• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Warning about new party drug in Sydney-Red mitsibishi

testing kits

Thanks to all who provided information and insults! Have found a shop in Sydney that sells them so hopefully we got the good ones!

Cheers

Incase there are people who think this is all crap. There were two overdoses in St Vincents Hospital last weekend involving these PMA pills. They were the first pill related OD's they have seen in years. They are quite worried at the moment, especially with the long weekend.

I personally had one last weekend, unbeknown to myself. Normally I double drop when I do take pills and I am so glad I didn't this time. The pill hit me really strong, but didnt last all that long, very classic PMA effects from what I have read. I am just glad I didn't get the opportunity to double drop because we didnt have the numbers.

On a side note it was PMA and DMX that caused some goverments in Europe to offer free pill testing in the 90's. PMA has attributed to alot more drug related deaths then MDMA, etc. There are six recorded PMA deaths in South Australia alone.

satricion said:
If a pill contains MDMA *and* PMA then it will test up as MDMA with a marquis reagent and probably with a mandelin as well.

To be honest I doubt the red mitsubishi's contain PMA...more likely a bunch of people had pills that were stronger than they're used to and went to hospital saying they'd taking a "bad eckie" or something. Has anyone done a GCMS on any of these pills?

Regardless of my scepticism, this warning is enough to make me stay away from those red mitsis.

Are you kidding your self or what???? ID be damned sure they would of lab tested these by now, and would think they would just say there PMA for the hell of it.

Re: testing kits in sydney

karatekid71 said:
does anyone know where we can get a testing kit in a shop in Sydney? Have red mitzis for the long weekend and cant wait for australia post to deliver the kit!

Cheers

Central station records oxford st darlinhurst. they have then and the have the one that is need to test PMA.

The problem is that no test kit can distinguish between MDA and PMA, and MDA is common in australian pills (by itself or as a MDMA/MDA mix), and so a lot of pills will test positive =\

Enlighten tested some red mitsubishi's today and the results were:

Marquis: Standard MDxx reaction
Mandelin: Standard MDxx reaction
Simons: Blue.
Robadope: No Reaction.

This also explains why many people who have had red mitsubishis over the last few weeks have not had any health problems.

If you can obtain Red mitsibishi's that test up exactly as the ones enlighten tested. I guess you could safley say that no PMxx as a Primary Amine is present. Im assuming that the tests were carried out in Melbourne ?

VelocideX said:
The problem is that no test kit can distinguish between MDA and PMA, and MDA is common in australian pills (by itself or as a MDMA/MDA mix), and so a lot of pills will test positive =\

However i would leave any Red Misubishi's that test positve for a Primary Amine out of the question.It could be MDxx but it also could be PMA.

Last edited:
Cowboy Mac, can you please provide a physical description of the pill tested by Enlighten? I know you're trying to stop people seeking out red mitsubishis at all, but I still think more information is better than none.

pfft

This is a absolute joke - you should be testing ur pills anyhow and it looks like there are two batches because the last 3 weeks running everyone i know who has taken them in melbourne has loved them with no bad scares like this.

Now keep it safe but don't go letting the media who over dramatise things to the max.

If you know what your doing then you will be fine but golden rule is to test. I know i am still going to be dropping the ones i have saved for this weekend.

It seems i have come accross many, many red mitsubishis.

All the ones i have seen have been EZ-Test Extreme tested AND show no signs of PMA/MDA etc. These ones are pinkish in colour and have a domed, scored back.

smiggy said:
I'm yet to use a testing kit, but will be doing so in the very near future.

It's my understanding that the mandelin reagent should display MDMA as Purple/Black, and PMA as Green to Brown. Are you saying that if the content of MDMA significantly outweighs the content of PMA, the 'Green to Brown' won't show up at all?

