• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What is human nature? v. And are we innately evil?

My dad, who was a very odd and aggressive religious guy swore by Schopenhauer. Claimed he was the only one, since Jesus, to have sought and found truth. A man highly at odds with himself, my late father.

I guess there is philosphical pessimism but I tend to think that's a value judgement.

I'm sorry for his fellas, but I've been finding myself in rough spots lately. My parents are having financial issues, who're also quite strict people, so everyone is under stress right now. Some drastic misunderstandings have hit me quite hard recently, and only affect me more as I stay up late. God it disappoints me.

I feel so washed up. I've been abusing benadryl quite a lot actually. Makes me slur, forget, eyes blur, body load. I have a couple opportunities this month to make some cash so I can buy some Kratom or maybe some pills. New neighborhood, no contacts, only internet.

Being 15 and all, I don't exactly have a job (or at least a steady one). I've been successful previously playing around with foreign exchange rates to make money in a pinch.

I forgot where I was going with this. Imma see about doing the same with bitcoin.

Am I tired already? I've taken only melatonin yet I feel insanely drowsy.

I came here looking for comfort, and being P&S it never dissappoints.

I'm sorry for his fellas, but I've been finding myself in rough spots lately. My parents are having financial issues, who're also quite strict people, so everyone is under stress right now. Some drastic misunderstandings have hit me quite hard recently, and only affect me more as I stay up late. God it disappoints me.

I feel so washed up. I've been abusing benadryl quite a lot actually. Makes me slur, forget, eyes blur, body load. I have a couple opportunities this month to make some cash so I can buy some Kratom or maybe some pills. New neighborhood, no contacts, only internet.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles Nixiam. I can empathise with you; I'm not so old that I don't recall being your age and the sense of frsutration and powerlessness that can result. It's inherent when you are young, you live and breathe by the whims of your parents. Strictness is not so bad a thing (if someone told my 15 year old self that, I would have punched them!) because its usually a manifestation of love and concern. Of course, sometimes it goes overboard but parents are fearful, worried humans too. Apparently.

Lay off the benadryl though. Its a really silly drug to be abusing; it will fuck you up. You don't even sound like you enjoy it...

Being 15 and all, I don't exactly have a job (or at least a steady one). I've been successful previously playing around with foreign exchange rates to make money in a pinch.

Ha, you're going to be fine. That's an intriguing undertaking for someone of your age, its evidence of a certain creativity that will be of great use for you in the future. <3

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles Nixiam. I can empathise with you; I'm not so old that I don't recall being your age and the sense of frsutration and powerlessness that can result. It's inherent when you are young, you live and breathe by the whims of your parents. Strictness is not so bad a thing (if someone told my 15 year old self that, I would have punched them!) because its usually a manifestation of love and concern. Of course, sometimes it goes overboard but parents are fearful, worried humans too. Apparently.

Lay off the benadryl though. Its a really silly drug to be abusing; it will fuck you up. You don't even sound like you enjoy it...

Ha, you're going to be fine. That's an intriguing undertaking for someone of your age, its evidence of a certain creativity that will be of great use for you in the future. <3

Thank you Willo.

I believe evil comes from other spheres or a dimension. No doubt i've been to this place it stems from. It's like a never-ending flow of evil.. The world is pure. I wouldn't worry about evil at all there
-G

I believe evil comes from other spheres or a dimension. No doubt i've been to this place it stems from. It's like a never-ending flow of evil.. The world is pure. I wouldn't worry about evil at all there
-G

Not sure what world you live in but I can tell ya this one sure ain't pure. lol

As I get older, and I think more and more about humanity. I find I'm coming to the conclusion that, good and evil, neither of these are accurate ways of thinking about human kind.

At its heart, I think the most accurate way to look at people. Is they're animals.

I don't mean that in a bad way, or a good way. Just that we are animals like any other. Sure, our potential is much higher than other animals. We are definitely the most unusual animal on the planet.

But my point is, what we are, fundamentally, is just a thin layer of intelligence on top of a fundamentally instinctual core.

We are not as rational as we think, our view of the world is not as real as we think. We are all just creatures acting on biochemical impulses like every other creature. Good and evil are just intelligent abstractions, labels, of fundamentally unintelligent, instinctual behaviors.

I don't think humans relate to animals at all, but I like what you said ;)(y)

-G

At least i'm not related to an animal
-G

Whatever we are, we are born mimics.

Strange that your first animal instinct was to such on a tit just like all baby mammal animals do.

You are either an animal or had bestial tendencies regardless of what species you think you belong to.

Have a dose of intelligence on me.

Regards
DL

I tend to think trees are wiser and stronger than us. Thus if anything i'm related to the tree :)

Maybe i have no desire at all. I know how to manipulate my physiology

Your physiology is not dictating exactly your desire, which may be strongly influenced by external factors, but, all the days you spend a lot of energy by synthesizing new cells to reproduce and all your DNA is organized to allow you to successfully reproduce. Moreover, when you cannot reproduce anymore, you start getting old paving the way for death.