• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What’s the longest time you were without sex?

So after first having sex at 17 and going to rehab at age 25 I think I went over a year - 9 months in rehab and a few before that as heroin takes a massive presidency over sex. Then more recently a year of self enforced celibacy to get my life back on track and address the important issues that needed sorting out. Which worked amazingly well…got off the booze, built a stronger relationship with my daughters, focused my mind on work and can now actually operate as a deputy manager to a degree I didn’t think possible a year ago. Oh, and have begun a relationship with someone I never knew I could love this much.

Last edited:
Completely off-topic:

I get the Pavlovian concept, but for me the pairing was always more music and weed. I still listen to music and smoke weed. I'll even do one without the other.

I don't spend as much time listening to music now. A few tracks here and there. Very rarely an entire album.

But this decline in interest has been going on for years, which i've mostly spent drinking and drugging. People change.

100% agreed, but not relevant to my decision to quit pretending to be an artist. I used to love making underground music with no regard to the time, energy and money i invested in it. Opportunistic artists too eager for money and fame annoyed me to no end. They still would if i actually gave a damn.

Played guitar for 25 or so years with a hiatus here or there due to alcoholism and homelessness among other things. I spent most of my free time with a guitar in my hands as a teen. I can hold my own as a player (one thing that makes quitting easier is that it's not terminal, i've had no interest in developing as a player for years but i neither regress all that much if i put it down for even extended times.) but was always more interested in writing.

Problem is, when i listen to the bands i played with and especially the shit i wrote, i literally regret ever playing/writing that shit. I don't care for the style of music i used to play anymore, and it's the only style i'm confident playing because i know the idiom well. I also realize i was never much of a writer and wish my weak shit never got released.

My lyrics were a bit more decent, but too much in line with the style i used to play to really be of much use anywhere else. Got two offers from people who would like to make music to my lyrics, but ended up declining both.

I could play guitar or bass or even scream for a band with someone else doing the writing, but i hate performing live. I'll play for a studio project if they'll have me, but i'm not interested in actively seeking out a band or musicians. I considered musicians an annoying bunch even back when i was one.

I recently sold my last guitar to a former bandmate after having it gather dust for months. I felt relieved that i am no longer wasting time, energy or money on a thing i lost the passion for years ago. Kinda like being glad to be single again.

Music used to be an obsession for me (as both fan and wannabe artist) and i now realize it was an unhealthy one. There is more to life than geeking out over music when you're not 16 anymore. I just feel it's time for me to either figure out something more useful to do or stop wasting oxygen.
Man this is so close to my experience as a guitar player. Only difference is I’ve found the love for it again and recently upgraded my rig to be able to play again and am actively going about putting a band together to do so. Once I put down the booze and stopped being in active addiction my hypomania kicked back in and I’m now mentally flying into new opportunities. Can’t fucking wait to be cranking my amp and making some noise.

Certainly agree that musicians can be an annoying bunch (including me) but feel that’s part of the territory and I need to navigate it differently this time. Decided to stick my Mark E Smith head on and get brutal about who I play with and why.

I also have a similar experience with playing guitar. There are parallels to playing guitar and playing the dating game.

I felt relieved that i am no longer wasting time, energy or money on a thing i lost the passion for years ago. Kinda like being glad to be single again.
It's important to allow yourself to change. It's easy to rest on previous experiences as a standard for how you feel but it's also dangerous.

We can make assumptions about ourselves just as easily as we make assumptions about other people. It's a tough pill to swallow but often times we truly are our own worst enemy.

Also similar with the guitar! Just looking at the bastard right now sitting unloved in a corner of the room.

I've always had phases with it, quite like sex. On/off, but when it's on - it's on

hmmm am now wondering if there's any correlation between the two and am getting the feeling that I play more guitar when active sexually maybe

3 - 4 years I think... You just get used to it. Have you ever used a fleshlight? Once you do there is no coming back.

I’ll admit that I perpetually go celibate about a year at a time. I’m not in a relationship now. I feel quite a lot of apprehension regarding much of the modern dating game or what it’s become. I’m quite shy by nature when it comes to romantic interest. I’m not on any online dating app as I believe it’s bad for my mental health and I currently won’t compromise. I don’t love going out on the town. And I have very low self-esteem which has stayed with me for much of my life -although I’m good at hiding it. So this is the predicament I’m in.

The longest I've been without sex is many months, maybe a year?

The longest I've been without sex or masturbation... not very long. Less than a month, definitely. I find this (complete sexual abstinence) harder than any drug. It gets harder - not easier - as time goes on. I'm trying to do a couple of weeks at the moment and I'm only on day 2. Woke up with a raging hard on that wouldn't go away. Was literally dreaming about jerking off, thinking (in the dream) that I've already fucked up my abstinence attempt. When I get to the week mark, I will start cumming in my sleep. Always happens.

I don't want kids and feel no need to chase money or social status, so i bring nothing to the table for a potential relationship either.
Don’t think this way! Lots of women ALSO don’t want kids and aren’t impressed by material things. They just want to love and be loved. I am sure you would bring lots of joy to the right woman :)

A couple years. Nobody trips in Connecticut so my journeys have lead to just seeing through everybody's ego bullshit and wondering why I'm the only one who's spent even 5 seconds away from my ego. I mean, my ego came right back so I act like everybody else but I know its tricks which makes everybody boring.

That's what everyone says. Experience tells me otherwise. Our culture is extremely materialistic and hedonistic, and women are no exception. The good girls generally do want a family and the rest are hoes. Ofc there are exceptions, but i don't feel like looking for the needle in the haystack is worth all the disappointment.

I used to be quite the romantic, but a couple of decades of failed relationships killed that. I could just get on Tinder and hook up with random chicks, but like i said, that doesn't really work for me either. I don't look for love because it's already there, in the form of close friends i can trust.

A man's best friend is still a greasy hand.
Maybe SOME women are materialistic. Personally, I couldn’t care less about how much someone has in the bank. I’ve actually found that the people who have more are less kind and generous than the people who have less. Obviously that’s a gross oversimplification, but ime the friends I have who are broke would give you the shirt off their backs, whereas people I know who are well-off are stingy and miserly. Not to mention entitled af. I mean, obviously don’t be a lazy deadbeat, but I’ve also noticed that poor people work harder for less pay. It’s an unfair system.

Don’t give up hope just yet…perhaps the best is yet to come? :)