Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what are your favourite names?

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
first up: no fucking lists, please :)

if you're gonna tell us what names, give us some reasons. a word or two...a few lines, whatever. lists are just boring.

anyway, i have no idea if i want kids (which means i probably do, because a year ago i would have said i'm *never ever ever* having any ;)), but i do like names.

for guys:
charlie - it's old school, it's good because it's a little corny, and it's timeless, i think. i like the way it rolls off the tongue, and it seems to hold a little irreverence for me. and it reminds me of the song "charlie big potato" which was a favourite of a good friend of mine.

jack - effectively the same reason of timelessness. it's masculine but not too much to the point of arrogance (can you believe i'm pulling so much out of a name? ;)), and it just has a nice feeling to it.

for girls:
etienne - i think it's french, but it sounds like it is, and either way it's appealing. i just think it's really beautiful, tbh.

samantha - i prefer this shortened to sam, and though i don't normally like androdgynous names, there's something about this which rolls off the tongue. it's cute.

more will come later, when i'm sober and able to remember...stuff :)

for girls...
lauren not sure why, I've just always liked it....
allison not sure either, I just like it.

for guys...
albert I'd never actually name any of my kids this, but it just kind of is a funny name...

yes my reasons are stupid ;)

First off I'd like to say I hate 3 letter single syllable names, they shit me for no apparent reason. Now for names I do like.

Well I'm not even going to give an example but I love names that are words that the child can grow into, for example Charity for a girls name, I think I'll do thatwhen I have kids.

Joshua - It's a very intellectual millenium name! - It has style now!

Laura - The name of my first love!

Kajsa - Umm. Swedish name. I love it! Very sexy said :D

Rachel - Mmm.. My Mum has some stupid thing that I will marry a Rachel.

Ethan - Just love the name!

jaa jaa

shals :D

Originally posted by ButrosButros_Grantos
First off I'd like to say I hate 3 letter single syllable names, they shit me for no apparent reason. Now for names I do like.

Well I'm not even going to give an example but I love names that are words that the child can grow into, for example Charity for a girls name, I think I'll do thatwhen I have kids.

heh, i wonder how much influence this has on my choices - though none of them have such specific meanings as does "charity", i do have ideas of what names like "etienne", "charlie" etc. mean, so perhaps i'm just trying to mold my (not-so-existent) children into exactly what i want.

dammit, i'm going to be a fascist parent, it's not good :)

onetwothreefour said:
for girls:
etienne - i think it's french, but it sounds like it is, and either way it's appealing. i just think it's really beautiful, tbh.

totally agreed- and it is french.

I also love mackenzie for a girl- I'm not entirely sure why- prob coz I think its cute, somewhat boyish, but sassy too :) If that made any sense at all!

^ Mackenzie is the name of an actor in the BBC comedy series "THE OFFICE" and is a boy.

I like classic movie star names, they just remind me of elegance and sass - so Audrey, Ava, Bridget, Grace, etc.

I also like normal, pretty sorts of girls' names, like Laura, Ella, Sophie and Sarah. They'll never have to spell those! Yay! And a lot of those names just remind me of good friends and dependability.

And then I like some french names - Amelie and Miette are at the top of that list; I like Anais too. Mostly because they're cute and feminine.

With male names I like all the popular names, because they're just strong and timeless. My favourite boy name is Lachlan, closely followed by Adam, Jack, Patrick and Nicholas.

I agree with liking names that kids can grow into, or at least not grow out of. At least give your kids a more 'adult' name that you can shorten to the name you like. Friends of ours recently had a daughter called Lexie - but they did have the courtesy to put Alexandra on her birth certificate, in case she didn't fancy being a high profile exec called Lexie ;)

^^^ audrey, grace and ava are all awesome. as you could imagine, i'm a bit of a movie fan, so they appeal to me ;)

amelie...well, that gets me further than i want to say. which reminds me that "scarlett" isn't exactly bad either.

anna: how do you pronounce "anais"?

Anais is like Ah-NAY-is, although in English most people pronounce it Ah-nay, I think.

I love Scarlett too! I wanted Georgia's name to be Scarlett, but I wasn't allowed :(

hmmmm... my last name begins with q, so if i have boys, i want them to have names like timothy, or daniel, so i can call them TQ or DQ.... im sort of obsessed with shortening ppls names...

for a girl, first born will definately be sarah..... i dont think i have ever met a sarah that i didnt like.... of course any daughter of mine would be destined to continue that tradition

for Girls:
Farr - basically it sounds beautiful, and spacious.

Farrah i don't know why, it just sounds interesting.

Ashtyn i don't like your plain ashleighs, and ashleys, it's jsut i know too many of them. But i have enver ever met an Ash i havent like. Beautiful full hearted people.

Adsila - it means "Blossom". lasting tribute to my favourite relative.

Cadence just like it.

India i like that it can be shortened to Indi, or indy or Indie... its just a interesting kind of a name.
for boys
Aiden i love it. its a beautful strong name.

Ashby - again the ash thing. its also interesting.

Finn/Fynn okay, well my favourite book growing up was always "The adventures of Huckleberry Finn"... i would never call my kid "Huckleberry" i can just imagine the taunts.

Foy just like it.

Beck again just like it. there are many many more. But thats the main contenders.

for boys...

luc because I love french names and kind of not really speak it so fancy myself a bit of a frenchy wanker
marc as above
horatio I think this name is so cute yet elegant, and shortened to Horry....
xavier so cool. come on - how many names start with an x?

for girls...

like above - Scarlett is awesome. My heroine.
also Grace I think is beautiful - for the obvious conitations
Diane I like because it is my middle name and in a narcissistic way I'd like to name my child after myself without it being called Jill Junior....:D

fuck... i cant believe i forgot that.... blossom, do u mind if i pinch cadence of u?

been a fan ever since american pie wedding

for Guys- Sebastien. Awesome name, and I could shorten it to Bastien, like that kid off the never ending story.

Girls - Chloe. It sounds great.

Last edited:
Molly - Old school but I love it.

Lianna - A slight corruption of 'Lianon', which is old Scots for 'darling'.

Dante - Tasteful yet funky

Gabriel - Angelic but so maculine

As my wife and I are expecting soon.....

We have chosen 2 names for either a boy or girl ( my wife has actually chosen 100 different names...but I won't go there...)

Boy - Digby

Girl - Darcy

Peace

BCr

Originally posted by Shuba
for Guys- Sebastien. Awesome name, and I could shorten it to Bastien, like that kid off the never ending story.

:D

love that book!