This is the reason why the two basic kits that are most commonly available from tobaconists and stuff aren't really adequate if you want to avoid PMA. I would assume that the chemical that reacts with MDMA would go purple/black, and the bit that reacts with the PMA in the hypothetical pill would go green/brown. The problem is that with the mandelin reagent, when you're testing a pill like this, what you'll get is a mixture of colours, and as anyone who knows their shit will tell you, trying to tell the contents of a pill that contains more than one active chemical by the smudge of colour in a mandelin reagent test is not a good way of doing things.

I've also heard that even a small amount of MDMA can obscure a PMA result in a mandelin reagent...can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by aunty establishment
Cowboy Mac, can you please provide a physical description of the pill tested by Enlighten? I know you're trying to stop people seeking out red mitsubishis at all, but I still think more information is better than none.

I agree, but only the kits were on hand, not the full setup. The pills were red, had a slight top bevel, eliptial score on the back, some also had a deeper score (both tested the same). They looked exactly the same as in this pillreport.

Quite possible that some "Australian Local", backyard, Nazi-prick has got his/her hands on a "Pill-Presser"... they're not as hard to come-by in this day and age on the Illicit Black Market and alot of those that are in the "trade" of Illicit drug-trafficking, would see one of these "Pill-Pressers" as quiete a hefty little investment.

The Illicit pill trade has been rampant with these "Mitzubishi" logos for years now and there is no doubt about it, that when the first "Mitzubishis" EVER reported to float around the European market, that it had come known to those in the trade, that the "Mitzubishi" logo could turn out to reap in some major profits (obviously due to it's past reputation).

This is a perfect example of... how logos these days DO NOT ensure the quality of a pill. So, even by "word-of-mouth" from your friends that, "The red Mitzus fucking rawkk man!!"... or even positive results indicating that currently these pills on the market contain no PMA and a high dose of MDXX doesn't mean anything really.

Once a dealer has access to a "Pill-Presser", this allows them the oppurtunity to cut their products down alot more and simply "re-press" the pill, fooling the customers into thinking they're getting their hands on those "Nice lil' imports from over Holland way".

NQ

I heard about these tonight through word of mouth up here in Townsville. Beware.

sorry Karatekid, reading my msg back it does almost sound like an insult.....i certainly didnt mean that at all, and feel rather stupid. i hope u manage to get a kit for tha weekend.

I also have a couple at home, which I bought after trying a half at a club (i know, i know) - I found it to be a VERY good half, every1 else said the same. Im quite worried about it too - a friend is going back to Japan after this weekend after a year, and she is/waz gunna try it for the first time in her life this weekend - I thought these pills would b the ones! (taken in quarters, not halves). not so sure now......

I hate to be a wet blanket but has any test actually come up as PMA, or can anyone actually quantify that a mix of PMA and MDMA is in these pills?

There are some comments on Pillreports from the guys friends who said that the guy taken to hospital was very inexperienced (only taken MDMA on 5 occasions) and had double dropped and then taken a third an hour later.

By no means am I saying to be lazy with your testing, or to treat this as media hype, but I'm still yet to see proof that the pills in question contain PMA, and proof is what this site is all about. Not just hearsay and rumour.

I was thinking the same thing.

From the responses to this thread I gather that a pretty big amount of these pills have been consumed, surely there should be more cases of PMA related medical problems?

Originally posted by Minerva
I was thinking the same thing.

From the responses to this thread I gather that a pretty big amount of these pills have been consumed, surely there should be more cases of PMA related medical problems?

Unless a copycat batch was just released containing PMA.

Does anyone know what the suspected copycat batch looks like? Apart from its red and has a mitsubishi logo on it. Does it look EXACTLY the same or are there differences?

this suks any word on the red Miztabitchis that are in perth at the moment there very strong but we have had them the l8ly and found them to be really good pills hmm might have to get sum tested!

streetsurfer said:
I nursed one of the people that took what they reported as red mitsibishis, I am a nurse. Medical staff are treating this person for an overdose of PMA. I have not seen a toxicology report myself, the urine drug screen tested positive for amphetamines. Thats all I can tell you.

Sounds identical to a patient I had a few months ago who we also suspected of PMA. So glad I am coming back from the US just in time for this!

cheers,

buck