Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Warning about new party drug in Sydney-Red mitsibishi

^^ sigh your not very bright are you?

See where the article is sourced from?

they only have about 20 contact numbers etc on there.

They are a harm minimisation group as well. Though been in hte gay community party scene you will never know how much of what the people in hospital really took.

Probably just a bad cocktail mix in the end.

After their initial run many years ago, I believe the mistsubishi logo was one of the most copied ever. Here is a reference to red mitsusbishis and pma so it looks like it's been done before.

It'll be interesting to find out what Enlighten turn up.

enlighten information c/o dr. caldicott

Enlighten has been in contact with Dr. David Caldicott (drplatypus), regarding the recent possible PMA overdoses, he is considered one of Australia's leading experts on PMA. A PMA paper of his can be downloaded here. [2.74MB]

He has contacted those involved and has advised me that there have been no toxicology reports, so the possible PMA overdoses have been based on symptoms alone. It is unclear if there is a batch of Red Mitsubishi's containing PMA or PMMA, however it seems there is some PMA or PMMA being sold in some form in Sydney. This means it may be sold as other tablets/capsules. Please be aware this is a very real threat, and do all you can to reduce the risks involved by reagent testing your pills combined with reading anecdotal reports from pillreports.com. That being said it cannot be conclusively proven until a toxicology sample has been taken.

It is not clear what information the ACON media release is based on, but it may be joining dots rather than basing it on any conclusive data. That being said it is still wise to err on the side of caution.

If any further information comes to light I'll post it up.

Last edited:
This is Legit!!

I have nursed one of the patients at st vincents after taking two of what he discribed Red Miztabitchis he collapsed and went into HYPERthermia for 3 days, He got so hot it looks like there has been permanent damage done to his muscles.

He totally denied any other drug and I really grilled him about it! BUT, he says friends of his took them as well and they are ok, so I am unsure what to make of that

Please be careful if u are going to take these pills guys guys.

^^
If a pill contains 120mg of MDMA and 40mg of PMA then it will test up as MDMA with a mandelin reagent.

From what I have read it seems like you would prob be ok if you didn't double dump so you could wait and see how you react to them and maybe spaced them out with some other pills....??? Opinions??

^^It is so not worth the risk. I wouldnt even think of messing with any dose of PMxx, it's not a very pleasurable drug!. The actions of PMxx are to mysterious and a bump of PMxx could be enough to write you off as oposed to a slightly larger dose in other victims. Its to hard to determine the larger dosed amine present even with mandelin. Using all the reagents however would be a much better indication.

Streetsurfer are you saying you were with someone that had red mitsibishis and then ran into trouble? There was no confirmation that the red mitsibishis actually contained PMA or that the person even injested PMA?

By no means am I suggesting there isnt a batch of PMA about or that anyone shouldn't be testing any red mitsibishis they come across(you should be testing all your pills anyway), but I'd just like to clear up what is just speculation and what is proven fact.

Last edited:
I nursed one of the people that took what they reported as red mitsibishis, I am a nurse. Medical staff are treating this person for an overdose of PMA. I have not seen a toxicology report myself, the urine drug screen tested positive for amphetamines. Thats all I can tell you.

Red MItzi's

Its pretty clear,not only from feedback but also from reagent tests that there were a batch of high quality MDMA red MItzi's floating around. However it is funny that there has been talk about these PMA Red Mitzi's for atleast a wk. Im pretty sure it was brought up in Pillreports aswell.

WE ALL KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF TESTING...
but why dont we all go back to basics, i know there are a batch of RM with a score and another with out a Score. The ones with a score i and many others have all tried, tested and pulled up fine. Recently a batch without a score has arrived in Adelaide, ID ASK ANYONE WHO CAN GET A HOLD OF THESE TEST EM FIRST. Its possible they could be PMA...il do my best to try and resolve this aswell but any1 who can shed lite on the situation speak up.

Has any1 tested or sampled the REd MItzi's without a score??

this is only speculation so dont post BS replies it just seems a very wierd coinsedence (spellin? ) and no more PMA referals to Adelaide
:p

news article

Toxic drug warning for party goers
By Nick O'Malley
September 30, 2004

A hallucinogen sold in pill form and mistakenly taken by party-goers as ecstasy has caused a series of collapses and one near-fatality in inner Sydney, causing alarm at St Vincent's Hospital's emergency department.

"It's a toxic, nasty drug," said Gordian Fulde, director of emergency medicine, describing para-methoxyamphetamine, or PMA.

Last Friday night, a man whose temperature had soared into the 40s - 41 degrees is considered serious hyperthermia - almost died as doctors fought to resuscitate him in the hospital's intensive care ward.

"We got him around but it was touch-and-go there for at least 24 hours," Professor Fulde said.

As with a handful of other overdose victims treated over the past two weeks, he believes the man had taken the hallucinogenic stimulant, which increases blood pressure, temperature and pulse rates.

