Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Using word "nigger" makes you racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniper Bruhmomentius

Bluelight Crew
I love the word, but I dont view black people with contempt or disgust. They are human as much as I am.

I dont give a shit about the words origins or past use. The words "decided" meaning makes it bad?

If black people call each other niggaz then its only racist to say that white person cant use the word.

I hope the political correctiveness culture dies a painful death.

You are right.

Context is what decides the "meaning" or "wrongfulness".

Guess I just wanted to cuss the political correctiveness...

not "can't". "won't"

ymmv.

alasdair

Can't OR won't. Either way, some people feel the need to get uptight over the use of a word regardless of its context. Those people are cunts. That's not to say that it's ok to go around saying "yo nigger" to every black person you see because that would be insensitive, ignorant and possibly suicidal. But the word itself was derived from the Latin "Niger', which simply means 'black'. Not offensive in its purist form, but has been perverted by generations of racists.

Thats pretty much what I was getting at.

I feel that this political correctiveness shit is only getting started.

Soon they will literally watch over your usage of words like they possibly already do in China..

Last edited:
There again, semantics. It would appear that 'nigga' is somewhat acceptable thesedays, whereas 'nigger' is not.

Take this example from early last century:

Now that's obviously racist, but it's not the word that makes it racist, as 'nigger' was an accepted term for black people back then, it's the sentiment behind it that makes it unacceptable. But the word itself has now become synonymous with the sentiment, unless spelt slightly differently - I.e. 'nigga'. Its the same twisted logic that now makes it offensive to call black people 'coloureds', but 'people of colour' is acceptable. What's the fuckin difference?

Hmm.

It MIGHT make me insensitive tho.

I dont call black people niggas or niggers even tho I love the word.

If a black person wouldnt mind the word it wouldnt be insensitive?

Therefore its again the context/experiences.

Shitshow of an word

Last edited:
Insensitive thoughts? Are you serious. :ROFLMAO:

I dont call them that. Was just showing love for the word/hating on political correctiveness.

There's a difference between disliking political correctness and just being offensive. "Nigga" and "Nigger" are very different. Black people have kind of reclaimed "nigga" as just a slang they call themselves. "Nigger" goes back to genocide and slavery and most black people would be pretty offended by white guy using it casually as though the civil rights movements of the last 100 years never happened.

With rap being a staple in todays music... the word comes up a lot: how does one not use it if you are hip these days?

Oof I didnt really know that. I literally thought they are pretty much the same.

But wait a minute dont they have 100% the same meaning......

I guess its also a cultural thing, since in my country people tend to be A LOT more racist than in uk/us

"Nigga" and "Nigger" are very different.

Actually, they're not. Different spelling, same meaning, but again, it all comes back to the context.

most black people would be pretty offended by white guy using it casually

Is that not racist in itself? Or doesn't it count as racism if directed at a white person?

Anyway, lots of people call me a cunt. It doesn't matter how they spell it, they're still correct... ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.