European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? V2. Stimulants, pizza and Gatorade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent dins have included the first Sunday dins we've made here (slow roast beef brisket, roasties, Yorkies, etc) and the finest curry I've made in ages (pork, more veggies than you (or I) could shake a stick at... but mostly tomato, sweet potato and spinach) with many a trimming. No pix but damnably tasty <3

Recent dins have included the first Sunday dins we've made here (slow roast beef brisket, roasties, Yorkies, etc) and the finest curry I've made in ages (pork, more veggies than you (or I) could shake a stick at... but mostly tomato, sweet potato and spinach) with many a trimming. No pix but damnably tasty <3

The sweet potato and spinach would be enough for me - love both of them. Add a few handfuls of lentils or a tin of chickpeas and your sold. Haven't had that for a while so I know that will be one of our dinners next week.

^I had a lovely lentil sauce in a restaurant last weekend. It didn't really sound appealing to me but my friend told me I would really like it and I did.

Left overs from last night's Quesadilla feast. Along with jalapeño cheese bites.

Phat kid!!!!

There's nothing quite like a feast with Quesadilla and sides done by a true Texan. Boy do I love tex mex those Quesadillas and all those sides were so declicious. thank you, you ;)

I'm making chicken and leek soup for packed lunches this week. Will have that with a salad. Tonight I have chicken breasts that I'll poach with green veggies in the leftover yummy chicken stock. It is definetley worth making stock from carcasses and leftover bits of chicken. It's divine!

Still thinking about that profiterole pud... It'll be my I crave but actually wouldn't eat it obsession this week. Back onto low carbs :D

But I still want to know if it was good?!?!

Tbh K we haven't eaten it yet. :-( so full last night after Mac n cheese with garlic bread.

Today I'll be making home made chicken noodle soup and finally eating those delicious looking profiteroles :D

I just made four batches of Thai red curry paste. One i will use tomorrow or Thursday the rest in the freezer for future use. My arm is sore from bashing away for an hour and a bit at the mortar and pestle.

Will do the same for Laksa paste on the weekend and hopefully Thai green curry paste as well. Bought paste is ok if you use the better brands but home made just has layers of flavour you dont get in premade pastes.

I am just having cheese and crackers for dinner. To exhausted from the curry paste making to cook. I have some amazing Manchego i bought a wheel of the other week i posted somewhere else in this thread and its devine with some Cullen Margaret River Cabernet Merlot. Lazy night but sometimes the simple things are the best. Cheese and wine heaven.

Can you get Jamon de Serrano or Iberico to go with the Manchego? Love the stuff. We just started getting it in the US but it's horrendously expensive.

For Koneko: I use the NYT recipe with some changes-this is for loves: I prefer individual round balls topperd with a smaller ball-brush with egg and watch closely in the oven.
Vegetarian, Nut Free, French, All Purpose Flour, Egg, Unsalted Butter Cooked Rate this
INGREDIENTS
2 packages active dry yeast
5 cups all-purpose flour (approximately)
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup warm water (110 degrees)
2 teaspoons salt
5 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
14 tablespoons very soft unsalted butter
1 tablespoon milk
Nutritional Information
PREPARATION
Place the yeast in a small bowl and mix it with 2 tablespoons of the flour and a teaspoon of the sugar. Stir in the water and set aside in a warm place about 15 minutes, until the mixture becomes spongy.
By hand or by machine, beat the whole eggs until they are frothy. Beat in the yeast mixture, a tablespoon of the sugar and the salt. Beat in 1/2 cup of the flour, then 6 tablespoons of the butter. Follow with another 1/2 cup of the flour, then another 6 tablespoons of the butter.
Continue adding flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is firm enough to handle. Transfer it to a floured board and knead in any remaining flour, until the dough is very elastic and smooth but still somewhat soft and sticky. Do not knead in flour until all the stickiness disappears.
Butter a 4- to 5-quart mixing bowl with one tablespoon of the remaining butter. Place the dough in the bowl, turn it around to coat it on all sides with the butter, cover it and set it aside to rise about two hours, until it has more than doubled and become very light.
Use the remaining butter to grease two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2-inch loaf pans. Punch the dough down, divide it in half and form each piece into a fat cylinder that will fit into the pans. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise about an hour, until the dough has doubled.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat the remaining egg yolk with the sugar and milk and gently brush this glaze on the tops of the loaves. Place in the oven and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the loaves have risen and browned.
Remove the pans from the oven, place them on racks and allow to cool 10 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pans and continue cooling completely before slicing.

