• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
This thread isn't about availability, it's about what is the worst drug to have a withdrawal syndrome from.
I moderate this subforum, you dont think I know what each threads topic is for?

Maybe next time you wont take a quote out of context 8)
Seriously? Why isn't GHB/GBL up on this list with benzos and alcohol? It inhibits the GABA receptors just like benzos and alcohol and most that have done both will say GHB is the worst, mainly because it's very short-acting. I hear GHB withdrawal is like alprazolam but more intense.

Because G isnt as available as benzos and alcohol...

never been through it, but i was wondering - alpha-1 adrenergic drugs? ie clonidine xylazine etc? ive heard some REALLY terrible things about the wds.

I moderate this subforum, you dont think I know what each threads topic is for?

Maybe next time you wont take a quote out of context 8)

Wasn't really paying attention to your 'moderator status', was just responding the same way I would have to any other person. Yes, I imagine you
know what each thread's topic is about.

Anyways, since you felt to need to talk about 'availability', I felt the need to mention that is not really what the thread is about.

It's a moot point really. Get over it man.

all gabaergics are fucking nightmares to withdraw from. GHB is worse than benzos at first but the WD fades quicker so deciding which one is worse is kind of like wading through a sewer and deciding which lump of shit is more revolting.

BARBITURATES!!! ..They are the absolute worst (& i've gone through precipitated withdrawal from methadone when taking buprenorphine too early... legitimately obtained.. i just took it too early)

Withdrawal from anywhere from 1500mg-4000mg of butalbital is absolute mother-fucking HELL. Seriously. I'd rather go through double diamorphine withdrawal than what i experienced (2-3 bundles per day)... it's definitely worse than benzodiazepine withdrawal, too. It manifests obsessive-compulsive & hypersensitive-delusions/hallucinations (orr perhaps paranoid schizophrenia type symptoms, along w/ delusions!); these withdrawals were experienced from butalbital within only 24-36 hours; way bevor convulsions occurred.

(I am one of the RARE individuals who enjoy butalbital...)

Heroin overall ,because they are ways to more comfortably taper off benzodiazepines (Lyrica, Nuerontin, diazepam, phenobarbital, and oxazepam). Suboxone isn't a comfortable taper unless you dose real Kratom correctly, got mad lope, low-dose tramadol, mad benzodiazepines (then have to taper those), or low-dose codeine. Methadone is a disturbingly bad WD so I've hear, nightmare-ish. Ibogaine is a mind-fuck of intensity, yet beauty and freedom from addiction without question, but from what I've read via Trip Reports, idk If I could handle it without a guide or at least an abundance of diazepam or clonazepam. Oxy detox from heroin is a joke you can LOL aboout. Straight kratom taper could be comfortable though, might I say.

I absolutely disagree. There is absolutely no comfortable way to taper off of GABAergics.. it is MUCH longer & tedious than opioid withdrawal. As i've said, i moved from methadone to buprenorphine & put myself into precipitated withdrawal (& have been on buprenorphine ever since)... it was pretty fucking shitty; & prior to that, i had experienced withdrawal from oxycodone, heroin, & fentanyl (~30mg/day): they're all nowhere NEAR as bad as GABAergic w/d. & a taper is virtually impossible.

Maybe everyone is different, but, from what i've heard from everyone else? It is pretty horrible.. I'd think there's a reason withdrawal from GABAergics can kill you & there's a reason why opioidergics can't.

Heroin overall ,because they are ways to more comfortably taper off benzodiazepines (Lyrica, Nuerontin, diazepam, phenobarbital, and oxazepam). Suboxone isn't a comfortable taper unless you dose real Kratom correctly, got mad lope, low-dose tramadol, mad benzodiazepines (then have to taper those), or low-dose codeine.

Huh? You talked about how buprenorphine (suboxone) is bad to taper off of & how methadone is bad. but yet, you say that you can "comfortably" taper off GABAergic-benzodiazepines.. by.. uhh.. doing the EXACT SAME THING as getting onto buprenorphine or methadone? Moving to a longer acting drug that acts on the same receptors (i.e., phenobarbital, diazepam, etc w/ GABAergics). Moving to kratom, tramadol (both of which one must have a very small habit, btw), methadone, or buprenorphine is merely putting off the inevitable.

& actually, if buprenorphine is tapered intelligently; there is little discomfort. ESPECIALLY compared to GABAergics; which, if you're not increasing (assuming you take it daily)? You're basically feeling shitty, w/ anxiogenic effects at the least. Not so w/ buprenorphine. Tolerance (in my experience) doesn't really have much affect, since well, it doesn't do much in the first place. So i'm not "chasing" anything, i just feel "stabilized".

