• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is 'the nod'?

The nod is when one fades out or 'nods off' for a minute or a few at a time, time after time while high on opiates.

DON'T do this! Practically the only "available" opiate to snort would be Oxycontin/Opana because it has no acetaminophen BUT, about every pill has fillers and binders that hold the pill together in packing and shipping. DO NOT snort Hydrocodone (Norco, Vicodon etc..) Because of APAP (Acetaminophen) and Hydrocodone is a pro-drug that has to be metabolized in the liver and it would be a waste and quite painful.

Didn't mean to jump your shit Opaner, snorting APAP HURTS! :p

Well I would have figured he would have known what to snort. But you can snort a little bit of acetaminophen with out it hurting to much. If you snort a perc 5mg it might hurt only because it barely has any opiate in it more tylenol. But if one can find pills that are good to snort, go for it and get rippped off of them. I think everyone should enjoy the feeling of a high at least once. Of course being responsible and smart while doing it.

i dont ever get the nod...maybe once and ive done plenty of stuff amount wise and almost ever different one expcept some good H... i just think some ppl dont experience it

I find the opiate nod to be close to the feeling you get when you're about to wake up and feeling quite "comfortably numb", like you have a really clear view of your dreams but you know you are dreaming, and most people enjoy this phase of the ending of the sleep cycle. Hence being awakened by an alarm clock or somebody during that phase will make you very irritable, just like being pulled out of a nod by the telephone or somebody talking loud.

Practically the best part of the opiate experience! It's when you can't keep your eyes open, or even hold your head upright because you're so high. When that opioid is flowing through you and it feels like you're in a dream, wrapped in your favorite blanket on the worlds softest bed. It's just... So great! :p

But, in reality, you look half-retarded half-asleep but you just don't give a fuck haha

Well said! I agree!

The best feelin' in the world (besides sex) when you're traveling to the mystical Land of Nod...as long as you're not behind the wheel doin 80mph....8o

Oh, I see. That has happened to me before. I thought it just happened because opiates make you tired. I figured I was just tired and fighting with myself not to sleep.

The feeling is not like you´re tired. At least not for me.. Like Brian explained it´s a comfortable experience where all problems are gone and we feel so extremely happy about anything/everything. It´s better than sex IMO.

Too bad because in reality we are f..cked in so many levels. People think we are losers, family included.
They also think we are retarded, mentally ill, weak souls. And criminals for some.
Of course we don´t care about what others think until you get sober and start to see things differently.
That´s when we are literally tired and lethargic most of the time with no endorphin left for a long time.

Last edited:
So true Erikmen. If only they had any idea of what they'll never experience, words like euphoria don't even begin to explain it.
Then again they'll likely also never experience withdrawal or the desperation addiction brings.
I agree, better than sex.

Man this is probably one of the most craving triggering threads I have ever read here, not that I mind, I wasn't sober to start with :p

I find the easiest way to nod is to add soma to an opaite. For me it made me nod very easily.

anytime I nod I usually nod off.. and will wake up 10-15 mins later still in la la land. anyone do this?

ill be on the computer trying to type the my head will DROP almost smashing the keyboard; ill try to type one thing and it may take a half hour because I am completely out of it and barely keeping the head up.

dont get me wrong, its fun, and you are relaxed as can be, but I enjoy the hyperness I get from opiates more than the nod.

For me it was kind of like being half awake/asleep and dreaming or having very vivid daydreams, or night dreams with closed eyes but with the opiate itch and euphoria.

When I used to take pharmaceutical opiates in low doses I would take 5mg of oxy while at school and nod off in class or while at home or someone's house, and it was the way I described; but the teacher or people would just assume I was asleep or resting; but I was on opiates experiencing the high from them. I also would get hyper from opiates, and loved to do cardio exercise while on them but I only took low doses of them. I no longer use any opiates at all, and have not for over a decade.

For me it was kind of like being half awake/asleep and dreaming or having very vivid daydreams, or night dreams with closed eyes but with the opiate itch and euphoria.

When I used to take pharmaceutical opiates in low doses I would take 5mg of oxy while at school and nod off in class or while at home or someone's house, and it was the way I described; but the teacher or people would just assume I was asleep or resting; but I was on opiates experiencing the high from them. I also would get hyper from opiates, and loved to do cardio exercise while on them but I only took low doses of them. I no longer use any opiates at all, and have not for over a decade.

god bless those who catch on "nod" on 5MG's. and good for you staying away from opiates for the past 10yrs - never come back around them again! they fucking destroy your life, trust me.

god bless those who catch on "nod" on 5MG's. and good for you staying away from opiates for the past 10yrs - never come back around them again! they fucking destroy your life, trust me.

