Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is love?

Cpt.Caveman

Bluelighter
I don't think I want to question what love is because it might loose its magic...but something that powerful and beautiful is a bit hard not to think about.

You can say its all about chemical attractions between two people...But thats attraction, the feeling of love stays with you whether or not you're physically with that special person. You don't need to think about that person to feel love either.

The connection of two souls...is the only way I can really put it.

Is it when a person seems to fit into your personality so perfectly that everything you never had but wanted in a person is fulfilled? (In the sense of a girlfriend/boyfriend that you love)

Its confusing me to try and think about what it is because its such a strong emotion and doesn't seem to have any triggers.

Without being spiritual and believing that people have souls, how then would you explain love? Bah.

taoism was right...

love is the ying to your yang...

i'm only in love when a person completes me by being everything i cannot....

muzby dances to "what is love" by haddaway ;)

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
ooooooooooooh.

marcs131 said:
love = pain

too true..

its amazing that two emotions such as love and hate can be such complete opposites, yet be so close together.....

my deepest scars have been caused by the ones i loved...

Love is...

The good things about love is said here ;)

It basically depends on how one looks at it really. There's love, and there's being in love with the concept of love.

Love is first and foremost irrational... Life would be so much easier without it... It has it's ups but the downs seem to outweigh any potential benefits...

Love is a drug... And the hardest one to kick at that...

"Biochemically, no different than eating large amounts of chocolate" - Al Pacino, Devil's Advocate...

"The fact that love is unexplainable, is the very essence of its allure." - JayB, these forums...

Love. To me, the purest and healthiest form of love is the platonic but still deep-as-all-fuck love that I share with my friends. There's no expectations, just that incredible connection that exists while still holding on to my own identity. I tend to shy away from the idea of romantic love, because personally I think it's thinly disguised codependency.

I love having my friends because they appreciate me for me and help me be the best I can be....I'm not so wild about the idea of needing someone to complete me, because I think I should be able to be complete within myself.

No offence meant to anyone who feels differently, that's just my interpretation...

Love is...

its when the world feels small beneath your feet
its when the stars above are only just out of reach
its when you feel you're alive for the very first time
and theres nothing you can't rise above
thats when you know when you're in love...

Love is the anticipation that comes with a kiss.
Love is the pounding of your heart induced by a mere thought.
Love is when the hairs stick up on your skin when they touch you.
Love is the shiver that runs down you spine when you hear their voice.
Love is the warm feeling in you chest when you see them.
Love is the ecstacy when you say "Hello" and the pain when they say "Goodbye".
Love is the justification for all that is right and the motivation to change all that is wrong.
Love is forgiveness.
Love is hope.
Love is a thought.
Love is a feeling.
Love is a teacher.
Love is a lesson.
Love is what makes life worth living, but also what can make life unliveable.

Love is a thought, emotion or feeling that is so difficult to define with a meaning, but helps define and give meaning to all the other parts of life.

Well that's what I reckon anyway

Love is wanting to be with someone when you wake up. Wanting for them to be happy and doing everything you can to make this possible and in return this makes you happy seeing them happy. Love is amazing and comes in many shapes and forms and even if it causes heartbreak the pain is still worth what love made you feel. Nothing in the world over rides this feeling.

Muzby said it beautifully actually :)

^^^Mehh...I'm happy to leave it here unless there are complaints....Aus Social being what it is, sometimes stuff will overlap....and it can't hurt that someone's trying to start a thread about something a little deeper than TV shows... ;) :)

Raz said:
I tend to shy away from the idea of romantic love, because personally I think it's thinly disguised codependency.

B]

Yeah I've kind of come to that conclusion too... Still enjoyable though as most drugs are...

Maybe slightly off topic but heres my favourite breakup song...

Smile by Lagwagon

I hate my friends
I hate my friends
I hate my
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My Friends
I hate My Friends

Two in the morning here
I am turning blue
I’m drinking up for an old friend
Bourbon can’t clean my mind of this
voice in my head
"I hate my friends"
Cause they make me
think about the smile that I’m faking

I hate my
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I hate my
I Hate my
I Hate My
I Hate My Friends
I Hate my Friends

Yeah, that’s the scene that I am in
Lying
At odds with every bland image
How many excuses can this
fool listen to
”You never cared”
There was no us
only misery and distrust

I hate my
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My
I Hate My friends

I Don’t Care
I Don’t Care

Last edited:
love is the feeling you get from an ecstasy pill.

not to be taken too seriously :)

doofqueen said:
Love is wanting to be with someone when you wake up. Wanting for them to be happy and doing everything you can to make this possible and in return this makes you happy seeing them happy. Love is amazing and comes in many shapes and forms and even if it causes heartbreak the pain is still worth what love made you feel. Nothing in the world over rides this feeling.

Muzby said it beautifully actually :)

Yes I agree On this passage....