• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 409: Minimalism

Please vote for your favorite submission!

• 1. F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. MsDiz

• 3. Littana

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 4. Xorkoth

• 5. Cheshire_Kat

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 6. SnafuInTheVoid

• 7. chinup

• 8. bongdong

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 9. BK38

• 10. ControlDaddy

• 11. mal3volent

• 12. blistersinthedark

• 13. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 14. Wizard of the Creek

• 15. negrogesic

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 16. cduggles

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanx all. :)
I finally found my cable for getting my photos off my camera, but somehow none of the ones I took recently are on there and I can't scroll through photos on the camera itself either, even though the SD card is in there and I can see all the older pictures and take them off. In fact I found a bunch of pictures from when my family and I went to the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park, which is cool. But why can't I see any of the new ones? :\
Strange. Per default, I'm sure the camera would tell you if memory cards are missing, write protected or corrupt. However, some models can be set up so that they appear to work normal even without storage medium, like a demo mode only using the buffer. There is the possibility to protect and also "hide" images too. But these things don't activate themselfs on their own and it should not affect visibility when connected to a computer.

When you take a photo, does it show up on the display afterwards for a while? (The image review function needs to be on for this.)
After the camera was active or in standby, when you press the playback button yourself, only the old images show - no new ones?

Have you connected it to a another computer, notebook etc. (without Nikon software)? I would also pop a different card in the camera, reset to default settings and see what happens. But always format in-camera before use! Have you tried sticking the memory directly into a card reader? In my experience, the USB connectivity with Nikons is very reliable, even with Microsoft OS'; however, I once tried to retain a settings-file which was only possible with a card reader, it just didn't show via USB (..and almost drove me nuts until I figured this out). Why this would be the case with images is beyond my knowledge though. I think doing this should give you more info on how to proceed further.

Greetings.

PS.: Wow, last night it shat down 15cm of snow again. 🌨️ But I don't mind, it will be gone soon and the trees aren't flowering yet, and the spring flowers can take it.

Two possible entries:

fmS2SYc.jpg

KtnebQl.jpg

I love the minimalism of black and white, and I love the Noir filter on my iPhone, it's a very dramatic way to take black and whites. These pictures involve just clouds and trees. My girlfriend and I went on a hike yesterday and I took these.

I love the last one of the tree looking upwards, Xorkoth. That's quite a dramatic composition that suggests motion and strength.

had another look through my old photos to see if any would fit the theme, found a few and think i wanna change my entry but not sure what to? any ideas team?

These are all Iran, Yazd:

Isfahan:

Isfahan 2 (river had been diverted as water was needed in the desert)

Persepolis (prob my favourite for this theme)

I particularly like the second one, good contract and minimal light/detail. The last one is also great for the theme and a great picture.

Two possible entries:

fmS2SYc.jpg

KtnebQl.jpg

I love the minimalism of black and white, and I love the Noir filter on my iPhone, it's a very dramatic way to take black and whites. These pictures involve just clouds and trees. My girlfriend and I went on a hike yesterday and I took these.

These are really good and fit the theme nicely, I like the second one in particular. The texture of the bark in that one and the way it spreads out in to kind of an umbrella against the light backdrop is pretty dramatic for sure.

I'm in the process of deleting my 1,010 posts one-by one after I found the "Testlight" form on Bluelight.org that contained not only my old deleted posts but even my old Avatar/Icon.

I showed a few family members my dream site and now I'm terrified that they will see my old posts about things like drugs and mental illness.

Now if I can only find a way to delete my posts from closed threads and Testlight, maybe I'll be able to sleep at night.

Dreamflyer

Hey buddy, I'm going to PM you.

I particularly love the one with the birds and the sky. :)

@Littana Thought about posting a similar bird-silhouette-thing (only in b&w), but then something else came along. Second one looks like some epipremnum aureum variant? I like them, pretty, but robust and low maintenance..

I particularly love the one with the birds and the sky. :)
yea for a panicky and "stupid typoing(or stupid memory that i had just had put double click powerbutton to open cam when opening the phone" .... if id just had the phone in my hand like i usually do when i come out of door (playing PoGo) .... there would have been like 200+ of those doing the most amazing moves haha (tho fits better in here now :p )