• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is love?

Probably true though!.... my sister gave me this card for my birthday, it had a few quotes for a pieces on it. Loved it as one of the quotes was 'Searching for ecstacy'. Felt like saying "Thanks sis, how did you know?" ..... anyway, it was very funny at the time. :D

Anyone who tries to define love is just cheapening the whole experience if you ask me. We're all way too clumsy with words to even begin to describe love. It's different everytime, with every different person and for every different person. Perhaps we can describe the events that surround it, or the signs that we're in love or the repercussions of being in love but I've never heard anyone adequately describe exactly what love is.

That being said, I know I'm in love when I don't hate everything.

love is not giving your sexual partner a bus pass after you are done with her

Love is the fullfillment of your heart and soul. Something that you give, share and receive. Love is something you can lose, but you cant steal love. Love is something that gives you the most pleasure, but causes you the most pain. Love is something that when gone, leaves you with a gaping chasm.

Love is a joke, a thing that has no place in our society. It is just a means to justify spending your entire life with someone you'll end up hating. Love is an extension of happiness and lust nothing more. Why humans feel the need to try and explain it is beyond me...

Love is a many splendid things! Love lifts us up where we belong!

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!

^^ Hmmm, true, ay... beyond definition. although ive tried...
Some really nice thoughts goin on... what im thinking about is whether there's love at first sight?? i've never had it... :\ mean there's been people howve instantly attracted me, just something about them you know...but i dont know, dont know if its possible?? anyway, moving along...

Last edited:
so is fuck...

I think whoever came up with these words just thought, 'hmmm people will be using them a lot. Let's make them nice and easy.'

heh

I'm a normally introspective person on my own emotions so its pretty normal for me to question "jebus what is this overwhealming emotion?!?!"

understanding why you love someone is just as normal as understanding why you hate someone i think. i know the emotion of love will not loose any of its magic if i understand what or why i love someone, if anything it will help me understand pains in the future from loving someone.

love is definately a beautiful thing. i think when you're not looking for it and you're quite content in your independence then you find it unintentionally. it just takes you by suprise and all of that talk of "i don't need someone, im fine on my own" goes out the window and to one special person.

^^ Last paragraph, Ahh yes, but sometimes reason gets the better of you and you let that special someone slip away.

i think reason isn't an issue when you know you have strong feelings for someone. look at me, my girlfriend lives 300k's away. haha

OK, how about this-

I think love is knowledge, or the need to know.

Love expressed as affection is the need to feel another person, in the tactile sense and to feel them spiritually and emotionally through interactions. It's like the curiosity of the child that wants to touch everything it sees in order to understand it more.

Also, love is often cruel and difficult and it is where many a harsh lesson is learned. And we get into it, knowing full well that we are at risk of causing great pain for ourselves, because we need to know something.

This explanation makes alot of sense to me right now, but I may need to come back and elaborate later.

i know what its like cpt caveman. when i met my man (Sllip) he was living in melbourne and i was in hobart.
but love prevailed and i'm now in melbourne too and it was the best decision i've ever made.

but love is something you cant explain but those who experience it know that there is nothing better.
too many of you guys are so bitter about love. dudes!! its ok!!! and its so true...like Superjesus sang...."i was alone til i thought it was better that way"

Riot Grrrl said:
What i meant was when you first meet them. Or did you mean that too?

I meant that too. When I first met her I knew there were strong feelings between the two of us but I said to myself "ah she lives in canberra, don't worry about it" then when she left and I knew I was never going to see her again I could tell I was really missing her badly so I just went "ah 3hours drive isn't that bad". heh

^ Cpt, i know EXACTLY what you mean. I will not go into detail as to keep the person anon. Though i chose the other path. I've built up this defense mechanism of excuses because i've been burnt before, and never wanna feel that hurt again. The thing that really gets to me is that when i'm doing it at the time, i don't realise that i'm doing it.

Though i believe in love. I look at my parents and hope that one day i will have that. Just gotta take the chance one day