• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn haven't been on Bluelight for ages (have been a lurker back in my (drug) experimental period), but I am surprised there's a topic about this matter.

I have been thinking about this theory myself for years, but honestly I just gave up and thought I just f*cked up my receptors.

I'm based in the Netherlands and have PLENTY of experience with MDMA and other substances, most of them from years back.

Basically some years back I just got tired of MDMA cause of the different effects compared to the years before.

I have been very lucky to live in a country with good acces to MDMA and I have had so many, many (good) experiences with 'magic', but unfortunately also with 'meh'.

I do also think there's something different and will be following this topic from now on with great interest.

Recently I've done MDMA again but unfortunately again the underwhelming (meh) effects for me and my friends.

Damn I miss those days with the happy, euphoric rolls, and I can confirm all the differences stated in this topic between 'magic' and 'meh' in terms of effects.

Again, following with much interest and curious about the outcomes!

[edit] To contribute a bit better to this topic, the biggest differences in my opinion:

- Shorter duration
- Higher dose needed
- More urge to re-dose
- Less euphoric / no 'love' feeling
- Less stimulating, even easy to fall asleep on/after words
- No eye wobbling
- More spacing in your own world, instead of want to be in contact with everyone around you
- Less talkative

And so on, all same as stated in his topic.

Funny thing is, even though slightly offtopic, after more and more underwhelming experiences, I found a new 'love' in 4-MMC, abut unfortunately the exact same thing happend to this substance.

The differences in effects for this substance are comparable, but a bit more easy to categorize, referring to pre-ban and post-ban 4-MMC.

I've not read back all the replies but has the 'changing' of this substance been mentioned as wel in this topic?

Like I said, very similar change in effects over the years, could there be some sort of synergy in that?

[/edit]

Last edited:
I highly respect you Sekio but I have to disagree.. Mdp2p-ol very likely has effects when you look at other analogous compounds. We also have multiple bioassays with product containing either of those two intermediates which show a lack of the positive effects.

Also I hate saying it but based on your other assessments of different substances that you may not have the best discernment between compounds. In another post you claim dihydroheroin is the same as heroin when both my experience with close dihydro analogs as well as others Ive talked with who’ve tried the actual compound speaks differently. (Even the research states morphine can be discerned from dihydromorphine by subjects during their studies.) Again I don’t wanna start anything but I believe some people can feel the subtleties better than others.

Do you remember how much Mdp2p-ol you had in your product back then?

-GC
@indigoaura

Hey you guys! I've been gone forever but I came back with LeJunk to see what ya'll found! Perseverance! @Gchem I just ran across this rather long and slow podcast that made me think of you and your love for Shulgin. I think you'll like it. It is a history surprise about the making of MDMA. Let's see if I can link it

http://drugpositive.org/meet-the-first-person-in-the-world-to-take-mdma-that-we-know-of.

Hope you guys are doing well! I also randomly looked for safrole on amazon (remember I was always staunchly saying this was the issue). It claims to sell it, but I don't know...I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. I'm about to go look up what kind of genetic polymorphisms I have in my oxytocin receptors.

Believe me, I have asked myself this & I am open to this being my reality. That is why I also pursue approaches like NAC or BPC157 in the event that the issue is ME.

However, here are the reasons I question this logic (for me personally).

1. 2000-2005 when I had a consistent supplier, I had no issues. Despite the fact that the bulk of my use was during this time frame, I did not experience any major loss of quality to the experience.

2. Immediately when the supplier changed, the experience changed. Rolling went from being one thing, to being something completely different.

3. I had one supplier of MehDMA from 2005 until the point that I started participating in this thread. I am not plugged in to any "scene," and had very limited options. One of the samples provided to Vash was of this product.

4. Everything I have tried recently has also been tested by other people, and we all share the same analysis of the product. For example, we agree that that the most recent product I tried is about halfway between meh and magic.

So, while I absolutely recognize it could be tolerance/damage with me, I also do not think I have had the best supply. I would be more convinced my issue was ME if I could try some product that was magic to another experienced user. But, until I see someone else experiencing magic while I experience meh, I remain skeptical. So far, everything I have found to be "meh" has been "meh" to others as well.
@indigoaura - I posted a podcast somewhere in this recent thread. Listen to it, even though it is slow. You'll be interested to learn something about Shulgin and his experience of MDMA

Damn haven't been on Bluelight for ages (have been a lurker back in my (drug) experimental period), but I am surprised there's a topic about this matter.

