What Are You Listening To Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omg! Too funny! I hadn’t heard this song in Years and yesterday it popped up in my music random. It reminds me of listening to that entire album while house cleaning on Saturdays when my ex and I lived in England. ?

Loves me some James! The only man to sing in falsetto I’ve ever been attracted to. Lol

Everyone else seemed to be listening to Dio, Dokken, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue., etc.

Guns 'n' Roses and Metallica are the only metal bands that I really liked, because they took chances and let their sound evolve instead of just "sticking with the formula".
Are you midwestern by chance?

It is sad that her solo carrier remained as "one hit wonder". Yes, I know her collaboration with Mike Oldfield - "Moonlight Shadow" is a good song too. People don't know any other songs from her solo albums if they are not familiar with her albums. She should have got more hits but I guess there was so much in the early 90's .... Mariah Carey, Madonna, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Alice in Chains, and many other ones, she never broke through the roof.

have been a fan of Skid Row since the first time i heard them. This is my favorite Skid Row song.
Remember that.
Ah, the hair! On that note, lets put the lotion in the basket:

... and euphemisms.

Last edited:
Remember that.

... and euphemisms.

I like Van Hagar more than Van Roth. Roth was a hair spray type and Hagar was more manly, but each was epic in their own right.

Remember that.

... and euphemisms.

When I was 16 (1992) I paid £16 in a Virgin Megastore for the Point Break soundtrack, just for this song (there were a couple others on there that were ok too, luckily). Imagine trying to explain that to a 16 year old today! Ratt and Point Break . One of the last songs of a great generation .

I'm listening to Ugly Casanova, the name of the album is "Sharpen Your Teeth". Ugly Casanova was a side band from Isaac Brock, the singer of Modest Mouse.

I love Isaac Brock's voice.

Ugly Casanova - Ice On the Sheets

Ugly Casanova - Barnacles

Last edited:
Remember that.

... and euphemisms.

MICKEY ROURKE is my favourite actor for over 30 years. He has such an amazing screen presence. He was so handsome back in day..9 1/2weeks, Wild Orchid, Angel Heart, Johnny Handsome ...we were all in love with him. He was the man with the greatest sex appeal! I love you Mickey and always will.

The Breeders -- Invisible Man

The Breeders are a sick band. The lead played for Pixies, which are arguably one of the most interesting punk bands ever, musically.

Slint -- Good Morning Captain

Slint are a band that I discovered today. They make good fuckin punk, as well, but they're a bit experimental, too. Kinda Fugazi-ish.

Hope someone enjoys. : )

Before NCIS, CSI Miami, Criminal Minds.. and so on.... we had Crockett and Tubbs!! When men were men..... 1980's. Don Johnson was the epitome of sexy mysterious man in Florida who lived on a boat and drove hot cars.

"Rumors are spreading all over my town
But it's just stones and sticks
Upon the microphone is where I go to get my fix

Just let the lovin' take a hold 'cause it will if you let it
I'm funky not a junkie but I know where to get it
No trouble no fuss I know why

It's so nice I want to hear the same song twice
It's so nice I want to hear the same song twice"

"These fit like clothes made out of wasps,
Aww, fuck it! I guess I lost."

Modest Mouse - Parting Of the Sensory

Woah. Hadn't heard any of his stuff with other bands. I like it!

Glad you like it! Here's another great one.

Ugly Casanova - Pacifico

"They'd said they'd give me everything
Here's the part that made me laugh
They didn't give me anything
And then they took half of that
Sharpen your teeth
Or lay flat

You'd said you'd play clean
Oh, what a load of crap
By the time that you were through with me
I had to take a bath
So sharpen your teeth
Or lay flat

They said it'd go good for me
Rain diamonds and all that
I stood out in the downpour
Getting hit by broken glass
So sharpen your teeth
Or lay flat

Sharpen your teeth
Or lay flat

Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico
Pacifico"

My favourite song from Aerosmith. DREAM ON! THIS SONG MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.