• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you take 1.25 pills all at once or was that your total dose?
All at once. I assumed it would be meh plus I'm pretty big (muscles and padding :oops: ). What I do find interesting is that when I take a bit more, it doesn't become any less meh but the tail gets slightly visual. I assumed this was mdma metabolising into mda. So that would add more to the idea of an active contaminant spoiling the roll rather than it not being mdma in the first place. Unless the fake mdma metabolised into a fake mda but I feel that's a bit of a stretch.

It really feels like you start coming up (late, and slow ramp) and then something cuts it off.

All at once. I assumed it would be meh plus I'm pretty big (muscles and padding :oops: ). What I do find interesting is that when I take a bit more, it doesn't become any less meh but the tail gets slightly visual. I assumed this was mdma metabolising into mda. So that would add more to the idea of an active contaminant spoiling the roll rather than it not being mdma in the first place. Unless the fake mdma metabolised into a fake mda but I feel that's a bit of a stretch.

It really feels like you start coming up (late, and slow ramp) and then something cuts it off.

Or, it is like the two samples I just sent in, and there is trace MDA in each sample anyway. Perhaps MDA is also a byproduct that is contained in some MehDMA samples.

I agree that MehDMA always feels like you are coming up and approaching the peak, but then it is aborted before it gets there.

Or, it is like the two samples I just sent in, and there is trace MDA in each sample anyway. Perhaps MDA is also a byproduct that is contained in some MehDMA samples.

I agree that MehDMA always feels like you are coming up and approaching the peak, but then it is aborted before it gets there.
Good point. Well I guess it keeps coming back to the need for in depth analysis to work out what is really going on

Talking of which, I got bigger TLC plates but they have a different binder and the system I have been using moved the main spot almost all the way to the top. I need to play with the system again to get proper separation of any other spots. I don't get the publishing of rf values for TLC if there are so many variables that effect it.

So for science I tried a qdance (or claimed qdance) last night. 1.25 pills to be exact. Pink and white iPhoneX. Beautiful looking press with clean NL stamp on the back etc.

And the result?.... meh. No surprises there then.

I looked that one up on pill reports and look at the report. Does it sound like magic or meh?

seph765 (member since February 28, 2017)
Tried this pill the other weekend had a couple of lines of md fairly spaced apart then after another while took half and went from pretty sweet to being mega fucked with eye wiggled and a serious gurn hands down the best pill I've tried ended up not needing the other half competitively as strong probably stronger feeling than the bi-colour Ikeas by the qdance crew as well probably won't get myself any other pill besides these until they disappear or start to be copied
November 28, 2018, 5:02 am GMT

I looked that one up on pill reports and look at the report. Does it sound like magic or meh?

seph765 (member since February 28, 2017)
Tried this pill the other weekend had a couple of lines of md fairly spaced apart then after another while took half and went from pretty sweet to being mega fucked with eye wiggled and a serious gurn hands down the best pill I've tried ended up not needing the other half competitively as strong probably stronger feeling than the bi-colour Ikeas by the qdance crew as well probably won't get myself any other pill besides these until they disappear or start to be copied
November 28, 2018, 5:02 am GMT
Eye wiggles I got, and do get on mehdma, and especially mehda. Gurning too. No word from that post about euphoria. I mean come on, mdma got called ecstasy for a reason. Its the lack of euphoria which is the number one issue I have with this stuff.

I obviously can't speak for person who wrote the report but I get the feeling that, due to lack of experience of the real thing, there is a generation of people coming through that think a pill is amazing if it gets them somewhat wasted and gives odd effects like eye wiggles. So yeah, sounds like a meh report to me.

I think this is partly how this problem has been allowed to grow. Someone asked earlier why would anyone keep taking meh if its so crap. I think its fair to say that meh can be enjoyable. But its at the 2 - 3 out of 10 level, compared to the 9 - 10 level that the old stuff was. If someone hasn't had the 9-10 they assume the 2-3 is 9-10.

I think this is partly how this problem has been allowed to grow. Someone asked earlier why would anyone keep taking meh if its so crap. I think its fair to say that meh can be enjoyable. But its at the 2 - 3 out of 10 level, compared to the 9 - 10 level that the old stuff was. If someone hasn't had the 9-10 they assume the 2-3 is 9-10.

I agree if you look on the reddit mdma sub everyone says almost every batch and every press is fire

I have multiple friends and have known many others who say they love, are super impressed by, etc. batches that are MehDMA. People are idiots, or believe that something is wrong with them (Meh lends itself to that kind of experience anyways IME).

