• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium tapering progress advice

A guy like that will reply to you. If not in thread, send him a PM, but give him a chance. Also, simply re read the post slowly. Invisible, I posted near the beginning of the thread. I am borderline on the edge of how my medication (Clonazepam) is working. This just goes to show that I need to start implementing a program, to curb or reverse any issues that may be present. Thank you for starting this thread. Harm reduction at its best. Your helping yourself and helping others without knowing it. Thanks. Speed King

if that bzd receptor guy left a real good post, take the time to re read it. If he doesn't get back to you soon enough, shoot him a PM. I guess I said all that, because his post made me think also. I want you to succeed.

So without tolerance that 40 mgs fills up 30% of GABA and with tolerance 40 mgs fills only 3% ? So I have to taper to get that % back up? I'm confused sorry.
Quick update though, so it's been 3 days since my 2.5 mgs dose which I took after 2 days of not taking anything

I feel alright .. Been taking clonodine here and there to help and smoking weed a lot, also doing more than usual of my opiate dosage . It's just benzo buddies they can't even accept or believe that there such a taper where you DONT take benzos everyday. They say it's impossible every other day ... And they say it's impossible to know how long it'll take or give me a taper plan

Everyone is going to have their idea of how it should be done. What works for you. With the opiates and weed, it will be intresting to see how this plays out.

I feel alright .. Been taking clonodine here and there to help and smoking weed a lot, also doing more than usual of my opiate dosage . It's just benzo buddies they can't even accept or believe that there such a taper where you DONT take benzos everyday. They say it's impossible every other day ... And they say it's impossible to know how long it'll take or give me a taper plan

Everyone is going to have their idea of how it should be done. What works for you. With the opiates and weed, it will be intresting to see how this plays out.
Ironically enough, smoking weed helped me quit Benzos and Opiates.

As for the people on Benzo Buddies.. I genuinely feel sorry for some of them. But some of the taper regimes that are recommended for/by some users on that forum seem extreme. Where people who are on 5mg or less of Diazepam yet drag out the taper for months or even years. I do understand that we can never truely feel somebody else's suffering. Nor can we say what is the comfortable rate of titration for any other individual except ourselves. But I do feel that a lot of Benzo Buddies advice actually increases many users suffering unnecessarily.

I totally agree with you pally Pete!!! Ridiculous tapers . And they like get mad at me for disagreeing with them and not wanting to do a one year taper after a 3 month binge it makes no sense to me... Even if I'm lowering the dose , during their taper plans I'm still taking it daily for a year which to me is worse than binging 3 months .

Their argument is "even 3 months can get you seriously addicted and require a long careful taper" well to counter that, a year small dose would also be bad?? What if the taper doesn't go through?? So now you're at the point where you've taken Valium over a year ... I don't get it. I took 2.5 mgs today again , I actually felt it hit me this time as if I took 5 mgs . So I'm now taking 2.5 mgs every 3 days Ima try to keep it that way. Did drink 2 beers though also lol. Thanks guys , anyone who's come off Valium or benzos please comment any info thanks!!

Ironically enough, smoking weed helped me quit Benzos and Opiates. As for the people on Benzo Buddies.. I genuinely feel sorry for some of them. But some of the taper regimes that are recommended for/by some users on that forum seem extreme. Where people who are on 5mg or less of Diazepam yet drag out the taper for months or even years. I do understand that we can never truely feel somebody else's suffering. Nor can we say what is the comfortable rate of titration for any other individual except ourselves. But I do feel that a lot of Benzo Buddies advice actually increases many users suffering unnecessarily.
Benzodiazepine addiction can reach extreme levels. For a lot of people it is heavily psychological. That becomes a very big problem. Some people get so wound up in their use and addiction, the extremely long withdrawal process is their only chance of getting off. Or maybe some of them are holding on to every last bit of benzodiazepine they can. Benzodiazepine usage can be wonderful or a nightmare. I would like to be somewhere in the sweet spot, without overdoing it. I do give them credit for their desire to return to some state they can call normal.