want to get up and do things. For example I might get lost in a video game with good music, my skills at said game will improve because I'm thinking and reacting faster, I hear notes in the music that I wouldn't normally notice. MehDMA just puts me in a place where I feel fucked up, content, and willing to sit around watching TV for the duration. Now that I'm attempting to describe it I'm having a hard time. :)

One thing I've noticed about MehDMA is the fact that it seems to mimic the effects of dosing MDMA too close together. Unlike most here my tolerance has not been shot from years of use/abuse. I can still count the number of times I've taken MDMA on my two hands (quickly coming up on use 10 in 2 decades). MehDMA after a long break is like taking MDMA a few nights or perhaps a week after having taken it before. MehDMA makes me the feel the same way MDMA did when I attempted to take it for the third time in the span of one month. Basically, I just get a lot of side effects, minimal euphoria, and it all just seems like a waste. It feels different enough from the good MDMA that I know it can't be the same drug though. The sedation really is the main tell for me.

Don't get me wrong. Having taken good MDMA in a home setting multiple times I can tell you it's certainly possible to relax/lay around on it. The difference between Meh and Magic for me is the speed of my mind and the types of things I think about during the peak. On magic MDMA my mind goes really fast and I find myself thinking about all of the people in my life and how much they all love me and I love them. On MehDMA I don't get much of this and it's replaced by thoughts similar to opioids. By that I mean my thoughts seem more focused on myself and not the relationships I've built in my life. I don't think MehDMA could save a marriage.

I was lucky enough that I caught the tail end of the 90s MDMA that all of you seem to rave about. I can attest that there were a lot of magic in those tablets back then. When I came back to MDMA after decades away from it my first encounter was with MehDMA and Mephedrone. Not being one to like speed/cocaine I didn't find too much value in either of those. After some time I found my current source and when I took the first press I knew I'd rediscovered the good old magic. It's like night and day when you compare the two. Having built up a friendship with this source over the years we've both spent a lot of time talking about this problem. No one seems to have an answer for why some batches test clean and give every indication that they're good only to disappoint hundreds of people in one night. The problem has gotten so bad now that I know lots of folks that just refuse to use MDMA any longer. Some just switched to MDA, some just gave up on things all together or moved on to RCs, some probably wouldn't feel good MDMA at all considering how much they've taken in their lives. I think that's why this is so hard to pin down because there are just so many variables.

All I know is that I can feel the difference, everything I take is tested, and my history of use means I shouldn't be dealing with any issues of tolerance. Last year I gifted a press to someone and they called me from a show complaining how the pill did nothing and that I should complain to the source. They later complained to the source themselves. I kept the other pill and took it on vacation. It ended up being one of the strongest rolls I've ever had and that was with a bit of tolerance because I had taken MDMA a month or two before my trip. The pill tested at some 250+mgs which is double my usual dose. It should have blew that guys head off but he abused mints so much over the years that he couldn't feel anything anymore and his body would instantly reject MDMA when he swallowed it most of the time (he'd puke it out within minutes of taking any press or capsule).

I'll send you a PM as well. I'm surprised to hear you have Meh MDA. Perhaps we've just been lucky here and haven't ended up with any MehDA.

This matches my observations of mehDMA exactly. I always take MDMA at home on my own these days, which I'm willing to concede is not the best setting to induce a magic experience - I believe you need a social setting for that to happen. But when I chance upon the good stuff, even my solitary rolls are exhilarating and satisfying. This doesn't happen with the meh. I still enjoy it, but I just don't get 'there' and as you say, it's similar to the tolerance effects when you've had too much of the good stuff.

I am looking through the Erowid database on MBDB, and I have to say, it sounds very much like the MehDMA experience. Here are some quotes:
It's not meh at all.its fukn magical.its better than mdma.mbdb is not responsible for meh.i know this from about 50 experiences.nothing meh about it

Sorry...I just can't stop...

MORE comments on MBDB from Erowid:

All of this is spot on for my experience of MehDMA.

