• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DEFINITELY Meh sample that went to the NMR-lite came back as containing MDP2P: Reposting those results for reference, "Brown" being the stuff that ~30 people were disappointed by including myself in a single night, "Colourless" being the stuff that I had 2 nights later that felt like my first time rolling (and more), same 100mg dose for me both nights.

"1) Brown
qNMR: 85% MDMA
MDP2P present in GC-MS analysis

2) Colourless
qNMR: 91% MDMA
No other compounds present"

Looks like we've got solid leads on both hypotheses!! very exciting times. Want to thank everyone who is sharing their knowledge/resources of chemistry for this cause, I really don't know jackshit about any of it, but its incredibly fascinating

It could be both things, leftover precursor might be indicative of structural isomers being present in the MDMA portions of the samples. If, leftover precursor = sloppy synth, and the other paper said, sloppy synth = structural isomers, sounds like a shady trio that would hang out together...

Last edited:
What is "lazy" acetone wash and crystallization might not be enough... a Column makes sense but you would have to know the containment to make it easier.
i just been lazy in the general attention to detail while weighing everything out to the extact demical calucated as per the molar ratios required. I was like this in undergrad chemistry. Very important to have a very accurate balance when doing things.

i just been lazy in the general attention to detail while weighing everything out to the extact demical calucated as per the molar ratios required. I was like this in undergrad chemistry. Very important to have a very accurate balance when doing things.

Seems like temp varations are the issue in this batch, molar ratio was calculated within 10mg... For scales sake

I noticed that as well @G_Chem. Do you think 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanol could have similar results? That is the contaminant found in my sample.

Most definitely, that research article only plays with 12 different impurities when there’s hundreds of potentials. The fact they found two highly active ones out of 12 gives me the impression there’s plenty more out there.

-GC

Hummm. Mdp2p glyciate is the ester carbonyl group no? If these carbonyl impurities are they key it could make sense why we have sooooo much meh now. Because any little impurities causes the carbonyl impurities which makes sense why we see it more now in pmk glyciate batches or a raise or uptick in generals. In fact mdp2p is a carbonyl.. so that makes 100% what is lining up with just plain old mdp2p causing meh.

What do we know about carbonyl group effecting MDMA receptors?

Last edited:
Hummm. Mdp2p glyciate is the ester carbonyl group no? If these carbonyl impurities are they key it could make sense why we have sooooo much meh now. Because any little impurities causes the carbonyl impurities which makes sense why we see it more now in pmk glyciate batches or a raise or uptick in generals. In fact mdp2p is a carbonyl.. so that makes 100% what is lining up with just plain old mdp2p causing meh.

What do we know about carbonyl group effecting MDMA receptors?
Not a whole alot of information out there expect that study looking at the effects on the receptors. Not something that would attract funding aswell. Maybe try find a way to contact the papers author with questions?

Not a whole alot of information out there expect that study looking at the effects on the receptors. Not something that would attract funding aswell. Maybe try find a way to contact the papers author with questions?

Actually there's A whole lot. We know the most common are 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 .SO it's how do carbonyl effect vs amine vs amide vs... at 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 in general.. not just mdma...

Also...

MDMA acts primarily as a presynaptic releasing agent of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, which arises from its activity at trace amine-associated receptor 1 (TAAR1) and vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2).[12][89][90][91] MDMA is also a monoamine transporter substrate (i.e., a substrate for DAT, NET, and SERT), so it enters monoamine neurons via these neuronal membrane transport proteins;[89] by acting as a monoamine transporter substrate, MDMA produces competitive reuptake inhibition at the neuronal membrane transporters (i.e., it competes with endogenous monoamines for reuptake).[89][92] MDMA inhibits both vesicular monoamine transporters (VMATs), the second of which (VMAT2) is highly expressed within monoamine neurons at vesicular membranes.[90] Once inside a monoamine neuron, MDMA acts as a VMAT2 inhibitor and a TAAR1 agonist.[90][91]

