• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Benzos. Followed by alcohol. Closely followed by amphetamines.

This is just from what drugs I've been fortunate enough to get heavily addicted to. Nicotine and Vyvanse at the same time has been a real blast. That's what I'm working on now. Mainly feeling lots of tiredness and depression\apathy.

Last edited:
Pain wise....opiates for sure. But right now...fuck....I'm on like day 2 of no speed....fuck my life man. I can't fucking do anything. Most I've been able to do today is drive up to the corner store a few hours ago to buy some booze. I can't fucking....function. How the fuck do you people manage to live? Jesus.

Food, sleep and benzos (if acquirable) is the best cure for amphetamine comedowns/withdrawals. Amphetamine WD is definitely the easiest one to manage.

I experienced benzodiazepine withdrawal last February,it was horrific.I went cold turkey after being on xanax for only a month,but i had strong symptoms,including seizures.After the acute phase subsided i continued to have seizures and my psychiatrist sent me to a neurologist,and after various EEGs,that showed epileptiform abnormalities,the doctor concluded that my withdrawal symptoms were so bad because i have a very low seizure threshold (we are currently deciding whether to start treatment with AEDs or wait and see how the thing evolves).

The worst symptoms were,aside from seizures,the extreme anxiety,dissociation and hypervigilance (almost to the edge of paranoia) and also misperceptions and pseudo-hallucinations,static objects seemed to move and breath and there were creepy shadows and figures in my peripheral vision.

I don't have experience with opiates but benzo's withdrawal fuck really bad with your mind.

I tell you what drug has the worst withdrawal symptoms , FKIN AH-7921. NEVER take this drug in long term you gonna get your self into serious trouble. Trust me.

Looking at them poll who thinks herion is harder than methadone other than a herion addict thats never kicked methadone?

32 mg of bupe.. ouch, man sometimes it think a taper just keeps you sick longer.. but in this case I dont think you have a choice.. good god why are you on 32 mg?

Do you think it would be better in the long term to stop bupe cold?

Hopefully kicking Bupe will be a cakewalk compared to those 3.

I couldn't get off suboxone - so I was able to convince my pain doc to transition me back to oxy. It was a hard sell. That transition was fucking hellish. 100mg oxy --> 4mg sub for two months, tried to taper and failed. then went back to 100mg oxy and it was weeks of hell. I dunno if it's too late - but don't stay on subs for more than four weeks. there's a controversial thread around that talks about going back to your D.O.C. for a couple of months then stopping. Worked for me.

benzos and alcohol are the worst, for the simple fact that you can actually DIE from withdrawal. this might be true of G drugs as well but im unsure.

Coming of mdones and kpins at the same time phucking sucked!! No sleep for 2 straight weeks!! I was in straight hell!!couldn't take it any more so I got some mdones and was still kicking off the kpins so I scored some of those lol. Had to have both to feel normal. I am no longer hooked on benzos though!! Now opiates is a whole nother story. Can't seem to get off the opees :/ I still do take benzos but not everyday.

My Xanax withdrawals were HORRIBLE. I was suffering through them in rehab, and there was another girl who came in at the same time as me, she had the heroin withdrawals. My withdrawals were 10x worse than hers and she felt sorry for me!!! I'm not trying to say withdrawing from opiates isn't horrible, I've taken enough pain pills in my life to know it's wicked hard to stop, but BENZOS are the devil. Never again. I was SO ANXIOUS that it was hell on earth to live inside my head with all the stuff that I was thinking...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. To say nothing of the physical effects. I had to take Flexeril or I wouldn't be able to sit still. And it took me SIX MONTHS before I was finally completely "normal" again. I still have anxiety problems, but I will NEVER take another benzo drug as long as I live.

Been on methadone for ten years.....tried to quit...thought I was gonna die......back on the clinic.......I also quit klonopin after using for five years....I did taper though and it wasn't to bad......also kicked oxys.....nothing and I mean nothing is close to methadone withdrawls........looks like I'm gonna be a lifer......hmmm oh well.

Personally I have been doing opiates for quite sometime around 4 years mostly 30mg roxies and 10mg percs, although i do not always have the money for them because the price of roxies are ridiculous and i have to take to many percs to actually get a good feeling...i take methadone (very easy for me to acquire for free) intermittently because i dont want to get sick i just recently started using H sniffing i never have used a needle in my life... i also smoke meth occasionally and i have to say the worst of all of these withdrawal wise is the methadone i cant even describe how much worse it is physically than other opiods ive taken ever...mentally not so much because i get no high with methadone which is why i only use it if i have absolutely nothing else just to keep from getting sick n to be able to function....i must say tho the worst mental withdrawal would have to be from oxycodone or heroin...

I also quit klonopin after using for five years....I did taper though.

I got off Klonopin after 5 years as well. I tapered from 3mgs to 1.5. Then out of nowhere, I was offered a really good job. One of the requirements was that I couldn't have that script. So I dropped right off.
There's a level of mental discomfort with benzo WD that really exceeds anything I've experienced with opiate WD. I've had some fuckin doozie opiate WD's, too.
I would never want to drop off a benzo again. Although I'd love to have that script back.....

i love how oxycodone is not on the first glance list. lets me pretend da withdrawals aren't bad.

Benzos still has its rightful first place. Tramadol is also shitty, then it's oxy for me.
Glad I haven't experienced it in a long time by now. Last time was in march or april earlier this year.