• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction What are the very best NONbenzo anxiety medications out there? I'm falling apart.

you know my bad on the totally off-topic replies i'm not quite certain what i'm doing anymore but i'm gonna go ahead and take half a benzo to knock myself down a few notches. been up 2 days and i'm still driving my mother to the clinic in 3-4 hours to get stitches removed or hopefully not because it doesnt seem like her surgery has healed enough just yet to me but i don't even know what i know right now. have a good morning BL.

whats so bad with daily phenibut compared to pregab? i can state for the record i haven't ever had a negative experience when running out of pregabalin but i'm also on alot of other shit so there's that, i'm gonna be getting phenibut for the first time in a few days how does it differ from regular high-dose pregabalin/pentin ?
The difference is with gabapentin and pregabalin usually a dose Gets You Through a full 24 hours with zero chance of withdrawals. When you start taking daily phenibut at comparable dosages it wears off about every 4 hours, you'll find yourself dosing to go to bed and waking up and needing to dose again first thing in the morning just to not feel like s***. It's like comparing H habit to a fentanyl habit. Obviously not in potency I'm just comparing its habitual redosing.

In my experience phenibut lasts longer than gabapentin, I take it, say, at noon, and I still feel it until noon the next day, or longer. I used to take it every day for a year and it still was like that. I only ever took it once a day (well I take my dose divided into a few doses an hour apart but...)

Some people get affected by phenibut totally differently. Me and my friends and seems like most people I talk to find that it takes 4-5 hours to fully hit, and lasts at least 24 hours. But I have read of some people finding it to hit much faster and wear off much faster.

In my experience phenibut lasts longer than gabapentin, I take it, say, at noon, and I still feel it until noon the next day, or longer. I used to take it every day for a year and it still was like that. I only ever took it once a day (well I take my dose divided into a few doses an hour apart but...)

Some people get affected by phenibut totally differently. Me and my friends and seems like most people I talk to find that it takes 4-5 hours to fully hit, and lasts at least 24 hours.
But I have read of some people finding it to hit much faster and wear off much faster.
It can work similar for me...

There have been times when I've taken Phenibut on a Saturday afternoon, not felt anything, went to bed later that night, and woke up Sunday morning completely wrecked - puking my head off.

It can work similar for me...

There have been times when I've taken Phenibut on a Saturday afternoon, not felt anything, went to bed later that night, and woke up Sunday morning completely wrecked - puking my head off.
That is a at one point in time I too was taking it every day and I work my way up to sometimes 8 grams a day in one dose if you can imagine you're tolerance just continues to grow with this drug. One day I said f*** it and took about three-quarters of a tablespoon when I didn't know much about the drug even though my tolerance was through the roof. Long story short I ended up blacking out leaving my house in my bare feet. I walked all the way about two and a half miles to the center of town. I must have been dragging my foot because the toenails on my last two toes we're ripped completely off I woke up in a hospital an ambulance had picked me up, I blacked out for probably another 6 hours, woke up puking my ass off with everyone that had dealt with me in the ER scratching their heads as to what the f*** happened because I had no drugs in my urine screen. lmao I told them that I ate a whole thing of strawberries and must have had an allergic reaction lmao, there was no other explanation so they went with it. That experience was f****** awful I learned my lesson lol.

They have this plant based medicine here called Passiflora which I think is the Latin name for Passion Flower. It works very well for anxiety, anger and high blood pressure. I think passion flower or passion flower in combination with Hydroxyzine could be a good anxiety reliever. They also use Passiflora in combination with Clonidine during acute opiate withdrawal and this combination is proven to be much better than Clonidine alone during withdrawal.

... alot of people have said its odd that i'm able to functionally use stims while in wd, but we're all different, i'm able to keep almost 90% of wd away while i smoke crack...

I met a guy at NYC Bellevue Hospital during a stay for Heroin withdrawal and he used to say that he used crack for Heroin withdrawal which took all his symptoms away. The reason he came there for Methadone was not having the money to get crack that was enough for 4-5 days of non-stop smoking. At the time I didn't believe him because I just couldn't imagine doing that while withdrawling and these places are full of bullshitters but after that I have heard many claiming the same. It obviously works for some. Never tried it myself though. Would like to try.

Vigorous exercise 5-6 days per week, pregabalin several times a week, and meditation/prayer. I am considering adding CDB edibles for sleep, too.

