Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shardzvark

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The Wizard of the Creek

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I smashed my mirror
Take care, buddy! Glass can be no joke! If whatever is going on demands some violent/active expression; scream, beat up a pillow, run till your feet hurt, stand in the snow, hurt yourself in a non or not so destructive way if possible. I know, harm reduction is probably the last thing one thinks about in these moments, ..but some actions are irreversible/final! But I guess that's no news for you. Sorry, I wasn't out to preach..

I think I never mentioned this on here before, but in a very low/painful phase in my life, shit erupted in the form of pretty disturbing habits of explicit self-harm for me too. Now it's out. 😐 I didn't know much about all this at the time, except the cultural stereotypes. I'm not exactly 'happy' that I survived this, but I sincerely hope that I never ever have to revisit these states of mind again. :( And I don't think so, but one never knows..

l4mi7ys9.jpg

„Sovereign Jack.“

Fun fact: On 1000ug LSD-25, an alien, tentacled creature with two identical heads and seriously resembling a mini-Cthulu hovered, sat atop the flag, made it home, and then proceeded to bombard my head with cryptic but animated messages from across the other dimension of laser red and dark blue hues. All I could muster to tell it was, „show yourself to me!“. It stayed unmoved and feeding off the Jack's energy. At that second I became the uncontested Lord of all realms.

Last edited:
image-2020-11-10-134357.png

"Hope"

image-2020-11-10-134934.png

"Nightfall" this gotta be the one taking part of this thread

image-2020-11-10-135533.png

image-2020-11-10-135658.png

...no names for the last 2... couldnt make up anything abt the weird alien cloud, wish it would have had the red behind and it would have been Amanita cloud

Last edited:
@Littana Nice, I like the first two. The flare in the first has a really nice color, not too rich, too yellow or too golden, subtle, .."hopeful". :) The pedantic asshole in me doesn't like the not so straight lines, but that would have been hard to avoid with this perspective/composition (without postprocessing); nevermind. Ad second one: Powerlines and poles and stuff are hard to avoid in general and not so pretty, but since there is the house and the street etc., they blend right in, into this 'urban landscape'. I like the details, the spots of the street lights (which don't fight the colors of the sky), the reflection on the water, the silhouettes of the trees etc. but they don't make it appear cluttered, the sunset still guides the eye, makes it serene. Was this done via handy? With higher resolution one could crop... .. ahhh, note to self: stop deconstructing other peoples images. 🤪 (But hey, it's the photo thread.) Again, nevermind.

@mal3volent: They seem to have their fun. 😁 On the right, is this something on the ground or a frisbee in midair?

@Littana Nice, I like the first two. The flare in the first has a really nice color, not too rich, too yellow or too golden, subtle, .."hopeful". :) The pedantic asshole in me doesn't like the not so straight lines, but that would have been hard to avoid with this perspective/composition (without postprocessing); nevermind. Ad second one: Powerlines and poles and stuff are hard to avoid in general and not so pretty, but since there is the house and the street etc., they blend right in, into this 'urban landscape'. I like the details, the spots of the street lights (which don't fight the colors of the sky), the reflection on the water, the silhouettes of the trees etc. but they don't make it appear cluttered, the sunset still guides the eye, makes it serene. Was this done via handy? With higher resolution one could crop... .. ahhh, note to self: stop deconstructing other peoples images. 🤪 (But hey, it's the photo thread.) Again, nevermind.

@mal3volent: They seem to have their fun. 😁 On the right, is this something on the ground or a frisbee in midair?

yea by hand, i wish id had more time to learn a bit abt how my new phone works, but had to be picking up some houseplants from FB group lady and just stopped quick to take couple shots cos it was nuts. i did one for instagram as we all know they like em filters soso much
image.png

and without realitymakeup

image.png

Last edited:
I always say this, but there are already so many awesome pics that I have no clue which one I'm going to vote for. Great work by everyone! :D

Dreamflyer

for instagram as we all know they like em filters soso much ... and without realitymakeup
🙃, "reality-makeup", never came across this term. But it kind of fits, especially with this filter+instant-publish paradigm on these platforms (which i probably should not talk/write about without ever having used them).

These probably won't replace my original submission, but I wanted to postt them anyway.

Day-glo mushroom
eVpqRBJ.jpg

Old growth but still reaching for the sky
PhSNRsG.jpg