• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 402: Snapshots

Please vote for your favorite entry from among the below contestants!

• 1. mal3volent

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 2. Xorkoth

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 3. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4. Zopiclone bandit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. schizopath

• 6. nuttynutskin

• 7. Lizzy1Fair

• 8. Rhokc

• 10. andyturbo

• 11. chinup

• 12. DopeM

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 13. F.U.B.A.R.

• 14. katykattt

• 15. Tubbs

• 16. madness00

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought we were also supposed to be taking the photos

I would just maybe Google photo search the most obvious -nine- one.

Here's a good song I just heard the other day.

lake powell.jpg

Who knows, maybe they're just an extremely accomplished photog and I'm just some dumb cunt (well, that last bit is true no matter how we slice it innit?)...

Last edited:
I would just maybe Google photo search the most obvious ones.

I'm not sure how to do that on my phone tbh, but the one I suspect the most happens to be yours. That image looked very familiar to me, but I assumed you may have posted it before. However, i've just noticed your join date. You're busted pal.. :D

If I'm wrong, then apologies, but I'm sure I've seen that before...

Hmm, what's your discord handle? ;0

just adjust the join by date by 15 or so years... also the photo was taken the day before I made this particular account

I would just maybe Google photo search the most obvious -nine- one.

Here's a good song I just heard the other day.

Who knows, maybe they're just an extremely accomplished photog and I'm just some dumb cunt (well that is true no matter how we slice it)...

Yikes! :ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

Hmm, what's your discord handle? ;0

just adjust the join by date by 15 or so years... also the photo was taken the day before I made this particular account

Fair enough mate, I stand corrected. Funny how the mind can play tricks, I was certain I'd seen your picture before.

I think the real lesson here, kids, is that if you are going to steal something and call it your own, make sure it is of middling quality - nobody will second guess it! Amirite, @Mel22?

@F.U.B.A.R. no worries, it is maybe one of my favorites I've ever taken. There were a few more from that day but that was the most "snapshotty" - although I did get two crows fighting but it was too blurry / late in the event - I was mighty high (about 6000 ft iirc) and the air up there does pretty magical things to the human brain - it was like the crows stopped mid air in some 1999 Sega Street Fighter / Tekken kind of freeze frame / rotate / kind of shit where one crow had the other crows beak grasped in it's claw and whipped it around mid-air. There was dramatic music and everything. By the time my brain realized it would be a good time to take a picture they were already separated. It was almost as interesting as the time I watched a large bee pull a small (baby?) bee out of a spiderweb after like 5 attempts of pulling on it while an unpleasant, freshly woken, spider scrambled to stop it's new victim from leaving. Another moment I managed to forget to capture with an image capturing device within reach. So now you're stuck reliving them with me through written word.

The only thing that kept me from voting for the one I bring up is that it was too clean, and seemed more "setup" than "snapped" so I opted not to and then my I kept looking at the photos trying to decide which I liked for the topic best and that one kept standing out to me. Then I walked through work and I saw a very similar photo as the desktop background on one of the interns PCs.

Last edited:
I think the real lesson here, kids, is that if you are going to steal something and call it your own, make sure it is of middling quality - nobody will second guess it! Amirite, @Mel22?

Kinda like cheating on a test at school or homework...you have to purposely get a few wrong lol

I read back through POs posts though...I'm not sure if she knows it has to be you taking the picture. I think she just shared a picture she liked that was connected to a good memory of that place.

Kinda like cheating on a test at school or homework...you have to purposely get a few wrong lol

I read back through POs posts though...I'm not sure if she knows it has to be you taking the picture. I think she just shared a picture she liked that was connected to a good memory of that place.
I think you are right about her choice of entry and I did hesitate to even bring it up, but I also wanted clarification

DopeM got my vote. awesome snapshot.

great entries all around.

the more participation the better, but it should be a photo taken by you. or we could post harley weir and tyrone lebon photos and win every round.

Last edited:
I don't know of a way you can take self-voting off, it is stated in the rules, I think we just expect self-regulation there.

Who's photo is not their own? I think I know