The one thing that does not line up is that people report eye dilation. Maybe the MBDB in my sample is a misidentified similar compound.
It only takes 70mg mbdb to cause severely noticeable eye dilation and a good time

Unfortunately, it is the yellow green CBF, being sold as "Brazucas." Were the Skypes ever Q-Dance, or were they always someone else's press?
Bi-layer Skype's are Q-Dance pills. Here is a list about Q-Dance pills:

Apple/Pink/2007/120mg

Armani/Green//2007/130mg

Puma/Pink/2007/140mg

JamesBond/Pink/2008/130mg

Here came the MDMA drought

Heart/Pink/2009/110mg

VW/Orange/2010/125mg

Q-Dance/Orange/2010/180mg

Here started a new era for the team 

Stars/Pink/2010/130mg

DomPerignon/Green/2010/130mg

LouisVuitton/Gold/2010/140mg

Defqon/Red/2011/160mg

Elephant/Green/2011/140mg

Zelda/Green/2011/140mg

PartyFlock/Purple/2013/200mg

MortalKombat/Red/2013/200mg

Android/Green/2013/200mg

MarioBullits/Yellow/2013/200mg

PartyFlock/Green/2013/200mg

Bitcoins/Yellow/2014/200mg

Androids/Blue/2014/210mg

Until here all pills where round shape, with outpressed logo

ChuppaChups/Red/2014/140mg

First 3D logo, ChuppaChupa, from now all are 3D

WiFi/Orange/2014/220mg

Goldbars/Gold/2014/220mg

Heineken/Green/2014/220mg

Burgerking/Orange/2014/240mg

UPS/Red/2015/220mg

Defqon1/Red/2015/220mg

End of Single Color pill production, from KitKat and on all pills are duo color now

KitKat/Red-White/2016/130mg

Ikea/Blue-Yellow/2016/220mg

Skype/Blue-Whote/2016/220mg

M&M's/Red-Yellow/2017/220mg

iPhoneX/Gold-White/2018/220mg

TechnoGym/Yellow-White/2018/220mg

HarleyDavidson/Red//2018/20mg 2-CB

WiFi/Green-White/2018/220mg

TicTac/Green-White/2019/220mg

Skype/Pink-Purple/2019/220mg

TicTac/3 single colors 1 bag/2019/180mg

Brazucas/Green-Yellow/2019/220mg

Pirelli/Red-Yellow/2020/220mg

MarioMushroom/Green/2020/25mg 2-CB

WiFi/Pink-Orange/2020/220mg

/QUOTE]

As Indigoaura stated, "MDMA is contaminated with an isomer that is a synthesis byproduct" and that is the most sensible theory to me. It also makes sense in explaining the different degrees of "Meh" as there probably are different % of contaminant in different batches.

Nichols states (regarding MBDB) "The alpha-ethyl in the side chain abolishes hallucinogenic activity" (https://erowid.org/chemicals/mbdb/mbdb_info1.shtml).
As MehDMA is effective as a trip killer (only potentially useful effect of MehDMA to me), I guess it is likely that MBDB or something similar with an alpha-ethyl in the side chain is the culprit we need to identify and - if possible - remove.

As meltingpoints differ between MDMA & MBDB, could destilation be a feasible way to remove any suspect MBDB?

What do those of you with chemistry knowledge say?

Maybe the reason the producers don't remove the contaminant is because it is very difficult to do so?
You could seperate mdma from mbdb with distillation but you wouldn't bother. Of those two meh samples that came back with one having mbdb in trace amounts I can't explain but what I can point out is two meh samples and only one had mbdb meaning mbdb cannot be responsible for meh or it would have been in both samples.everyone needs to stop ragging on mbdb.

MBDB or not I can say with certainty Q-Dance has been meh for years! Granted it's probably the best in circulation! It appears to me that the sensitivity to these impurities vary from person to person. Personally the experiences of MDDB fairly accurately explain mine. The more meh it is, the more i puke!