I have been thinking about this theory myself for years, but honestly I just gave up and thought I just f*cked up my receptors.

I'm based in the Netherlands and have PLENTY of experience with MDMA and other substances, most of them from years back.

Basically some years back I just got tired of MDMA cause of the different effects compared to the years before.

I have been very lucky to live in a country with good acces to MDMA and I have had so many, many (good) experiences with 'magic', but unfortunately also with 'meh'.

I do also think there's something different and will be following this topic from now on with great interest.

Recently I've done MDMA again but unfortunately again the underwhelming (meh) effects for me and my friends.

Damn I miss those days with the happy, euphoric rolls, and I can confirm all the differences stated in this topic between 'magic' and 'meh' in terms of effects.

[edit] To contribute a bit better to this topic, the biggest differences in my opinion:

- Shorter duration
- Higher dose needed
- More urge to re-dose
- No eye wobbling
- More spacing in your own world, instead of want to be in contact with everyone around you
- Less talkative

Funny thing is, even though slightly offtopic, after more and more underwhelming experiences, I found a new 'love' in 4-MMC, abut unfortunately the exact same thing happend to this substance.

The differences in effects for this substance are comparable, but a bit more easy to categorize, referring to pre-ban and post-ban 4-MMC.

I've not read back all the replies but has the 'changing' of this substance been mentioned as wel in this topic?

Like I said, very similar change in effects over the years, could there be some sort of synergy in that?

[/edit]

Very very interesting point about being able to fall asleep. The meh stuff I remember falling asleep 2-3 hours later.. no magic would EVER allow that, not even 6 hours honestly.

- Shorter duration
- Higher dose needed
- More urge to re-dose
- No eye wobbling
- Less talkative

[/edit]
DUDE I was just gonna mention 4-mmc. Luckily it is SUPER SUPER to make.... It's precursors are like unrelated and it's about as easy to make as meth

@indigoaura

Hey you guys! I've been gone forever but I came back with LeJunk to see what ya'll found! Perseverance! @Gchem I just ran across this rather long and slow podcast that made me think of you and your love for Shulgin. I think you'll like it. It is a history surprise about the making of MDMA. Let's see if I can link it

http://drugpositive.org/meet-the-first-person-in-the-world-to-take-mdma-that-we-know-of.

Hope you guys are doing well! I also randomly looked for safrole on amazon (remember I was always staunchly saying this was the issue). It claims to sell it, but I don't know...I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. I'm about to go look up what kind of genetic polymorphisms I have in my oxytocin receptors.

Most safrole on EBAY/etsy is fake. Really safrole PENETRATES a room. it's SUPER heady. ANYWAYS if you read the reports I found safrole confirmed by HPLC and NMR cosy TOSY etc.... And my meh was made from it and this is what was tested of mine via NMR. Effectively ending the safrole vs glyciate debate. No need to purchase safrole trust me it is a DEAD END ;). Pissed me off to high hell also

Last edited:
Very very interesting point about being able to fall asleep. The meh stuff I remember falling asleep 2-3 hours later.. no magic would EVER allow that, not even 6 hours honestly.

exactly, same experience her from multiple people, very strange indeed..

On magic I could go on for hours and mostly was unable to sleep after 6+ hours, IF I could sleep at all to be honest..

DUDE I was just gonna mention 4-mmc. Luckily it is SUPER SUPER to make.... It's precursors are like unrelated and it's about as easy to make as meth

Haha really, how funny is that :)

Good Mephedrone maybe even beats MDMA for me, maybe though, I enjoy both very much.

But only the MAGIC for both or course.

Do you agree there is a likewise difference in effects with pre and post ban Mephedrone compared with MDMA?

The Mephedrone these days is lacking the happy,rushy and eye wobbling feeling effect also, and many people agree with that..

I was not aware 4-MMC is that easy to make, but how are your experiences with those batches, pre or post ban effects?

Yea I don't think this is a precursor issue. It's a synthesis route issue, IMO.

Re: sleeping after MDMA. On MagicDMA the absolute earliest I can sleep is 8hrs after dosing - I'm sensitive to stimulation - but it's usually no earlier than 9.5-10hrs that I go to sleep. On MehDMA, I can sleep 3-4hrs after dosing.

exactly, same experience her from multiple people, very strange indeed..

On magic I could go on for hours and mostly was unable to sleep after 6+ hours, IF I could sleep at all to be honest..

Haha really, how funny is that :)

Good Mephedrone maybe even beats MDMA for me, maybe though, I enjoy both very much.

But only the MAGIC for both or course.