Yeah, I don't really do oxy much, but I got a free op80 from this guy I know. Had the whole thing and didn't even really feel it. Felt bad wasting his money but happy it was free...

Sobering thought. I fucking hate tolerance so fucking much.

I had questioned the same thing about a "nod" as I'm a newby. I assumed it meant "sedated"?

I'm new to pain management and afraid of everything I've read about opiates. I can't afford to "nod" as I have to be sharp minded, as I am the Calvary for my professional and my personal life. I have to be clear-minded, driven and concise.

That's why I've steered clear of big gun pain meds for 4 decades, though their use would have been medically justified. :\

Trouble is...My uniform is dusty. My bugle is tarnished. My trusty white steed is tired and out of breath. I'm considering a mercy killing of my horse, so that I can hide inside its carcass. Will I really need a healthy liver/kidneys if I resort to such measures?

Depressed? Absofuckinglutely :( My macabre sense of humor sustains me.

I had questioned the same thing about a "nod" as I'm a newby. I assumed it meant "sedated"?

I'm new to pain management and afraid of everything I've read about opiates. I can't afford to "nod" as I have to be sharp minded, as I am the Calvary for my professional and my personal life. I have to be clear-minded, driven and concise.

That's why I've steered clear of big gun pain meds for 4 decades, though their use would have been medically justified. :\

Trouble is...My uniform is dusty. My bugle is tarnished. My trusty white steed is tired and out of breath. I'm considering a mercy killing of my horse, so that I can hide inside its carcass. Will I really need a healthy liver/kidneys if I resort to such measures?

Depressed? Absofuckinglutely :( My macabre sense of humor sustains me.
Be very careful. I know people who are on opiates for pain management and they got addicted to them.

Can you only take the medication on an as-needed basis, or when you're really in pain?

I do not plan on taking them recreationally ever again. I stopped using all drugs 3 years ago before I turned 30 since I had seen what happens to people who started to use drugs as kids, teenagers, and young adults who continue to use them for decades.

Last edited:
Just one of those things you cant describe to anyone who has not experienced it for their self

Edit: If its on your bucket list, may it be your last spill

Last edited:
So true Erikmen. If only they had any idea of what they'll never experience, words like euphoria don't even begin to explain it.
Then again they'll likely also never experience withdrawal or the desperation addiction brings.
I agree, better than sex.

Man this is probably one of the most craving triggering threads I have ever read here, not that I mind, I wasn't sober to start with :p

It is, indeed.

Practically the best part of the opiate experience! It's when you can't keep your eyes open, or even hold your head upright because you're so high. When that opioid is flowing through you and it feels like you're in a dream, wrapped in your favorite blanket on the worlds softest bed. It's just... So great! :p

But, in reality, you look half-retarded half-asleep but you just don't give a fuck haha

It is...The meaning of life!!! And the one thing I hate about bupe, that you can't nod. :(

It is kinda like sex, its the best feeling ever. Well sex is better...but its pretty 'high' up there :)

Nodding is pure and blissful apathetic euphoria. Your dopamine at it's finest moment

I think you should just buy a good amount of whatever opiate you enjoy. Stay in for a night and snort a crap load of it. You will feel your eyes start to get heavy, just relax and enjoy the high. The more you relax the better it feels in my opinion. I tend to ask the girlfriend for sex when I'm high as well, the good thing is that shes always high when I am so it works in my favor :)

edit: I don't think it affects your sex drive at all, you just don't ejaculate at all, or just barely. But hey that works out in our favor right? Have sex all night!

So your sitting on the couch watching tv, and your life is passing you by, you keep procrastinating over and over,well maybe I'll start doing opiates next year maybe the year after, no do it right now. You can shoot up after work or you can shoot up before work, you can do what u gotta do to get that nod, go talk to opiate addicts, they out to help you. YOU SPEND ALL DAY ON THE BLUELIGHT ANYHOW, why don't you make a phone call that's gonna help you better your future! All you gotta do is pick up the phone and call a dealer, why are you making it complicated, IT'S EASY

#harmreduction

Last edited:
You can feel the nod coming on when you start to go cross eyed, then you get to a extremely relaxed state where you fade in and out of consciousness very rapidly. I have nodded while not high at all and it's still very pleasurable, but when the opiate is added it's like nothing else will ever be as good as that feeling.