Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Unpopular or Uncommon Opinions

maybe they're not needlessly elaborate. maybe they're exactly as elaborate as guy ritchie needed them to be?

:)

alasdair

then, maybe, they are needlessly elaborate not in terms of Guy Ritchie and his needlessly elaborate way of thinking, but rather in terms of the person who said they are needlessly elaborate and his non-needlessly elaborate way of thinking

(maybe)

So you admit the problem is his own then. Lock, Stock was confusing at first with all the quick flashes between then-unknown characters, but each conversation was interesting enough for me to keep watching. And once you stick with it it all comes together. ADHD isn't a valid movie criticism IMO. And I've been told that I have it, so I sympathize, but I don't take it out on anyone else.

I don't know if your comment was directed towards me, CoffeeDrinker. I don't think there is a problem. Nor do I think anyone is taking anything out on anyone. I do, however, enjoy crushing up ritalin pills and snorting them. If I could convince a doctor I had ADHD, I would. By the way, on a side note, isn't drinking coffee so common that it's meaningless? I mean you might as well be called Urinator or GuyWhoEatsCheeseOccasionally.

L2R, the remake of 12 Angry wasn't bad. I'll give you that.

then, maybe, they are needlessly elaborate not in terms of Guy Ritchie and his needlessly elaborate way of thinking, but rather in terms of the person who said they are needlessly elaborate and his non-needlessly elaborate way of thinking

(maybe)

I personally think the person who said they are needlessly elaborate has a needlessly non-elaborate way of thinking which needs him to not need elaboration.

I don't know if your comment was directed towards me, CoffeeDrinker. I don't think there is a problem. Nor do I think anyone is taking anything out on anyone. I do, however, enjoy crushing up ritalin pills and snorting them. If I could convince a doctor I had ADHD, I would. By the way, on a side note, isn't drinking coffee so common that it's meaningless? I mean you might as well be called Urinator or GuyWhoEatsCheeseOccasionally.

L2R, the remake of 12 Angry wasn't bad. I'll give you that.

Well aren't you just on a roll...and missing the point entirely...

Don't be an asshole.

Yeah, my bad. Sorry. I had hoped to delete that post before anyone read it. What is more difficult than encountering me is being me.

I personally think the person who said they are needlessly elaborate has a needlessly non-elaborate way of thinking which needs him to not need elaboration.

Personally I think your statement is needlessly elaborate. You need to need elaboration. Need it, damn you.

Last edited:
And once you stick with it it all comes together.
i think there's a temptation to try to (over) analyse an elaborate plot as it unfolds. as such, it's easy to get bogged down in a plot moment, and miss something while you're doing that. 10 minutes of that and you're lost.

i've learned to just watch movies in a more holistic manner, allowing the whole thing to wash over me and putting my faith in the fact that the director will bring everything together in the end.

alasdair

Last edited:
I gotta admit I was expecting Jason Statham to go crazy at every opportunity, but he played a pretty regular guy in that movie. Once I got over the fact that he wasn't supposed to be this ridiculous badass it became easier to watch.

My mind was doing the same thing in 13 Assassins. Every tense standoff leading up to the huge battle scene I was expecting swords to be drawn and someone to lose their head. I think I watched too many Mob movies where they act all nice and smiling right before they kill you, so I was just thinking everyone in every conversation was about to be killed. I was so distracted during these conversations by my thinking that I feel like I missed out on some good dialogue scenes, of course the climax more than paid me back for all the deaths I was expecting to see. It was an awesome movie, but I was too stoned when I saw it. I want to see it again.

I can't stand Christina Hendrick's character on Mad Men. We know you're hot, Joan. Get over yourself.

I met Tony Danza in a restaurant once! He was really nice and really short. Cool story over here.

I met Sean Bean once in a restaurant in Vancouver BC. Well actually my little brother (who was 8 at the time) met him. I didn't want to bother the man while he was having his breakfast. But my brother being young and fearless just walked up to him and asked "Are you the bad guy in Goldeneye?" to which he very politely replied "Why yes I am my son" and then gave him a smile worthy of any Bond villain.

To this day I regret not walking up and saying high to him. But one does not simply walk up to Sean Bean to say high...

^hahaha

I can't stand Christina Hendrick's character on Mad Men. We know you're hot, Joan. Get over yourself.

i honestly do not find her attractive. her washed out jawline makes her face look like it's connected unbroken to her neck. reminds me of
Aliensimpsons-1.png

Also, giganto-bossoms are not an automatic win for me. her voluptuousness seems entirely carried by her forming clothes, i'd hate to actually see the reality of the saggyness unrestrained.

but all this is superficial and unimportant. she's not a bad actress, i have nothing against her at all. i like her in the show.

but all this is superficial and unimportant. she's not a bad actress, i have nothing against her at all. i like her in the show.

I think she's a fine actress, but find her character extremely vain.

Bumpdy dumpdy

Are the British trolling us by acting like they actually like Monty Python and really think it's humorous?
I've only seen bits and pieces of some of the movies and stuff but that was only because it was painfully unfunny

So there you have it, Monty Python is shit and not funny IMO

Get outta here Bill - get the F outta here!

The Untouchables is an awful piece-of-crap movie.