Once again it seems pretty clear that the range of effects and perceived quality that people assign to "mehDMA" is so broad as to be largely useless. ThreePointCircle is finds that eye wiggles (nystagmus) to be a sign of "mehDMA" when others in the thread have identified it as a sign of real "magic MDMA" (that is almost completely absent in "mehDMA").
and gives odd effects like eye wiggles
For me it is the nystagmus that has always been a huge staple of MDMA and that I never got AT ALL on any batches since 2009, even the ones that felt magic in all other ways. In fact that effect was what always what made me confident that what I had was MDMA/MDA since no other drugs produced that as consistently.

Anyone else remember being absolutely unable to read or write a text while peaking because of the double vision ? I haven't had and haven't heard of anyone discussing having that " issue " for years.

One of the major arguments against "mehDMA" being a issue of tolerance or magic loss is that even first time MDMA users given a "meh" dose find the experience disappointing, and can't find pleasurable effects in it. Yet people in the thread are assigning the "meh" label to MDMA that others are clearly enjoying and claiming great effects from.
I have multiple friends and have known many others who say they love, are super impressed by, etc. batches that are MehDMA. People are idiots, or believe that something is wrong with them (Meh lends itself to that kind of experience anyways IME).

This is why I have been trying to get people to categorize exactly what they are getting from "mehDMA" (and what "magic MDMA" means to them).

Once again it seems pretty clear that the range of effects and perceived quality that people assign to "mehDMA" is so broad as to be largely useless. ThreePointCircle is finds that eye wiggles (nystagmus) to be a sign of "mehDMA" when others in the thread have identified it as a sign of real "magic MDMA" (that is almost completely absent in "mehDMA").
Not really. I think the main characteristics have been remarkably consistent. Lack of euphoria plus short duration and feeling that it is being 'cut short'. Meh is meh in the sense that it pales compared to magic, not that it lacks anything that can possibly be valued as enjoyable.

Other effects like the eye wiggles to me are minor and variable. I should say that last night the eye wobbles were far from strong and I know that they can be a pleasurable effect and adds to the wasted feeling.

It is pretty cool when the eye wobbles entrain with a sort of visual editing effect. However, I'm thinking I've only had that intensely when adding or taking just mda. I can't honestly remember exactly though as the euphoria is the main thing that I'm concentrating on for now and making a note of. If I'm right about the mda thing, then higher dose mdma should do it as it metabolising to mda I think.

@Negi

That is what this is supposed to be. I did not have nystagmus on this chart. I have had nystagmus with both Magic and Meh, and I have not had nystagmus with both. I don't personally see it as a characteristic that is specifically associated with either one. It seems more dose dependent to me, as I am more likely to develop it at high doses of either magic or meh.

One thing I found interesting about reading the Erowid MBDB vault, was that many of the users reported MORE intense nystagmus and jaw clenching with MBDB, but without the euphoria and feel good elements of MDMA. We may not be dealing with MBDB, but we may be dealing with something similar. I read that MDDA looks like MBDB to GCMS, so who knows really what we are up against.

IMO, that pill report is just talking about being fucked up, not really talking about any of the characteristic feelings of love, connection, or euphoria that MDMA used to bring about. I wish we could read through the old pill reports database, because people used to talk about all of that.

Also - happy 20 year rolliversary to me today. Wish I had a proper way to celebrate. Although April 23 was the first day I took ecstasy, the pills I took on April 23 were bunk, so I did not actually roll until the second time I took ecstasy which was June 17.

Traditional (magic) MDMASub-par (meh) MDMA
Mydriasis (eye dilation)YesNo
Enhanced tactile sensesYesNo
Enhanced auditory sensesYesNo
Enhanced aesthetic appreciation of musicYesNo
Feelings of euphoriaYesNo
Feelings of empathyYesNo
Pro-social behaviorsYesNo
EnergyYesNo
Feeling sleepyNoYes
Active desire to disengage from social interaction.NoYes
Enhanced erotic activity/making outYesNo
Feelings of loveYesNo
Desire to be stillNoYes
Jaw movement/clenching/grindingYesYes
Profuse Sweating/Feeling HotYesNo
Feeling cold in warm environmentsNoYes
Duration4-6 hours1-3 hours
ComedownTypically, gradualTypically, abrupt

I would like to add this as well, and @ThreePointCircle tell me if you agree:

On "magic" product, the physical side effects like jaw grinding and nystagmus are like icing on a cake. They add to an already full and complete experience. You feel AHMAZING and you LOVE everyone and now everyone is fluttering and that is even more amazing and makes you love them even more!

