• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 415: Animals In Nature

Please review all of the submissions from the first post and vote for your favorite!

• 1. ions

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 2. Mr. Krinkle

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 3. kiely

• 4. Xorkoth

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 5. Jerry Atrick

• 6. negrogesic

• 7. Ton Croose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. xtcgrrrl

• 9. F.U.B.A.R.

• 10. mal3volent

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 11. Burnt Offerings

• 12. dreamflyer

• 13. Phobos

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 14. JahBeeuS

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 15. Snafu in the Void

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yrz7mYo.jpg

ACvlekn.jpg

cTYjFk3.jpg
Nice! Is that squirrel eating a donut hole?

Love the birds!

Nice! I get a lot of bears in my yard. Black bears though.
I have never seen a bear (that wasn’t in a zoo, poor things) and I want to. From a SAFE DISTANCE that is

I had a mama bear ask me to babysit her cubs once. She brought them out of the back yard (which is is a forest) and onto my deck, we were sitting in front of the french doors in the back, so she brought them right outside the door. One was an infant, its eyes weren't even opened yet. She looked me in the eye, then left them there, and went around the front to eat some garbage. I barely moved, I was like...uh... hey guys, please stay there! I sure as fuckam not gonna chase after you! Then she came back around after ~5 minutes, picked her kids up, looked me in the eye, nodded once, and walked off.

We'd had a lot of positive interactions before this, so she knew me, and apparently trusted me.

I've been surprised by bears 5 feet from me when I was walking up the driveway at night, they were eating my garbage. We looked at each other, he realized I was cool, and kept eating, and I walk by.

Where I live, you get used to the bears.

Hey guys, we should probably wrap this round up soon. let's get any last submissions, and on Monday I'll put it up for voting.

Birds on a rock. I am not a professional bird watcher so I’m uncertain what species these are, just that they are native to Kodiak, AK

They look like some kind of terns. My mom works for the Audubon Society so she could probably tell you.

They look like some kind of terns. My mom works for the Audubon Society so she could probably tell you.
That’s super cool! My mom loves to bird-watch, we have a birdfeeder outside the window that she sits next to, and she likes to look up the names of each type of bird.

I have a new friend, a female duck (mallard) who I call Lucy. She comes with her man, Duncan.

Below is a still from a video I took of Duncan flying:

His wings look like a drawing of an angel's wings:

More Lucy. She is very friendly and I can feed her by hand. She wags her tail when she see's me:

I should submit my high resolution picture of Lucy for this contest though. It's on my DSLR, i need to transfer it to my phone 🤔