What do i mean by an intelligent taper? Well, most people, fucking drug-peddling doctors included, say to reduce "by a pill or so".. COMPLETELY incorrect. To be "comfortable".. reduce your intake/dosage by 10%... as reducing by ABSOLUTE amounts will be relative: b/c of course reducing by 1mg w/ a 20mg tolerance (10% reduction) is COMPLETELY different than reducing by 1mg w/ a 2mg tolerance (50% reduction). Then, once you get to, or near, the introductory dosage (0.125mg-0.2mg/day).. start slowly spacing out dosages by 6-12 hour intervals until one can dose comfortably once every 3.5-5 days. This is tedious, but, the most comfortable way to go about things.

GABAergics, barbiturates especially? Much more tedious & lengthy to do so even remotely comfortably.

I was too sick to kill myself

I was on methadone (90mg daily) for over three years. During that time I was getting 500 klonopin shipped to me monthly. I was eating so many that I am still ashamed of myself.
people from the clinic found out I was getting them and constantly harassed me for pills. I always said no because I didn't want to get kicked off the clinic. One day there was a gicloakrl who was withdrawling really bad so I gave her a couple. I was seen giving them to her by some jealous fuck who went and told the clinic that I was selling Bezos to clients. they gave me a seven day taper and a week later the withdrawal hit me like a ton of bricks.
I went online to order more clonazepam from my source and his website was gone! At that point I was in stage four opiate withdrawal and beginning a benzodiazepine abstinence syndrome from an u ungodly amount of klonopin. there isn't words to describe what I went through. it just got worse daily. I was able to getaroundan hour a day of sleep because of the chloral hydrate I had. I ran out of chloral and at that point I was withdrawling so terribly that I couldn't get myself to leave my room to get a refill, or to do anything else. after two weeks of severe diarrhea, vomiting, and psychosis I called 911 and was rushed to the emergency room where I was treated with phenobarb for seizures, catapres for opioid withdrawal, and iv fluids for the severe dehydration. They said that I was so dehydrated that I nearly died. after that I went to detox twice, and the symptoms just kept getting worse. thisiswhen I first became convinced that many doctors are momorons. I was treated with catapres and small doses of librium and suffered from two seizures.
three months went by and the withdrawal was still running strong. I did some reading about dxm and how it could possibly break addictions. Well, I had my first dxm trip and while I was tripping, I felt no withdrawal. it would come back after the trip but with less intensity. around this time suboxone came onto the market and I received an rx for it. that combo saved my life although I've never felt the same again. Over a decade later I still don't feel normal and daily I am prescribed 16mg buprenorphine, 4mg clonazepam and some neurontin and baclofen just so I could function.
IF you ever decide to get on methadone, I suggest you change your mind also don't recommend doing Bezosbenzodiazepine unless you have a dr rx because having to find crappy xanax everyday on the street is a nightmare. I think I have post traumatic stress disorder from what they put me through. Sorry this was so long but I was just hoping to reach someone before they make the same mistake. I don't imagine any other disease or disorder could be more horrific. Good luck friends!
@sp0r412

I have gone through Fentanyl, alcohol and Lyrica withdrawal. Fentanyl was agonizing for the first 48 hours, then got quickly easy. Alcohol was torture for about a week. Lyrica, however is the worst. Crippling exhaustion combined with insomnia, depression, anxiety, nausea, shaking, chills, sweating, crying jags, body aches, suicidal thoughts, stabbing stomach pain, headache...I could go on and on, and I know it sounds like every other withdrawal. The bad thing about lyrica is that these symptoms don't lessen or go away with time. Three weeks after going cold turkey and my symptoms were as bad or worse than when they began. I went on a slow taper, and it took me six months to finally get off Lyrica. Avoid this medication at all costs...nothing is worth going through that misery!

I dread the day i don't get any more klonopins. I am on them daily, luckily it's a low dose but you guys are scaring the hell out of me.

Klonopin withdrawal ssuuuuuuuccccckkkkks. I never want to have to go through that shit ever again. Lying on my couch, twitching uncontrollably, unable to even lift a glass of water without spilling it cause of the shakes. The terror, anxiety, and depression. The intense dysphoria. The suicidal thoughts. THE SEIZURES.

and it lasts soooooooooooo long. I didn't feel quite right until months later.

ugh ive just got myself hooked on xanax in the past few
months...just experienced mild wd symptoms but luckily i still had a few on me....the rage, the twitching, the dysphoria, the unrealness, the uneasiness...what have i got myself into...

Nows the time to start tapering, imo, before it gets worse ^

Klonopin withdrawal ssuuuuuuuccccckkkkks. I never want to have to go through that shit ever again. Lying on my couch, twitching uncontrollably, unable to even lift a glass of water without spilling it cause of the shakes. The terror, anxiety, and depression. The intense dysphoria. The suicidal thoughts. THE SEIZURES.

and it lasts soooooooooooo long. I didn't feel quite right until months later.
From what dose did you cut your self off.
If i were to go from .5mg to zero would i seize? Or is that a good enough taper? I'm scared :(
I've been on them for 4 months and i usually don't dose more than 1.5mg tops, most days is .5mg