On "meh" product it is like the physical side effects are running without any of the mental rush/joy/love etc. So, your head feels almost sober, or a negative extension of sober. You are thinking about something like why people get cancer and then your eyes start fluttering and it is just annoying, like, "why is this happening?"

On a recent meh experience I had, I was hanging with friends in a hotel and we were playing stuff on Spotify. When I would go to play a track, the nystagmus would kick in and I could not see well enough to select the right song. It was just something that was in my way and getting in between me and my objective. Irritating.

Which brings me back around to a primary characteristic, for me, which is that a lot of things feel inconvenient or like an interruption on Meh-DMA. You're trying to talk to me? Stop. You want me to get up off the couch? No. I have to walk somewhere? Why? I'm starting to think maybe MehDMA needs its day to shine, by taking it alone with nothing to do and no one to talk to.

looked up pillreport for iphone x q dance pill this time the gold/white one. Report looks magic to me.

After taking a long break from MDMA/XTC consumption, i decided its time for a nice party again.

Bought a few of these beauty's and dropped with a friend on a techno party. Started with half.

The comeup was very quick. Hit me hard with warm shivers all over my body. Felt a overwhelming euphoria, jaw clenching and eye wiggles. Hard to focus at this point, so closed my eyes and njoyed the banging music

After the first hour i dropped the other half. This brought the whole experience to a next peak. I danced without speaking to anyone for about 1,5 hours.

At this point it was like 03:00 am and i felt the urge to talk, my friend got the same vibe. So we discussed deep thoughts and this was a very nice feeling of euphoria and took us to 04:30. Then we rolled up some good weed and smoked outside. The afterglow feeling of mdma was still very present in a good way.

I would like to add this as well, and @ThreePointCircle tell me if you agree:

On "magic" product, the physical side effects like jaw grinding and nystagmus are like icing on a cake. They add to an already full and complete experience. You feel AHMAZING and you LOVE everyone and now everyone is fluttering and that is even more amazing and makes you love them even more!

On "meh" product it is like the physical side effects are running without any of the mental rush/joy/love etc. So, your head feels almost sober, or a negative extension of sober. You are thinking about something like why people get cancer and then your eyes start fluttering and it is just annoying, like, "why is this happening?"

On a recent meh experience I had, I was hanging with friends in a hotel and we were playing stuff on Spotify. When I would go to play a track, the nystagmus would kick in and I could not see well enough to select the right song. It was just something that was in my way and getting in between me and my objective. Irritating.

Which brings me back around to a primary characteristic, for me, which is that a lot of things feel inconvenient or like an interruption on Meh-DMA. You're trying to talk to me? Stop. You want me to get up off the couch? No. I have to walk somewhere? Why? I'm starting to think maybe MehDMA needs its day to shine, by taking it alone with nothing to do and no one to talk to.
Yes to all of this! It's really is refreshing to hear you say these things. There's subtleties in your description which resonate very well with my experience.

It's been a long time since I had the magic in the 90s (because of a break). Back then, I didn't do it many times but I would describe the euphoria as having the intensity of being exploded and crushed at the same time, but pure pleasure. Also had a strange sensation that I was really light and being lifted up by something. The love drug, or hug drug, element to it plus the euphoria creates this context within which everything is amazing and engaging. Meh can definitely lead to feelings of annoyance and irritation by contrast.

looked up pillreport for iphone x q dance pill this time the gold/white one. Report looks magic to me.
Agreed, that does look more compelling. I'm wondering if Q-Dance a) exist as an actual team rather than a brand that gets hijacked, and b) make their own stuff or simply press stuff they've sourced. If the latter, the presses would be meh with the occasional random bit of magic. I dunno, just a thought.

I find the Q-Dance debate to be a bit pointless here. As several posters more familiar with the brand have stated, there are identical copy-cat pills. I could go right now and try to get some yellow/green "Brazuca" pills, but I would have no way of knowing if they were REAL Q-dance or not. Apparently, even the small NL stamp can be copied. So, if I get them and they are "meh" it does not really answer anything about "real" Q-Dance pills, because I don't know if that is what I had or not.

Also, I asked this before, but are all Q-Dance pills made at the same location and then shipped around the world, or do they have different pressers in different countries? What are they pressing? Is it all the same MDMA, or does the MDMA get made in each region? How many chemists are involved in the manufacture of the MDMA? Are some more skilled than others?

