• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VIC - RAINBOW SERPENT FESTIVAL 2007 FRIDAY JAN 27th-30th REVIEWS!!

i met that chick in that picture in turkey, or somewhere in europe! funny! hehe :)

leaving for rainbow tomorrow afternoon.... yay! still have to pack and stuff...... dunno how im gonna carry everything! gaaaaaaah. but yayyyyyyyyyy! rainbowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! this will be my fourth time :)

I have a ticket for sale for $100 if anybody wants it PM me :) It's not mine but a friend of mine can't make it.

Taliana said:
i met that chick in that picture in turkey, or somewhere in europe! funny! hehe :)

leaving for rainbow tomorrow afternoon.... yay! still have to pack and stuff...... dunno how im gonna carry everything! gaaaaaaah. but yayyyyyyyyyy! rainbowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! this will be my fourth time :)

I didn't know you were in Turkey, was that for the Eclipse party?

Hey all! Who's getting excited???

If you see me, don't be shy, say g'day.

041106001a5hl.jpg

It'll be good, but they never end up happening, usually everyone forgets.

You are welcome to arrange something and i'll try my best, otherwise just look out for me. :)

Hey all, I have a ticket for sale, turns out I have other obligations. $90 (They are now $160 at the gate) PM me

Okay how about to the side of the counter of the Chai Tent at 12pm on Saturday. Failing that, Ticon....I'll be front/center. The guy with the cowboy hat with two cocky feathers in it riding the fractals. I will probably be wearing an atrocious shirt with psychedelic aboriginal art on it.

A date it is. Near the counter of the Chai tent high noon satdy.

I'm flying out tomorow - yay - how exciting =D

Look for the hippy with short bright red hair and a ring through her nose ;) :p

doofhard said:
That narrows it down he he!

touche lol

ok the chubby red headed hippy with a ring through her nose, green labret stone, dolphin tatt on back ..... look in the piccy thread in social :D

I'm excited.... flying in a few hrs

shit gotta pack yet

*puts bong down* :p hehe

yay rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D

Hmm worst rainbow we've been to :( If I had hindsight I would have brought 'stuff' to make sure we had a better time. Ended up having the most fun sitting at our campsite just talking amongst ourselves. The music was atrocious on Saturday day/evening. It was like someone had put MMM on instead of a 'proper' DJ in regards to the music. It wasn't crap overall but as stated at the start, definitely the worst rainbow fest we have been to. Shit happens, ended up sleeping about 12-14 hrs a day due to boredom, probably slept more per day than I used to sleep the whole 5ish days while being at it. Had GREAT fun at Sundays fun fest held by Heath Myers *as usual =D * but ate a (bad?) sausage and pretty much had to chunder straight away and slept for 6 hrs that afternoon due to feeling sick :\

The toilets were great, *TWO THUMBS UP!*, the dust sucked, weather temperature was great as we could sleep easily without the choking from heat =D I'm guessing some of the disappointment was due to pain from my injury but well, the music on Saturday arvo was BAD BAD BAD and it was the only stage open. Saw a few friends which was good but set up left a lot to be desired, it needed more chill out/seating areas near the markets + main-market stages. We had a prime spot which was 1-2 minute walk from the toilets near the main gate/skip bins so toilet runs were painless which was really needed when we drank our (only :( ) slab on thur day/night. Overall it was ok but not up to the usual GREAT Rainbow Serpent standard in our view. You win some, you lose some.

*edit* One WINNER was the comet we saw on thur night. That was a _BEAUTIFUL_ sight!

Last edited:
I had fun but the music was seriously lacking. Ticon's set was more house orientated than prog, they didn't even play poem for granny. The weather was rooted but I got over it eventually. Pity it cleared up the day we left. I intended to stay another night but after a few hours sleep and waking up sunday afternoon and not being able to get back to sleep, we just had to leave.

I agree about the music on Saturday, it was atrocious...and there wasn't the Red Bus to retreat to! I still had a ball though and managed to run into Pop Popavich. Doofqueen was sleeping though so I didn't get a chance to say hi. I waited around for a while at the chai tent but either missed people or they didn't turn up...spent alot of time sitting in the car due to the weather. Oh well, as wazza said...win some, lose some. 7/10.

just rolled home.. after what was an interesting 3 days...

I gotta agree - music on Saturday was horid.. what the heck was that. The music Saturday night was ok - I thought the main stage was really hard (too hard) and wished there was a bit of variety!

I thought the sets on Sunday morning/afternoon were brilliant.. and when I left this afternoon - the music was absolutely pumping on the market stage (i think it was the best music of the festival!!)

Slieker, Keitel, D-Nox, Smoke, Ticon - were all really good!! Really enjoyed them.

Hmmm one thing I did love were the lasers... always enjoy the light shows and this year they didn't fail to deliver. Watching them from a far was probably the highlight of the festival!

Hmm really enjoyed the sound on the main stage.. just wish there were more speaker stacks!!

Overall.. must agree - probably the weakest Rainbow i've been to... I guess after going 5 times - there was bound to be something bad.

Hmmm on the final note - must say that one half of Ticon (the guy in the grey singlet) was absolutely pumping!!! he actually made my face brighten up as I just watched him jump all around... I really wanted what he was on!!

:)

F

^^^Well i missed all the festivities thanks to severing the tendons/muscles in my rihght hand on friday morn and being in hospital all w/end. Damn missed ticon, i seriously felt like crying.

Thanfully hospitals never run out of morphine/fentanyl/opioids off all types so at least i got high!

Sorry it sounded like RSF WAS a bit duddy guys! Made me feel slightly better, in a real malicious evil way, :) :(

^ Oh my GOSH dude I feel for you... hope you're ok now!

...it was my first Rainbow and I absolutely LOVED it - in terms of all the magnificent artwork, originality and diversity of people... my friend did the UV dragonfly & butterfly to the right side of the market stage :)

The food was SO yummy... Vegie curry wrap was delish... and the wood oven pizzas were tops! Did anybody try a Dande Latte from The Holy Cow? YUM!

I gotta agree the toilets were great, I was amazed at how they didn't smell one bit!

The weather was a bit funny, I guess it's good it wasn't scorching hot, but the wind was a bit annoying with all that dust, and the nights (especially Saturday) got a little too cold... I wore long sleeves most of the time but my face got REALLY badly burnt - you can see where I'd been wearing my sunnies hehe :\

Music was kinda disappointing... Saturday afternoon especially with that cheesey girly remixed stuff... Market Stage played some neat stuff, I think it was Monday morning when they played some really good techno... Not all my friends are that into tek so they got a bit bored of it... would have been nice to have had a bit more of a variety of diff psy sounds.

Met some wonderful people from around the globe... and I found it so touching when two girls walked past me and one had her hand to her chest saying to her friend "I feel so much love in this country..." :D

Awesome vibe, beautiful unique people, gorgeous happy children, friends, fun, shenanigans... 'ok' music... overall though, a rather splendid weekend! Should get some pics up soon :)

Oh and Ronny - You came up to my friend to take a pic of her... then instantly shooted off into the crowd before I could grab you & ask "Are you Ronny?" (as we haven't met in person)... and yeah sure enough it was you... then I couldn't find you for the rest of the festival... hehe... oh well :p