• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is 'the nod'?

I do heroin and tramadol sometimes. And oxy. But mostly bupre since its the most common opioid in Finland. Sadly.

I normally take 1.6mg when I do this. Took more for the nod this time.

Aaah cheers my finnish friend! I've heard bupe is a big thing there (reindeer spotting?). Great black metal there too! ;)

Keeping tolerance and bupe doses low, one can effectively get a nice effect here and there. It's a very limiting drug some times though, but when it does hit, it's one of my favorites. I use to prefer it to heroin at one point, but after 5 years of daily use, i'll take brown over bupe any day! haha

Its too big thing here. Costs a fucking shit ton on the streets. I get for half the price on dark web.

Bupre is weird. It relaxes my adhd too and shit. Fucks up my sleep if I take the dose too late but whatever.

Its too big thing here. Costs a fucking shit ton on the streets. I get for half the price on dark web.

Bupre is weird. It relaxes my adhd too and shit. Fucks up my sleep if I take the dose too late but whatever.

Bupe is definitely a weird one. Its effects are unpredictable. Most days it's just makes me feel functional and normal and usually a little tired/drowsy. Some days it will perk me up and I'll wanna go out and get things done. And then some days it gets me that warm comfy blanket effect that I can feel behind my eyes and makes me wanna relax and listen to music. What effect i'm gonna get each day is a coin toss though really. ;) Never a true nod though.

Suppose I've derailed this thread enough, but enjoy the conversation. Cheers!

Aah well good luck today man! If you can, update me how it goes! I'm curious if I should even bother with the remaining sulfate I have or just trash it.

Gotta say I was disappointed by tianeptine on its own. I'm assuming the issue is just rapid tolerance buildup, since I so often read of people getting into doses of grams a day, but I hadn't done any strong opiates for months before the weekend just gone and already tianeptine is feeling very weak.

That said it does seem to work well as a potentiator for other opis. If I take it at the same time as DHC for example I will get stronger effects than from DHC alone.

I also noticed when I took low doses alongside oxy on the weekend I got very strong dreamy nods.

Again I would not expect this to last a long time due to rapid tolerance, however instead of throwing your tianeptine away take it in moderate doses alongside other opiates and you should feel a nice synergy.

Also interesting is apparently tianeptine will cancel out the respiratory depression from morphine when taken together. I'm not sure how conclusive this is, I think it's just this one study on rats so don't take it as gospel, but if this is indeed a property of tianeptine in humans it may very well be a harm reduction tool.

went to pick up my script of subutex yesterday and no stock. Like none at any of the local chain pharmacies that my script is at. Now they need to order from Pretoria, which is gonna take a week. Of all the meds, this one they had to be out of supply and weird as there is always a surplus. My pharmacy knows to keep me stock as i pick up every 2 weeks, so someone made a booboo. If only if we had a pharma street suppliers
Numbnuts.

Sorry off topic

went to pick up my script of subutex yesterday and no stock. Like none at any of the local chain pharmacies that my script is at. Now they need to order from Pretoria, which is gonna take a week. Of all the meds, this one they had to be out of supply and weird as there is always a surplus. My pharmacy knows to keep me stock as i pick up every 2 weeks, so someone made a booboo. If only if we had a pharma street suppliers
Numbnuts.

Sorry off topic

Hope you have some stocked up, a week without your subs CT is rough, that's just really bad to do to a patient.

Hope you have some stocked up, a week without your subs CT is rough, that's just really bad to do to a patient.
i still have 5x 2mg Subs that will last me as i dont use them everyday, only as needed. Just weird they out of stock and out of stock in all the chain shops. But i will make it. Thanks

Sidenote: I did score 5 tbs 15mg Midazolam. So some good news

Aaah that's very much why. I too am a daily buprenorphine user. Buprenorphine rarely gives me a nod and when it does, it's more of just a general urge of wanting to lay down and close my eyes and if unable, I get irritated. Is this the only opioid you're accustomed to?

The nods really come from the heavier sedating opiates, like morphine, heroin & the like. Some opioids like Tramadol & Buprenorphine have stimulating components. I've heard oxycodone can as well. But after the initial stimulating period, comes to sedating period. Back when my tolerance was almost non-existent, I could achieve nods on good size doses of Tramadol and Buprenorphine as well, but those days are long gone.

If you have any sort of tolerance, buprenorphine will most likely never provide a true 'nod' unfortunately. :\ But not impossible, especially combined with other downers. But then I wouldn't classify that as a 'true opioid nod', but that's just semantics I suppose. :p
Morphine AND diacetilmorphine are the ones that produce the true opiate nos.

Aaah cheers my finnish friend! I've heard bupe is a big thing there (reindeer spotting?). Great black metal there too! ;)

Keeping tolerance and bupe doses low, one can effectively get a nice effect here and there. It's a very limiting drug some times though, but when it does hit, it's one of my favorites. I use to prefer it to heroin at one point, but after 5 years of daily use, i'll take brown over bupe any day! haha
Lol, I've watched reindeer spotting a couple times AND Jani can be seen nodding from bupre In the film.

Morphine AND diacetilmorphine are the ones that produce the true opiate nos.

Well that is what I said pretty much. lol And I agree. Although technically you could get a nod from things like hydromorphone and fentanyl, although it's not a classic nod for the latter. Fentanyl nods feel very cold and clinical and lack a lot of the euphoria and dreaminess that H gives.

I use to get nods from tramadol when I had no tolerance. The nod always took place about 3 hours into it, which is when i would assume most of it would have been converted to O-desmethyltramadol. Was not able to replicate this once moving onto heroin, fent and bupe tho.

Last edited:
Lol, I've watched reindeer spotting a couple times AND Jani can be seen nodding from bupre In the film.

Yes, yes he can. I have no idea what to think about that movie. I mean those kids were shooting enormous doses of buprenorphine. And in my experience, the higher you dose, the less likely to get anything recreational out of it. So I wonder if the scene with him nodding is out of pure show or ignorance or perhaps he really did catch a nod from bupe. I've had nods from bupe when my tolerance was low to it, but they were never enjoyable like heroin nods.

Finnish junkies always ALWAYS combo benzos with them. He must have had too high tolerance for nodding at that point.

Good point. They were shooting enormous doses of bupe in that film. I surprised they felt anything recreational from those heroic doses at all. :p :p Anything over 8-12mg does almost nothing for me.