• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I just want to clearly understand what this testing is revealing. Is there any MDMA in the sample at all, or is it ALL a botched product? Is the issue a contaminant or is the issue that the "MDMA" is messed up?

I believe it's all botched product but tests as MDMA acetone wash doesn't seem to clear the product.. not sure about a column

mdp2p still leftover in the product which is probably most of it while still having some mdma. It means the reaction failed and you have very little mdma which explains why you would of needed 400 mg + in the product to feel anything and why it still reacts to reagant testing,. This is why recrystalzlion is important in reactions to get only the product to crash out.

@vecktor @vash445 So, is _H_C(O)-N in N-formyl the unidentified compound that is masquerading as MDMA in this sample, or it is just one component of the unidentified compound?
I will look at this properly when I get the time, I can assign almost all the peaks in the spectrum, it looks like 2 compounds in a mixture, but I can't say for certain without crosschecking.
please be patient.whilst this is quite a fascinating puzzle I also have a day job.

V

It means you have mdp2p still leftover in the product which is probably most of it while still having some mdma. It means the reaction failed and you have very little mdma which explains why you would of needed 400 mg + in the product to feel anything and why it still reacts to reagant testing,
no there are no suitable protons in MDP2P

mdp2p still leftover in the product which is probably most of it while still having some mdma. It means the reaction failed and you have very little mdma which explains why you would of needed 400 mg + in the product to feel anything and why it still reacts to reagant testing,. This is why recrystalzlion is important in reactions to get only the product to crash out.

I def felt product at 150.. i got Bruxism clech at that ammount... So i def felt something at lower doses

This article would be interesting to read http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/314/1/346
Pharmacological Characterization of Ecstasy Synthesis Byproducts with Recombinant Human Monoamine Transporters

if you know somebody with a college proxy free acesss to read.
That easy scihub should have it with the DOI...

Whoa whoa whoa...

@TripSitterNZ I just read the abstract for the article you posted. If I am reading the abstract correctly, it seems to confirm that some synthesis byproducts inhibit MDMA. Mentions a similar synthesis byproduct to the one found in my MehDMA sample that I sent into E Data.

"Two of the eight compounds, 1,3-bis (3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanamine (12) and N-formyl-1,3-bis (3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-prop-2-yl-amine (13) had uptake inhibitory potencies with IC50 values in the low micromolar range similar to MDMA."

"12 and 13 inhibited release induced by MDMA, and the concentration dependence of this effect correlated with their uptake inhibitory potency at the various transporters."

My sample: https://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=2644

Blocking Action of Compounds 12 and 13 on MDMAInduced Release. If added 4 min before MDMA to the superfusion buffer, 12 and 13 concentration-dependently suppressed the release induced by 3 M MDMA in NET-, SERT-, and DAT-expressing cells (Figs. 7 and 8). Compound 12 (100 M) suppressed MDMA-induced release mediated by the DAT to levels slightly beneath basal efflux (Figs. 7C and 8C). The potency of 13 in its inhibitory action on MDMAinduced release was in agreement with its potency in uptake inhibition experiments: 13 suppressed MDMA-induced release mediated by the SERT more potently than NET-mediated release, whereas MDMA-induced release mediated by the DAT was only weakly inhibited in concentrations up to 100 M (Fig. 8C)
(350).

Note that those two compounds come from the Leuckart reaction which was most often used in the 90’s. Those impurities aren’t likely to be found today.

***UPDATE AS OF March 12 2020. Disregard the user/troll Vash445 in future posts and do NOT send him money.***

-GC

Last edited:
other unknown impurties could be suppressing the action as to what these are a mystery but this study has confirmed that some by products can inhibit the action which thus gives a logical reason for what is going on. These mass productions would have decent amounts of impurities present with other inhibiting actions giving people various weaker forms of mdma and maybe why they dose pills with alot to try counter balance the inhibiton. Pretty much money and greed has taken over the production and lazy synthesis gives the meh product.

Note that those two compounds come from the Leuckart reaction which was most often used in the 90’s. Those impurities aren’t likely to be found today.

-GC
+

Yes and no @indigoaura and GC .... See what @vecktor wrote? about my wacker AL/HG MDMA...
H-C(=O)-N means (hydrogen single bonded to carbon, carbon and oxygen double bonded, oxygen and nitrogen single bonded).... see the pattern? There is only so much I can discern where to place it on the tail thou if it's making sense.

See those molecules @TripSitterNZ accidentally posted. I spy with my little eye H-C(=O)-N bonded on those tails.. it might not be BONDED 100% how I think but man does it give me a MUCH better idea how it's structed.... But I mean the way I see that bond as he wrote it.. look? This "MDMA that was NMR tested" came from a MEOH benz wacker, AL/HG... but look similar H-C(=O)-N who knew I think we really are onto something ;)

H-C(=O)-N.png

Last edited:
Really exciting watching how this thread unfolds since the beginning. The team effort of many smart brains coming together with creativity and out of the box thinking is really impressive. Keep up the good work guys !

It's funny because as ludicrous as the whole '' MDMA changed'' thing could look initially, I think I have rarely seen so much consensus in a forum discussion ever.

other unknown impurties could be suppressing the action as to what these are a mystery but this study has confirmed that some by products can inhibit the action which thus gives a logical reason for what is going on. These mass productions would have decent amounts of impurities present with other inhibiting actions giving people various weaker forms of mdma and maybe why they dose pills with alot to try counter balance the inhibiton. Pretty much money and greed has taken over the production and lazy synthesis gives the meh product.

What is "lazy" acetone wash and crystallization might not be enough... a Column makes sense but you would have to know the containment to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.