• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is 'the nod'?

I was pondering this last night when I took some opiates on the tail end of an MDMA comedown and started proper nodding because my tolerance was nice and low, was a pleasant surprise. Ended up having a little chat about the nature of the nod with my mate while we were both in the same situation.

I see the nod as like a conscious dream experience. The phrase "pipe dream" after all originates from smoking opium. It's like you're nodding in and out of a waking dream. Especially since on a proper good nod you will get mild closed eye visuals going on too.

This combined with the overall body and head high from being on a strong dose of opiates creates the end nod experience.

The nod...warm, loving hugs from the inside by the sexiest, freakiest, nastiest, most sexually charged woman of your fantasy combined with the feelings that everything is just perfect along with a constant, neverending orgasm...multiply that by around 100...then you're kinda close.

I was pondering this last night when I took some opiates on the tail end of an MDMA comedown and started proper nodding because my tolerance was nice and low, was a pleasant surprise. Ended up having a little chat about the nature of the nod with my mate while we were both in the same situation.

I see the nod as like a conscious dream experience. The phrase "pipe dream" after all originates from smoking opium. It's like you're nodding in and out of a waking dream. Especially since on a proper good nod you will get mild closed eye visuals going on too.

This combined with the overall body and head high from being on a strong dose of opiates creates the end nod experience.
i love when i take a break from opis too, my tolerance is low and i nod off a low dose. SUBLIMEEEE

i love when i take a break from opis too, my tolerance is low and i nod off a low dose. SUBLIMEEEE

Literally nodded from 20mg oxy, 20mg tianeptine, and 240mg DHC. That used to be the kind of doses I'd take in the morning just to stay well until lunch time lmao. I was actually surprised I even felt 20mg oxy at all let alone nodded off it.

Of course I know how this game works and if I were to do oxy daily again my tolerance would jump right back up to where it was in just a few days. But I thankfully feel no urge to go back to that at all. Happy to keep it rationed out by a mate for comedowns and that's it.

Literally nodded from 20mg oxy, 20mg tianeptine, and 240mg DHC. That used to be the kind of doses I'd take in the morning just to stay well until lunch time lmao. I was actually surprised I even felt 20mg oxy at all let alone nodded off it.

Of course I know how this game works and if I were to do oxy daily again my tolerance would jump right back up to where it was in just a few days. But I thankfully feel no urge to go back to that at all. Happy to keep it rationed out by a mate for comedowns and that's it.
lol i know that feeling. Although, I used to shoot 100mg of morphine IV all at once. That would hold me for at least 24hrs. At the endof my 2 YEARS bender at the 18 hr mark i would start sweating profusely and i would my shot real bad. Nasty thing addiction is. Right now i can get high from 40mg. Not where i want to be but At least is 40% from whati used to do and it's been 4 days since i did any opis and i feel fine.

lol i know that feeling. Although, I used to shoot 100mg of morphine IV all at once. That would hold me for at least 24hrs. At the endof my 2 YEARS bender at the 18 hr mark i would start sweating profusely and i would my shot real bad. Nasty thing addiction is. Right now i can get high from 40mg. Not where i want to be but At least is 40% from whati used to do and it's been 4 days since i did any opis and i feel fine.

Oh I used to do around 300mg oxy a day and then go to work, this is why I was fucking amazed 20mg did anything to me. I seriously wasn't expecting it. Then again I've not done any opiate stronger than DHC for 7 months so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised haha.

Mostly just happy I didn't feel tempted back to the oxy. Quite the opposite was glad to not be so strung out all the time. Felt good during my comedown and the next morning but I realised just how fucked up I used to be when I was doing that to myself all the time. I don't miss it at all.

Thing with opiates is once you get a tolerance you begin hitting diminishing returns very quick, and especially with oxy I just noticed with a tolerance all I was doing is taking them to stop myself withdrawing. Didn't even get high by the end of it. Made it easy to quit though.

Oh I used to do around 300mg oxy a day and then go to work, this is why I was fucking amazed 20mg did anything to me. I seriously wasn't expecting it. Then again I've not done any opiate stronger than DHC for 7 months so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised haha.

Mostly just happy I didn't feel tempted back to the oxy. Quite the opposite was glad to not be so strung out all the time. Felt good during my comedown and the next morning but I realised just how fucked up I used to be when I was doing that to myself all the time. I don't miss it at all.

Thing with opiates is once you get a tolerance you begin hitting diminishing returns very quick, and especially with oxy I just noticed with a tolerance all I was doing is taking them to stop myself withdrawing. Didn't even get high by the end of it. Made it easy to quit though.
lol ikr, I wasnt getting super high either, i would just feel the rush very strong and stimulated for an hr or so then just feel well. On top of that i'd do diazepam,clonazepam and smoke crack all night....that was my 2019....i don't miss it at all either.

One of my last couple nods, had made it back from copping but promptly just fell asleep in the driver seat. Didn't quite make it into the house, but so was of course spooked af to find me. Fun stuff lol

Yes unfortunately going on the Nod is tough to come by now adays. I mean my tolerance got to the point where I would have to add a benzo in the mix to find that happy place. The Nod is where total peace and relaxation is reached and you are in purgatory, neither asleep nor awake, blissfully unaware. But alas, methadone maintenance is where I roam now. Really enjoyed your thoughts on this subject. A great discussion by all on the Nod🤤😴🤤

Thanks. :)

Nods are very rare for me to come by now a days as well. I'm on buprenorphine maintenance unfortunately. When my tolerance is low enough to feel my meds, I notice it starts off with a stimulating feeling (some compare it to tramadol, but I was heavily addicted to tramadol for a long time as well and I'd have to say their levels of stimulation differ to me) but then tapers off after about 2 hours into a very dreamy, sleepy feeling where I feel like I absolutely need to lay down and close my eyes. It's almost like what I'd called a half-assed nod (what would you expect from a half-assed opioid I guess? bupe I mean :p) since I definitely feel sedated at the time, but it's rarely ever euphoric and can be quite bothersome if I need to get something done.