"When it goes bad it acts very differently on the patient than any of the other [recreational] drugs. None of the other ones melt you down like that," Professor Fulde said. "Basically what happens is you just cook from inside. The actual machinery inside each cell just melts down and bursts and that is the end of it."

The victims told doctors they had taken red ecstasy-type pills, stamped with the three-triangled Mitsubishi symbol.

Websites around the world carry warnings stretching as far back as 2001 of red Mitsubishi pills causing PMA overdoses and in some cases death.

The AIDS Council of NSW yesterday issued a warning about the drug, fearing people attending this weekend's Sleaze Ball, and its associated recovery parties, may be at risk.

"ACON's harm minimisation messages in the lead-up to this weekend's Sleaze 2004 have focussed on crystal meth and GHB, but the appearance of this relatively new drug is of major concern. We would urge everyone to be extremely cautious," said the council's chief executive, Stevie Clayton.

Because the onset of the psychoactive affect of PMA is slow compared with MDMA, or ecstasy, some users are taking second and third doses before their first even hits them.

Compounding the problem for emergency teams, one of most common drugs used in the resuscitation and intubation of overdose victims reacts with PMA, amplifying its effects.

Professor Fulde believes other victims with milder reactions may have passed through the St Vincent's emergency department. He has briefed staff on how to detect and treat overdose patients, but formal protocols have yet to be drawn up.

"St Vincent's now knows PMA," he said yesterday.

Professor Fulde was first alerted to the drug's presence in Australia by David Caldicott, an emergency research fellow at Royal Adelaide Hospital, who warned of a recent police seizure.

Dr Caldicott co-wrote a research paper on PMA after its use in Adelaide in 2000 left one young man dead. He says the Sydney experience should sound warning bells in emergency departments Australia-wide.

"It is not only alarming for the person who has overdosed, it is also alarming for the medical professional as well.

"You do not expect these kids to die, and they will, and there is nothing scarier than watching people's lives slip between your hands, it is absolutely traumatic for the medical people involved," he said. "If [Sydney doctors] have a PMA problem on their hands, they have a big problem on their hands."

IN A SPIN

The effects of Red Mitsubishi

- Increase in energy (stimulation)
- Minor visual hallucinations
- General change in consciousness (as with most psychoactives)
- Pupil dilation
- Erratic eye movements
- Muscle spasms
- Increased blood temperature
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased body temperature (fever)
- Increased pulse rate
- Laboured breathing
- Nausea and vomiting
-Convulsions, coma and death

Source: SMH

satricion said:
^^
If a pill contains 120mg of MDMA and 40mg of PMA then it will test up as MDMA with a mandelin reagent.

I'm yet to use a testing kit, but will be doing so in the very near future.

It's my understanding that the mandelin reagent should display MDMA as Purple/Black, and PMA as Green to Brown. Are you saying that if the content of MDMA significantly outweighs the content of PMA, the 'Green to Brown' won't show up at all?

I was just listening to the radio and heard a report, warning that Red Mitsubishi's are being sold in clubs that contain PMA,
I am in Melbourne by the way, dose anyone know if these Red Mits have made it to melbourne??

I can't comment on the Sydney ones, since I'm not there and haven't tested them.

However, I have tested a bunch of Red Mitzi's in Melbourne, and across 6 of them tested, the Marquis test shows a strong indication of MDxx. I'm waiting on the rest of my testers to arrive before I can do a full test with all the reagents.

Reports back from people I trust, who have consumed the same mitzis from the same source have said that they are appear to be a solid hit of MDxx, and people who are not regular droppers would be better off starting with just a half.

Having said that, I trust these people because I know them, I wouldn't expect anyone here to rely on friend of a friend evidence as conclusive. Always test your drugs people!

I'll post again when I have the results of the other reagent tests.

lazyboy said:
^^ sigh your not very bright are you?

See where the article is sourced from?

they only have about 20 contact numbers etc on there.

20 numbers on the original post, good on ya.... please point these numbers out to me....

and you say i'm not very bright... 8(

if someone is gonna post a media release, at least post a link to the original source...

doofus.... 8(

Dodgy Red Mitsubishis in Melbourne

Neews on Nova this morning that a bad batch of Red Mistsubishis has made their way to Melbourne. They are sold as MDMA but they are actually PMA. My friend actually had one of these last Sturday night and I wasnt sure untill now why he had such a bad reaction. These pills look exactly like normal red Mitsi. They have a much shorter peak rate thou (about 45 minutes for my friend) after that the come down is normal untill the next day. On Sunday my friend had really high blood pressure, high body temp. that kept fluctuating and slowed breathing. he also had lowered blood glucose levels but I don't see how that can be related. Just be carefull people. test your pills if you can if you can just steer clear 8)

Has anyone seen the new mitsubishi's which are said to contain pma? Are they exactly the same as the first batch or are there any slight differences?