"On magic MDMA my mind goes really fast and I find myself thinking about all of the people in my life and how much they all love me and I love them."

Damn. I think I may finally understand what you're talking about. Funny enough, more recently, I've been kind of surprised that I had not done this....normally I get this really big push to text all my friends that I'm not there in the moment with, about how much I love them and want to be in that same moment together. I thought maybe it was because we combo everything now with a just above threshold dose of a psych....I guess hard to definitively say without removing that variable, but could fit the profile.

Hmmmm.

A post from an old timer over in EADD:

"The tiny hearts and smilies that came before the "manc presses" were actually made in China and imported in the millions then there was a little gap and a lack of large scale MDMA from Holland in 2010,

The first presses from the above named crew were actually Mayan 11s and Supermen both containing Mdma and speed and Caffeine 100/25/25 at the same time another crew also started the 140s which were also to start with a mix of 100mg Mdma and the other 40 was speed or ephedrine before they stuck to 140mg MDMA.

Then came the Smarties, which were done in 2 batches, the first a mix of 7 different batches of Mdma and Mda that had been saved up over 2010. And that was why they were so good, it was also about 15-20mg Mda in each pill. The second batch of Smarties probably only had a mix of 3 or 4 different Mdma batches in them but still 140mg Md content in them.

Then came the legos which weren't as good and contained grey Mdma that was the most common in Europe at the time and made in 2 tonne batches in NL at a time but was in fact a mixture of Pmk from one source and Pmk converted from Safrole by the cook.

The Mario's and luigis are a funny one, Mario was one kind of mdma and luigi a different not as good kind that I think had been through bromo safrole.

The mdma in the luigis was brown and stinky however not very good and didnt last long I was given it to try and my opinion was put it in the luigis and if anyone says anything then you cab always say luigi was never as good as Mario.

It's funny how both the legos and the Mario/luigis changed the look of many pills for years to come with more nintendo and lego related designs than anyone had thought of before.

As for what happened next all I know is for a while it was always 140mg just Mdma and nearly always good quality but this is down to the cook. It did from what I gather go up to 200mg to keep up with the rest of the presses at some point.

Pmk glycidate argument can go on forever but I definitely think even though it converts very easily in to Pmk that the end product regardless of the way the amination is done perhaps is not the same."

Make of that what you will...

Pmk glycidate argument can go on forever
No, it stops at the injector port of the analyzer.
However the argument about the logos embossed on pills can go on forever.

but I definitely think even though it converts very easily in to Pmk that the end product regardless of the way the amination is done perhaps is not the same."
There is no "perhaps" about it. There is no problem with the reductive amination of pure PMK. There problem is with the amidation and epoxide ring-opening of the unpurified glycidate moiety by methylamine, which the recent Lee paper documents.

Last edited:
@draculic acid69 -Not trying to knock MBDB. One thing it said on Erowid was that individual response to the compound was highly variable. From the bulk of user reports to Erowid, however, seems like many people find it underwhelming and sedating. At the very least, many people describe something that sounds very in line with what I have experienced from MehDMA. Maybe the contaminant in my product is not even MBDB at all, but something similar. I don't know. I am just looking at avenues as they present themselves.

MBDB has, in general, effects similar to MDMA. However, it is my impression
that the nature of the effects with MBDB is much more variable. Some
individuals reported that they experienced effects almost identical to MDMA,
while others found the substance even dysphoric. Clearly, on average, the
compound does not produce the degree of euphoria, and feeling good, that is
produced by MDMA.

So for science I tried a qdance (or claimed qdance) last night. 1.25 pills to be exact. Pink and white iPhoneX. Beautiful looking press with clean NL stamp on the back etc.

And the result?.... meh. No surprises there then.

So for science I tried a qdance (or claimed qdance) last night. 1.25 pills to be exact. Pink and white iPhoneX. Beautiful looking press with clean NL stamp on the back etc.

And the result?.... meh. No surprises there then.
Did you take 1.25 pills all at once or was that your total dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.