European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? V2. Stimulants, pizza and Gatorade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post a bacon and egg roll photo for you tomorrow Kate or maybe something more interesting. I dropped my phone and smashed the screen and got a cheaper Samsung replacement but its camera is terrible. I will see what i can do.

Oh I'll hurry on over any time yeh wee fox. For a neurotypical lady your a mighty fine lass and I SO would. Hell I'd double-team you with a golden retriever and smile whilst doing so=D

Although I'd draw the line at either one of those horrid macho-twat-dogs or one of those little nastyass yappy bastard handbag-dogs for preppy celebrity vapid pillock type things.

Oh I'll hurry on over any time yeh wee fox. For a neurotypical lady your a mighty fine lass and I SO would. Hell I'd double-team you with a golden retriever and smile whilst doing so=D

Although I'd draw the line at either one of those horrid macho-twat-dogs or one of those little nastyass yappy bastard handbag-dogs for preppy celebrity vapid pillock type things.

Would love to eat some of these parma violet candies, from various positions of placement other than the plastic tubes they were purchased contained within.

What sorta mushrooms are in your soup stee2ees? or is it that bog standard canned muck. (not a fan. I CAN physically eat that, but generally I loathe white food with an aqueous or semiaqueous consistency, although that does not extend to the despisement of ice cream. Or vanilla lots of stuff. Although oh buggermynipples I've completely forgot what I was going to say about it there.

White sauce is the worst, cheesy kinds and bread sauces especially, those are the work of satan himself, with hitler, osama bin laden, george W bollock jr and theresa 'what a fucking bitch' may all rolled up into the bargain, in terms of the disgustingness of white sauce. EW.

also whats wrong with marks and sparks? a bit pricey but they do some good things. I really like their elderflower cordial and elderflower and lime, which I could lick off of our lurvely Sadieface all day and all night long, drink out of you like a cup m'dearey=D

@Koneko-I'll try and bake a bunch this weekend and post pics-bread hooks are for wusses. Hand kneading is the whole point. I usually leave it on top of the oven (off) in a covered bowl to rise.

@Consumer-hope your deli has it. Spanish jamon comes in three grades,, but it's all delish. I eat it an room temp, with green olives, sweet red pepper strips and manchego on the side. A robust red helps.

Can anyone help out on the scones recipe?

Can anyone help out on the scones recipe?

There are so many scone recipes out there, it's all a bit trial and error and finding one you like and can adapt. And a hot oven, a decent oven makes all the difference.

I like this one with cream in it. The scones are very tender aka soft because of all that extra fat! I'm not sure if you have self-raising flour across the pond, but plain flour with baking powder should substitute. I think our double cream is your "heavy" cream. Work with light fingers and don't over mix the dough.

Makes around 10-12 scones.

• 200g self-raising flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 200–250ml double cream

Preheat the oven to 220C/ 425F/Gas 7.

Sift the flour and salt together into a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the sugar and 200ml cream, then work in with a fork or light fingers until you have even-sized-looking clumps. If the mix is too dry, add the remaining 50ml cream and mix through.

Place on a floured workbench and knead gently four or five times. Dust with flour and roll the mix flat with a rolling pin to 1cm thick. Cut out 5cm circles with a crimped circle cutter and place on a lightly floured baking tray.

Knead the off cuts gently back together and repeat the rolling and cutting process.

Bake for 8-10 minutes in a hot oven until they have risen nicely. Depending how dark you like them, you can leave them for a little longer. An egg wash brushed over before baking gives a lovely shine, but I prefer just giving them a dusting of flour on top.

This recipe is a bit more old school :)

Ingredients

• 500g self-raising flour
  • 100g unsalted butter + a little extra for greasing
  • 60g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 275ml milk + a little extra for glazing

• For fruit scones you'll also need...
  • 100g sultanas, raisins or whatever
  • 100ml water

Method

If you're making fruit scones then put the raisins or sultanas or dried mixed-fruits (100g) and water (100ml) into a bowl and leave to soak for 20 minutes - soaking the fruit helps to prevent it burning during cooking.

After 20 minutes, drain the water from the raisins and put the raisins to one side until needed.
Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan.

Lightly grease a baking tray with butter or use parchment / grease-proof paper.

Put the self-raising flour (500g) into a large bowl. Cut the butter (100g) into cubes, and add it to the flour.

Gently rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips, until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs.

Add the caster sugar (60g), baking powder (1 tsp), salt (½ tsp) and raisins (if using) and mix to combine - Sprinkle the salt and baking powder across the top of the flour/butter mix rather than putting it in one place as this will help ensure that it's evenly distributed.

Make a well in the centre and add the full-fat milk (275ml) - I like to keep a tablespoon or two back to add at the end to help collect up any stray bit of flour.