Really...It just made me extremely letharic.Now Fioricet helped alot...I once overdosed on phenobarbital I could hardly walk to save my life...
I agree, and was also somewhat surprised to see it recommended so strongly. I didn't think it was too common at all until I worked for a small pharmaceutical specials manufacturer who focused primarily on paediatric medicines and formulations for those with severe disabilities (i.e. Liquid oral dosage forms, supositories etc...) And we had no end of orders for phenobarb suspensions, and choral hydrate suspensions and supositories.

They have this plant based medicine here called Passiflora which I think is the Latin name for Passion Flower. It works very well for anxiety, anger and high blood pressure. I think passion flower or passion flower in combination with Hydroxyzine could be a good anxiety reliever. They also use Passiflora in combination with Clonidine during acute opiate withdrawal and this combination is proven to be much better than Clonidine alone during withdrawal.

I met a guy at NYC Bellevue Hospital during a stay for Heroin withdrawal and he used to say that he used crack for Heroin withdrawal which took all his symptoms away. The reason he came there for Methadone was not having the money to get crack that was enough for 4-5 days of non-stop smoking. At the time I didn't believe him because I just couldn't imagine doing that while withdrawling and these places are full of bullshitters but after that I have heard many claiming the same. It obviously works for some. Never tried it myself though. Would like to try.
well to be honest you probably want to keep it as a last resort, i say that as a friendly BL'r who probably smokes too much as is but assuming you also have some sort of chronic pain, if you don't have a decent handle on your coke use smoking crack in wd can be extremely fiendish, ive gone through 17 grams in 4 and a half days not that i had a bad time though but i prefer to cap my coke to 2 days because i've noticed i'm not sure if its the sleep deprivation or what but, past 48 hours i tend to shorten that span between hits from 20-40min to 5-20min tops which i've yet to have issues with but as you can imagine it is rather expensive ....but it does genuinely do the trick,
id reccomend NOT drinking if you're gonna smoke coke in withdrawal though trust me on that one the booze won't actually add to anything but will dull how well the coke works for your wd, i'm glad to finally read of another case on par with mine with regards to this though

I agree about not drinking during withdrawal. If I did use crack for opiate withdrawal, I would definitely use Alprazolam & Clonazepam or Diazepam with it. Alprazolam works great for anxiety/ panic and I enjoy how it gets rid of nearly all bad effects when used with IV cocaine or crack. The problem is that it works just for a few hours. That's why I like combining a long acting benzodiazepine with it.

You are right about the expense but if it worked for me during opiate withdrawal, I wouldn't care about the cost at all.

When I was at the beginning of my heroin dependency, maybe on my 2nd or 3rd cold turkey, I remember using methamphetamine starting from the 2nd day for a few days then went on partying with MDMA + lots of weed. That time was my mist comfortable and actually fun withdrawal. Those days, I was very new at my addiction what could be the reason why it worked. As we all know, withdrawals become much more intense every time we attempt stopping so I don't think that it would work as well these days if I was still addicted to H.

I've never had any WD with stimulants whatsoever. I've had several periods in my life when I've used about 1g of (83% pure) amphetamine sulphate every day for like 3 months and when I stopped, I'd get an incredibly need for sleep, sleep a good 36 hours straight, and then be completely normal. Is that unusual?
i get extremely tired when i run out of medicine (adderall).. it's the worst. it lasts for days

i get extremely tired when i run out of medicine (adderall).. it's the worst. it lasts for days

When amphetamines, like Adderall I get the most incredibly overwhelming need for sleep (I imagine it to be similar to what people with narcolepsy experience)...like I physically could not remain awake...and then I sleep for like 36-38 hours straight. After that I wake up back to normal.

Your normal subs dose with gabapentin and if needed a long acting benzo like diazepam, bromazepam or clonazepam. And then just keep benzos to the lowest dosage like once a day of diazepam, bromazepam or clomazepam.

Thays what i will do but each to our own

Oh and z drugs are also an option

Last edited:
When amphetamines, like Adderall I get the most incredibly overwhelming need for sleep (I imagine it to be similar to what people with narcolepsy experience)...like I physically could not remain awake...and then I sleep for like 36-38 hours straight. After that I wake up back to normal.
I think i need to find a better amphetamine. It's not easy to get this stuff these days over here