There are a lot of questions. It may very well be that some Q-Dance pills are reliably magic, but there have been just as many people in this thread saying they had Q-Dance pills that were meh. So, either there is variation between bi-layer pills presenting themselves as Q-Dance, or some people find them magical and some people find them meh but they are the exact same pills. But, we have no way of knowing whether people are eating the same Q-Dance pills or not.

@popsweat That second report sounds like magic to me.

The pill report comments are not optimized for long expressive thoughts. Reddit is a place where that can happen, despite what some members seem to think of it. I searched for "first time" on the /r/MDMA subreddit and sorted by new to get some recent reports. Some excerpts follow (links mangled so bluelight doesn't keep embedding the entire reddit posts).

About 1-1,5 hours after popping the first half of the pill I started to feel this deep comfort and my whole body felt heavy. I had a feeling that I was in a right place at the right time but I didn't really know what the hype was about. I was expecting so much more from this substance so I contacted the guy who sold me the drugs and he said I should redose. (I know I was stupid for not researching the drug before using it but I really had a deathwish) So I bombed the redose and oh boy it hit hard after just 15 minutes of the redose I started to feel this hype and bursts of happiness in my body. I was so happy so incredibly happy. I was also super curious I felt like a newborn baby basically observing everything and trying everything as a new thing. I also loved everything and everyone in that room I was in. Hugs felt like my heart would melt together with the person I was hugging with. I felt like I was truly myself for the first time since childhood. I didn't have any anxiety of others judging me. I felt like I looked good and I was having fun socializing with everyone. After like 2 hours the comedown started to happen. I just felt exhausted but grateful. I was just so happy that I got to experience that.
https://old.reddit[dot]com/r/MDMA/comments/gybssx/my_experience_with_mdma/

How i would describe my experience?

Very good, i didn't feel any of my problems and i loved everyone and everything, i had some weed left which felt really good along the XTC and i remember my whole body was just so tight, my jaw was popping out of my face it felt like, even took a picture of it without me knowing and i was laughing so hard, i also stood under a roof window for about 2 hours with my favourite music, and the wind blowing onto me, i was sweating really hard though but it felt so good, i just kept gliding my hand over the wall and was staring into the sky because i swear it was moving, did that for 2 hours, sat on the couch and smoked another joint, and i enjoyed myself throughout the night, it made me realize that pot really should not be considered a drug , for real.
https://www.reddit[dot]com/r/MDMA/comments/hb0c8s/first_time_mdma_trip_report/

After the vomiting I hit my normal stages of Molly

-Come up

-I LOVE YOU STAGE

-Kiss me through the phone stage

-Dance until no tomorrow stage

-Oh shit It wore off stage
https://www.reddit[dot]com/r/MDMA/comments/h89fye/first_rave_back/

9:40 pm: I dropped about 100mg to start, and as I was sitting nervously for it to kick in, it was as if all the lights in the room just grew as bright as our senses could imagine in an instant and my eyes started wiggling crazy, this passed after 20 seconds and once I realized it was kicking in I had the most warmest feeling of euphoria rush through me.

I was like literally groaning in pleasure while I cuddled this girl for a good two hours lmao. Anyways it literally felt so good that my uneducated friends who were scared to try it with me , now wanted in.

So of course I didn’t let them. You don’t just take drugs bc you see someone else doing it ykno? No urge to educate themselves or learn so I wouldn’t let them. Anyways back to it, I sat with a girl who I’m barely friends with, and had the most calm, collected, nice conversation with her. Words were so smooth and staring into someone’s eyes who’s insecure and won’t look into your eyes for more than a second can really tell you a lot about them.

12 am: I took my booster dose as a wave of sadness came over me that the feeling was going away, which was a little above 50mg.

I sat so attentive , interested, no judgement, no worries, it was the most pure bliss I have ever felt in my whole entire life. I had a really rough shroom trip which caused me to quit smoking weed (needed to anyways) and it left me as a really anxious and overthinking person, most because I didn’t respect the mushroom during the trip. It taught me a lot though, but this MDMA just washed it all away. So amazing.
https://www.reddit[dot]com/r/MDMA/comments/h9smf0/first_mdma_experience/

So it's not just "everyone on reddit loves everything", if you read the reports most people are getting the desired effects.

I have no beef with reddit at all. I don't doubt there is plenty of good MDMA circling the world, and it is nice to read the reports of people who are clearly experiencing what they are supposed to experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.