With as little action as possible (heyhey hey!), mix the milk into the dry ingredients using your hands until it has come together into a ball of dough. If there's any flour left in the bottom, add a touch more milk to help collect it up - your dough should be slightly sticky, but not too sloppy.

Place the dough on a work surface and pat it flat to a thickness of about 1½ inches (don't use a rolling pin for this one!).

Cut circles out and place them on a baking tray. After the first set, quickly ball up the dough, pat flat, and repeat until you have used up all of the dough.

Glaze each scone with a little milk and place into the oven for 12-15 minutes until they are cooked (I tap them to see if they sound hollow as you do with bread.

Cool on rack before scoffing, though warm is soooo goood - preferably with fresh butter or clotted cream and jam.

Today's Guardian newspaper has an article about cheese scones (and the English mustard powder is essential). These are uber yummy. Other favourites are apple and cinnamon, treacle and my favourite sultana scones.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2016/oct/06/how-to-make-the-perfect-cheese-scones

I plan to bake a plain Victoria sponge cake filled with blackcurrant jam and whipped cream this weekend. Simples %) If I do I will post a pic. And no worries if you don't want to do a pic, I'm cheeky to be asking! x

It was just a cup - a - soup K with a few liberty caps diced up and chucked in. That's about the level of enthusiasm I have for cooking at the moment.

Off to friends for dinner, drinks and will finish off the coke i got yesterday. I believe beer first but it always ends late with good scotch.

@Koneko-thank you! We do have self-rising flour and double cream=heavy cream. I do want to try both recipes since I have a liking for blueberry scones and really hate the ones they sell in packages.

No worries about the pics, I have no problems posting inanimate objects. The EXIF data doesn't worry me.

I am in awe of your sponge! The only other truly UK item I can make is crumpets: a Yorkshire friend taught me.

;)

Fuck all, bar tubes of parma violets to keep me from chewing a hole through my e-cig. Still tweaked out, started to crash, but feeling one RAPID rise after plugging a solid, solid dose of meth base. Oiled out and turned hygroscoping. Couple of ml of that and right we go. Feeling it within a minute or so.

I made one of my regulars last night - Peanut chicken / Chicken Satay.

Garlic, cumin powder, chili, salt and pepper, couple tablespoons of peanut butter, tsp soy sauce, some fish sauce, little bit of oil - stir it all together then thin it out a bit with some water and use that as a marinade. Goes great on the BBQ or in the oven on some parchment paper etc.

Salad of finely shredded carrot, onion, tomato, chili, mint and lemon juice.

I had trouble with that recipe. Couldn't heat the water to 110 degrees, try as I might. Couldn't get it to stay in the saucepan much hotter than 95-ish .....

Imma bout to tuck into a pastrami Sandwich on Polish Sour Dough bread with some nice Dijon mustard on it with some Emmantal cheese. Was tempted to buy some SourKraut but decided against it at the last minute. Can't wait, I'm actually quite hungry now that I think about it.

Suppose I would be. I had half a bowl of soup yesterday around 5 then a pot of yogurt today at ten. With any luck I'll be getting a bit of a nap once the belly is full and a cold cider to wash it down with. ( terrible, I know )

Tonight were having Teriyaki chicken - going to do some green capsicums, onions dry fried first then in some reduced sauce and have it with a simple white rice.

SourKraut is lovely (mind you I love pickled / fermented vegs) - I still haven't made the Kimchi that I was talking about the other week. I'm waiting for the local supermarket to stock some Nappa Cabbage (haven't had it since I talked about making it).

After plugging several grams of methamphetamine freebase (partially neutralize but incompletely due to having to do it by first PH strips then the taste test, because something it got dipped in melted the glass electrode and mostly liquified the housing of the digital pens I use otherwise, will get backups there in case of a snafu. ,ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tuna and rice salad for lunch - then going for a coffee and picking up some stuff for a BBQ later on.

Teriyaki chicken last night was lovely - reduced the sauce then added oyster sauce and some vinegar to make it into a sweet, hot and sour sauce that worked lovely with the green peppers. Topped with a load of raw garlic, chili, green onions

Oysters are minging little sods. And I disagree vehemently with those who (unlike you obviously, being in sauce form)

Who wants to wrestle with packaging, when the contents are nothing more or less than a living blob of sandy, salty grey phlegm for fucks sake.

Munching on, well, munched a bowl of some sort of pasta chilli thing, a 'frijj' thick milkshake and a whole bunch of parma violets (candies).

Damn, I do enjoy a tuna sandwich. I've been craving sea food myself. I've got some King prawns and just about to make myself a Chipotle Marie Rose sauce. Should be nice. We'll see. Personally, I think with the Chipotle a squeeze of lime would add nicely to it but alas, I used the last of my lime on Taco Tuesday last night. TBF, It was damn tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.