Only way I can get a good nod on now a days is with some good brown. Now that kind of a nod has me literally falling face forward burning cigarette holes into things. It's completely uncontrollable, but ironically you can snap out of it if you really try. Thanks for acknowledgements though! Cheers my friend!

How do you like tianeptine on it's own Wilson Wilson? I bought some awhile back but i believe it's the sulfate version. I have never felt anything even resembling an opioid experience from them though, but I've only ever dared tread up to about 200mg I think. Is it possible to get a noddy, euphoric experience from tianeptine sulfate? Or am I doomed if I am daily buprenorphine user (low doses)?

Nod? Whats that? Oh me after a bottle of vodka 3 bags of H and few benzos later. If im lucky. But as Wilson Wilson mentioned that tolerance can mess up "The Nod' and more and more is needed that just makes it dangerous at the end of the day.

I dont chase the nod anymore. Only enjoy the deep sleep i have at the end of a day.

Nod? Whats that? Oh me after a bottle of vodka 3 bags of H and few benzos later. If im lucky. But as Wilson Wilson mentioned that tolerance can mess up "The Nod' and more and more is needed that just makes it dangerous at the end of the day.

I dont chase the nod anymore. Only enjoy the deep sleep i have at the end of a day.

Not sure what kind of heroin you were getting, but I was able to keep consist doses with amazing effects for weeks at a time. Throwing all that vodka and benzos into the mix is what truly made it dangerous for you. I didn't ALWAYS get a nod from my doses, maybe my morning doses & evening doses, but even when I didn't get one, the effects were still enjoyable. But I realize all humans are different, qualities of heroin are different and maybe I'm one of the only people out there who was able to maintain myself on heroin, while still retaining it's positive effects and not raising my tolerance to extreme levels. I find with shorter acting opiates, that you can maintain at reasonable doses if you atleast allow some down time in between dosing & some times not dosing for a nod, but just to feel better and to get on about your day.

How do you like tianeptine on it's own Wilson Wilson? I bought some awhile back but i believe it's the sulfate version. I have never felt anything even resembling an opioid experience from them though, but I've only ever dared tread up to about 200mg I think. Is it possible to get a noddy, euphoric experience from tianeptine sulfate? Or am I doomed if I am daily buprenorphine user (low doses)?

I'm about to find that out today! It's been a long time since I've used tianeptine, over the weekend I got some but only took it in combos. Today it's the only opioid I've taken so I'm gonna see how it feels on its own and experiment with the dose throughout the day.

I have started off with 20mg and will experiment from there depending on how I feel. I have the sodium version though which is more potent than the sulphate. I definitely do get a mild opioid effect from as little as 20mg, but keep in mind just how low my tolerance is at the mo.

My heroin isn't shit as when me friends use, two hits make them nod and wanna sleep. so i dont mind my quality. But after decades of opiate use my tolerance is high even with the breaks i take and the same with alcohol and benzo. So im not doing anything wrong. Plus i take breaks between use but that nod for me is not there. Plus i mostly use it for pain but we all like the euphoric and nodding effect. But to me, when i use H and Booze, im hyperactive and very productive like others would be on stims. So my body has adapted in a whole new way with these meds and i have no complaints.

But for you, Hope you getting the nod you want.

I'm about to find that out today! It's been a long time since I've used tianeptine, over the weekend I got some but only took it in combos. Today it's the only opioid I've taken so I'm gonna see how it feels on its own and experiment with the dose throughout the day.

I have started off with 20mg and will experiment from there depending on how I feel. I have the sodium version though which is more potent than the sulphate. I definitely do get a mild opioid effect from as little as 20mg, but keep in mind just how low my tolerance is at the mo.

Aah well good luck today man! If you can, update me how it goes! I'm curious if I should even bother with the remaining sulfate I have or just trash it.

Mostly buprenorphine. I got the nod currently. Im on 6g gabapentin and 4.5mg bupre.

Aaah that's very much why. I too am a daily buprenorphine user. Buprenorphine rarely gives me a nod and when it does, it's more of just a general urge of wanting to lay down and close my eyes and if unable, I get irritated. Is this the only opioid you're accustomed to?

The nods really come from the heavier sedating opiates, like morphine, heroin & the like. Some opioids like Tramadol & Buprenorphine have stimulating components. I've heard oxycodone can as well. But after the initial stimulating period, comes to sedating period. Back when my tolerance was almost non-existent, I could achieve nods on good size doses of Tramadol and Buprenorphine as well, but those days are long gone.

If you have any sort of tolerance, buprenorphine will most likely never provide a true 'nod' unfortunately. :\ But not impossible, especially combined with other downers. But then I wouldn't classify that as a 'true opioid nod', but that's just semantics I suppose. :p

I do heroin and tramadol sometimes. And oxy. But mostly bupre since its the most common opioid in Finland. Sadly.

I normally take 1.6mg when I do this. Took more for the nod this time.