Do you agree there is a likewise difference in effects with pre and post ban Mephedrone compared with MDMA?

The Mephedrone these days is lacking the happy,rushy and eye wobbling feeling effect also, and many people agree with that..

I was not aware 4-MMC is that easy to make, but how are your experiences with those batches, pre or post ban effects?
Never done Mephedrone. Pre or post ban sorry.

Im more intrested in Mephedrone... but with a 4 hydroxyl intead of 4-methyl ;) it's called 4-hydroxy-methcathinone

Its precourser is 100% unregulated and avaiable almost anywhere. It's a simple otc oxidation nothing special needed.

Of course bluelight rules prevent me from talking about more in discussion about the synethsis or about this compound. But i'm told not milder than the Mephedron/Methcathinone Mess where you cant focus and look coked up to the gills,a bit longer in duration , stronger entactogen effects more mdma Vibes as in music is heavnly and feelings of love and peace ,at the same time more amphetamine like focus ,you can hyperfocus if you want to ,wont have 100 voices in your head each with a different mood and request

notably heavy on the body

It is probably eaiser to make than meth or mephadrone tbh.

Last edited:
Question for the chemically inclined and educated...

Are there any possible purification methods of MDMA such as an acetone wash on cocaine? Is there anything that can be done to possibly change meh to magic.

I have meh..and basically no desire to use it. Is there anything I can do to purify it? Like I said it hits purple marquis so it is MDMA...

Have you had MDMA you felt was magic since you started coming across MehDMA?

I only ask since now that this magic stuff is plentiful among my social circle, I do have friends that this stuff still doesn't work for. MDMA stopped working for them a while ago and no matter how much they take of this stuff its still just "shrug" for them. They end up taking multiple doses and snorting bumps of it all night like its nothing, they're having a good time, but speaking to them they say its not much of a special experience ever anymore regardless of which MDMA they take and are always chasing it. Not saying this is your case, but this feels like proof to me that just because its good shit doesn't mean one can't have ruined MDMA for themselves at some point in the past... Again, same stuff that 100mg gives me flashbacks to 10 years ago taking my first pressed pill at the peak.

I was around probably ~20 people who took varying doses of this MDMA this weekend, I can say for 100% certain it works as intended. But when the part of the crew that overdid it on the MDMA at some point, the ones who always need a way bigger dose than everyone else and don't roll often cause they say it doesn't work for them anymore, still aren't satisfied or impressed, I'm forced to believe the MDMA itself isn't the only factor in anyone's poor reactions to it.

Afterglow is still going strong today, slept like 13 hours last night. Interestingly enough, an embarrassing health condition that come up this last month that a possible cause was stress, started going away yesterday. Like big time going away, almost gone entirely. I was scheduled for a short medical procedure for it this week, to nip it in the bud, but they told me it wouldn't be necessary if I see signs of improvement and they can confirm upon examination. Just if it gets worse, I'd need surgery. Will update on wednesday after the exam. Couldn't be completely unrelated, but thought worth mentioning.
Yes, I had what would qualify as MagicDma a few times since Mehdma has appeared. I just call it normal mdma. It is certainly not a tolerance/overuse/loss of magic issue because I never came close to abusing that drug. I take it a few times a year and even went 3 years straight without touching it because I also thought the problem came from me and not the drug even if it made no sense at all. Made no sense that the effects changed so suddenly, overnight to be a tolerance thing which is normally a more of a gradual change in experience.

Are there any possible purification methods of MDMA such as an acetone wash on cocaine? Is there anything that can be done to possibly change meh to magic.

I have meh..and basically no desire to use it. Is there anything I can do to purify it? Like I said it hits purple marquis so it is MDMA...
Toss it Into the garbage bin xd

if you read a few pages back we talk about running a column and it may have fixed it. Im still waiting on my friend to send a sample of it...

Last edited:
- Shorter duration
- Higher dose needed
- More urge to re-dose
- No eye wobbling
- Less talkative

I agree with all of this. I would also add lack of tactile enhancement and music enhancement to the list. I agree with the people commenting on how easy it is to sleep afterwards. For me, it goes beyond just being able to sleep afterwards and is also an issue of feeling like taking a nap in the middle of the experience. I seriously just want to lay down under a blanket and be left alone. The hypnagogic state can be interesting on MehDMA, I will give it that.

what is a colcumn
Column chromatography is the ideal method of chromatography for purification and separation. It is a technique in which the stationary phase is solid adsorbents like silica gel and activated alumina powder and the mobile phase is a liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.