• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Unscheduled Benzodiazepines- Best for occasional anxiety?

SteeleyJ

Bluelighter
Out of the plethora of unscheduled benzos out there what is the bluelight consensus on the best one for occasional anxiety?

I would much prefer to go through a doctor and get clonazepam but am just tired of dealing with feeling like some kind of toxic creature for asking for help with occasional anxiety. I'm over it...
So I know how to be careful and weigh things and i have a little knowledge of pharmacology but I would like to have a direction to start looking. Thanks in advance guys.

Yeah I've been down the benzo dependence road before when I was younger and trying to get high on them * facepalm*
After one bad year of that I learned to just use when things are rough. They are an occasional thing at best.

This from wiki interested me about etizolam especially.

******In a study that compared the effectiveness of etizolam, alprazolam, and bromazepam for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, all three drugs retained their effectiveness over 2 weeks, but etizolam became more effective from 2 weeks to 4 weeks.[24] Administering .5 mg etizolam twice daily did not induce cognitive deficits over 3 weeks when compared to placebo.[25]******

Etizolam may represent a possible anxiolytic of choice with reduced liability to produce tolerance and dependence after long-term treatment of anxiety and stress syndromes.[27]

Idk, but boy do you ever need a srategy to avoid redosing over and over while in a blackout.

Lol definitely don't want to be on. Blackout status. Accurate scales is a must with this kind of thing.

Etizolam is unscheduled in the US and in Europe but not globally. It is used clinically at least in some asian countries.
That's correct and this is why you can also get it as regular pills manufactured from an actual pharma company if you know where to look. Sadly, it is not unscheduled everywhere in Europe: It is banned in Germany, for example.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Etizolam for handling anxiety. Start with 1 mg which should probably be enough for you already. With such a reasonable dose you shouldn't have any blackouts.

Yep non prescription benzos are still in the green where I am for now. There is some bills floating around the government but at the current time all is well.

Axe battler interesting idea as well. And yeah good clarification on the flubromazOPam vs flubromazELam. After a quick poke around Lam looks like probably something to avoid for anxiety.

** Strong sedation and amnesia at doses as low as 0.5. Life threatening adverse reactions have been observed in as little as 3mg. **

PAM looks okay though... do you have experience with this ? Did it last that long? How sedating?

The duration kind-of turns me off from it because I only want it as a PRN occasional thing and long acting drugs hit those receptors so long its easy to get physically dependent before you notice if you start dosing a few times a week.

norflurazepam is the most therapeutic, ime. not quick and hard hitting like bromazelam and etizolam though, if you’re talking panic attack like anxiety.

From someone with major anxiety issues my whole life, benzos are almost never the correct solution... That's the sad truth. They always cause more problems in the end than they solve. With that said etizolam is decent for non recreational purposes but is just as addictive as true benzos.

I take Etizolam all the time it's not as strong as Klonopin or xanax, I think 1.0mg of Etizolam equals .05 mg of klonopin and xanax, but it works for me.
What do mean when you say "strong"? 1 mg of Etizolam equals 10 mg of Diazepam and has a about 6-8 times greater anxiolytic effect. As far as I know Diazepam and Alprozolam are about the same in terms of anxiolytic effect, so for OP's use case, Etizolam should be "stronger" than Alprozolam

What do mean when you say "strong"? 1 mg of Etizolam equals 10 mg of Diazepam and has a about 6-8 times greater anxiolytic effect. As far as I know Diazepam and Alprozolam are about the same in terms of anxiolytic effect, so for OP's use case, Etizolam should be "stronger" than Alprozolam
That's not what I've read on here, they say 1.0mg of Etizolam equals 0.5 mg of xanax or Klonopin, I'm only going by what I've read on here.

Similar to 1mg etizolam equaling 10mg diazepam, 0,5mg alprazolam equals 10mg diazepam. That's why alprazolam is considered to be more potent.

Where do you get those statistics that etizolam is 6-8x more anxiolytic than diazepam? And is that so when doses are 1mg etizolam and 10mg diazepam?

Similar to 1mg etizolam equaling 10mg diazepam, 0,5mg alprazolam equals 10mg diazepam. That's why alprazolam is considered to be more potent.

Where do you get those statistics that etizolam is 6-8x more anxiolytic than diazepam? And is that so when doses are 1mg etizolam and 10mg diazepam?
From wikipedia / pubchem: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/3307#section=Pharmacology
I assume that it is 1 mg Etizolam vs. 10 mg Diazepam, but no exact does is given.

Last edited: