• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is the difference between a wheel/micron filter and a steri-filt?

I use micron (wheel filters) all the time, mainly to boof oxy etc. I find the rush from 80-200mg of oxy fucking amazing IV.

They work a treat, and its not that hard to use, knowing for a fact most the binders dont dissolve anyway but i generally throw a 25g long tip on the end with a 3ml barrel on the other, and draw thru a cotton ball at the needle end, then repeat the first step (cotton) if there is any particulate matter in my solution i'll re-filter it with the micron (there rarely is unless im doing a heap)

btw; call this discussing price but i get my micron filters at local needle exchanges and they are usually only a dollar, and sterile water amps 50c, so its not a big loss imo. saving your veins etc.

If you regularly bang the oxys you should probably micron filter every time. There will be a shit load of particles between 1um and 50um that cotton won't get out.

Here is a link to a superb study done with MS Contins - substantially same as Oxys in terms of binders/fillers. Check out the photos of particulate matter in pill solutions.

Also great filter study from UK here - very technical but the shit as far as filtering info.

How did u 'break' the one you had? It would be good to know that they can break & under what conditions, because then manurfacturing can be improved.

Sounds like he was pushing from syringe through filter, rather than drawing up from spoon into syringe. Unlike micron filters, sterifilts only suck - they can't blow (at the same time or otherwise ;) )

Yep thats exactly what happened, I should have added that I know how to use them now and the correct way is sucking it up(after a little plain water has been sucked up so none is stuck in there after) not pushing through. These things should have directions :/ lol

are steri-filt available in W.A. if so where from. being a HR tool i believe asking is within guidelines.

if not where can wheel filters be found?

online is not an option.

^Try WASUA - I think there's a sticky at the top of AusDD with details

where i live is incredible. you can go to the needle exchange and to sign up you just answer a short questionnaire and its totally anonymous. when you go in u give them a like 3 numbers and some letters and they open up a big closet for you and your allowed to take whatever you want. you can literally take "party packs" i.e. 100 syringes of multiple kinds of syringes, those little tubes of distilled water, those little cotton balls, fresh cookers, safe needle disposal containters, alcohol swarbs, triple anti-biotic lotion to kill bacterial after the shot, tourniquets and its all for free and anonymous. plus you don't have to bring in old stuff to get new stuff. its amazing every time i go in there i take so much stuff i want to give tem money for the job well done but they wornk get over it.

best

^ They let you have however much you want I believe at Biala here in Brisbane, but you don't have to sign up or anything they just ask your post code, age and the drug you are using. It's also non self-service but I don't mind because they are always really nice. :)

Ahh, this Biala place sounds good! Gonna have to make the mission to Brisbane for supplies me thinks! Thanks for the super awesome info ya'll!

:D

Mav

You can get all the same supplies on the Gold Coast. Go to QuIHN, Unit 12, 89 - 99 West Burleigh Rd, Burleigh Heads ph5520 7900

^ It depends on what you're shooting. A Micron filter is much more effective and absolutely essential if you're shooting pills (OC, Morphine etc). There is some risk using cigarette filters of tiny particles of cellulose getting into your shot but from memory it's still far preferable to use one than not to. The nearest needle exchange to me gives out these types of filters with syringes (they look identical to rollie filters but come in a little plastic sleeve of 5 or 6), and charges $2 for wheel filters. You can get wheel filters cheaper in bulk online but it takes a bit of searching.

Here's some light reading on the topic :)

http://www.drugtext.org/library/articles/scott01.htm

Stay safe!

^ Hai Mav3rick :)

Glad to be of help bustabraincell. Remember to use individual rollie filters though; don't rip the filter of a tailor-made ciggy unless you have no other option.

1.0 micron filter source Australia

Can someone please give me an online source for whatman micron filters, 1.0 microns and luer lock syringes. I used the search engine and google but I can't find any sources which ship in smaller quantities (1-10 filters and luer lock syringes) to Australia. I'm probably just realy retarded, but I'd realy appreciate some help.

why would you want 1.0microns when they make .22micron filters? and sorry im not from Australia so i don't know where you can get them, i only know US sources, sorry :\

Hey like dead your best bet is to go to an NSP and get them there. If they don't have exactly the ones you want you could ask them to get them in for you.

@hoodeezy - 0.22 filters are the shit if you want to filter out bacteria and fungi - but they will block much faster than a coarser filter. If you just want to filter particulates out of a pill solution, 0.5 to 1um is fine

^if you're using a more coarse powder/pill/whatever that's going to clog a .22 straight off the mark it's good practice to pass through a filter with larger pores beforehand. saves constantly clogging and potentially wasting microns.

cotton will suffice for a first round filter.