Rising time depends on inside temp and humidity. If it's hot and humid, the dough rises like an alien being. I also knead after the first rising-it makes the dough easier to handle.

If you want to add chocolate chips, find the smallest size chip possible and stir them in before the first rising or knead them in carefully after.

If you prefer the traditional rolls, divide the dough in quarters. Each quarter should be divided into 4 balls and put on a cookie sheet or in cupcake cups. The last quarter should be divided into 12 small balls and used to top the larger one-make an indentation.

Baking time for the rolls is about 25 minutes-watch carefully-you may need a few minutes more or less.

Ooh imma bout to flex my baking muscles. Spices oatmeal raisin cookies and finish off my chicken noodle soup.

Whats wrong with a jar of three month old jellybabies? ballocks alle oye reckonne.

Hell send em down and I'd sit with my mouth (assuming you delivered them personally of course sadie) primed next to the letterbox and you could just pour them in.

And NO I'm not going to sit there with my gob open for the rest of you, I know what'd come through that letterbox if a bunch of EADD'ers copped wind of the opportunity. It's either that 40 liters of acetone,, 20l of dichloromethane, a tub of potassium permanganate, with several liters of nearly 90% phosphoric acid and some methyl cyanide to wash it all down with, plus other assorted solvents dotted here and there.

Quite honestly, I'd really much prefer the jellybabies. Or Sadie to take her knickers off and like HER box up with my letterbox. That'd be tastier than even the jellybabies. Or better still, why not combine the two. Sorry sham:p *makes a tongue-wiggling gesture between fingers and a seedy, and definitely obscene kind of ululant noise.

About to scran on a pot of chilli. The leftovers of the beef and kidney bean chilli my old man made the other day, that I, ahem, snuck into the kitchen whilst he was not attending said chilli, and whacked a couple of big heaping spoonfuls of my fly agaric and peppery boletus-based special steak spice mixture in there. He still hasn't a clue about that, but he certainly raised no compaints about the taste.

Also nibbling some tubes of parma violet candies and a bag of irn bru boiled sweets.

Last edited:
Now you're making me blush Limpet. C'mon Man! ;) <3

FYI, for the first time in my baking history I managed to fuck up my cookies in epic style. The taste was there and that's about it.

So disappointed in myself. I hang my head in baking shame.

I must cake, bake and make to redeem myself. Hawaiian wedding cake, Peanut butter cups, pumpkin pie and spiced banana bread with walnuts.

Gonna have to buy proper measuring spoons. Sham thinks I fucked up with the bi carb. So easy to do. I've got some delicious granola for yogurt though. Pewter linings an all that...

Tbf, afink it was quite obvious. He did help me try to redeem them but I had to go out tonight so the rest of the batch is in the fridge.

Tbf, I didn't think the proportions were right. It didn't look right and a drop cookie is usually refrigerated to stiffen the batter.

( stiffen the batter :D)

Tbf, afink it was quite obvious. He did help me try to redeem them but I had to go out tonight so the rest of the batch is in the fridge.

Tbf, I didn't think the proportions were right. It didn't look right and a drop cookie is usually refrigerated to stiffen the batter.

( stiffen the batter :D)

I'm not commenting on Sham's or your kitchen skillz... just the fact that it just happened to be that ingredient. When I briefly baked cookies as a youngster, there was a couple of occasions where I 'fucked up with the bi - carb'.

To combination quote a rather famous piece of performance art with strong associations to Scotland...

"peewer as the drivun snow... nae bi - carb!"

Status
Not open for further replies.