Inhibition of VMAT2 by MDMA results in increased concentrations of the associated neurotransmitter (serotonin, norepinephrine, or dopamine) in the cytosol of a monoamine neuron.[90][93] Activation of TAAR1 by MDMA triggers protein kinase A and protein kinase C signaling events which then phosphorylates the associated monoamine transporters – DAT, NET, or SERT – of the neuron.[89][91] In turn, these phosphorylated monoamine transporters either reverse transport direction – i.e., move neurotransmitters from the cytosol to the synaptic cleft – or withdraw into the neuron, respectively producing neurotransmitter efflux and noncompetitive reuptake inhibition at the neuronal membrane transporters.[89][90] The actions increase the synaptic concentrations of monoamine neurotransmitters.[94] MDMA has ten times more affinity for uptake at serotonin transporters compared to dopamine and norepinephrine transporters and consequently has mainly serotonergic effects.[95]:1080

In summary, MDMA enters monoamine neurons by acting as a monoamine transporter substrate.[89] MDMA activity at VMAT2 moves neurotransmitters out from synaptic vesicles and into the cytosol;[90] MDMA activity at TAAR1 moves neurotransmitters out of the cytosol and into the synaptic cleft.[89][90][91]

MDMA also has weak agonist activity at postsynaptic serotonin receptors 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptors, and its more efficacious metabolite MDA likely augments this action.[96][97][98][99] Cortisol, prolactin, and oxytocin quantities in serum are increased by MDMA.[3]

MDMA is a ligand at both sigma receptor subtypes, though its efficacies at the receptors have not yet been elucidated

The question is how do these receptors above effect with carbonyl... your not thinking how I am ;)

Last edited:
My DEFINITELY Meh sample that went to the NMR-lite came back as containing MDP2P: Reposting those results for reference, "Brown" being the stuff that ~30 people were disappointed by including myself in a single night, "Colourless" being the stuff that I had 2 nights later that felt like my first time rolling (and more), same 100mg dose for me both nights.

"1) Brown
qNMR: 85% MDMA
MDP2P present in GC-MS analysis

2) Colourless
qNMR: 91% MDMA
No other compounds present"

Looks like we've got solid leads on both hypotheses!! very exciting times. Want to thank everyone who is sharing their knowledge/resources of chemistry for this cause, I really don't know jackshit about any of it, but its incredibly fascinating

It could be both things, leftover precursor might be indicative of structural isomers being present in the MDMA portions of the samples. If, leftover precursor = sloppy synth, and the other paper said, sloppy synth = structural isomers, sounds like an shady trio that would hang out together...
Interesting....So the MDP2P has something to do with the high? It interacts with MDMA in such way that it makes the HIGH shitty? mhmmm

Interesting....So the MDP2P has something to do with the high? It interacts with MDMA in such way that it makes the HIGH shitty? mhmmm

No NOT JUST MDP2P. We got H-C(=O)-N in a recent batch which looks like the images encased in red on page 160... which is not a ketone..

(someone please correct me if i'm wrong my chemistry is very shitty and I hardly follow this thread chemistry speaking wise TBH) thoiu i've been the main contributor the past few weeks

Last edited:
No NOT JUST MDP2P. We got H-C(=O)-N in a recent batch which looks like the images encased in red on page 160...
dang, y don't they just make mdma the old school way again uu. Safrole all the wayyyyyyyyyy.

dang, y don't they just make mdma the old school way again uu. Safrole all the wayyyyyyyyyy.

READ MY NMR AND MALDI REPORT this is a small lab made with safrole BROTHER. safrole tested by NMR and TLC and alike every which way brother ;) It's not the precursor man... It's an impurity during synthesis... forming synthesis. COOH most likely forming the double bonded oxygen and forming a carbonyl impurity

Last edited:
READ MY NMR AND MALDI REPORT this is a small lab made with safrole BROTHER. I provided the safrole tested by NMR and TLC and alike every which way brother ;) It's not the precourser man...
I'm a bit lazy to read the whole report, can u summarize in a few lines what's wrong with the MDMA these days? or what's ur hypothesis?

Is that even difficult to clean up from a batch? or people making MDMA these days are just lazy fkers.
Doesn't seem easy to clean. Needs a column at least, acetone wash and crystallization wont fix it. We dont know how easy a column will clean it we are trying to find out the impurity in this specific batch in the next week We need @vecktor to finish his report (no rush)t to help this will help a lot... We are running a TLC in the next few days to see how easy it is to separate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.