Ultra 5 :: March 22nd, 2003 :: Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone taken a look at the new policies. lol wtf happened to ultra. It wasnt like this when I first started going at the first one. They must do it for the $$ not the music. hell the first ultra only cost me $27 wow inflation is a bitch

^^^^^
But was there such a large variety of BIG names at the first ultras????? I'd think not. Bringing in all that talent doesn't come cheaply.
[ 13 March 2003: Message edited by: NinjaGaiden ]

no doubt. i'm sure they spent at least several hundred thousand, if not more, booking all that talent, paying for travel, hotel, storing their equipment, etcetc.

I don't feel bad for promotors at all, they make there fair share of money and if you think they don't then your sadly mistaken. People don't throw a party every year to lose money.
Entry Fees
Water
Food
Tickets
Beer
Liquor
Re-entry Fees
not to mention some of the shady stuff that goes on to make money.

i think i oughta become a promoter, over charge, free entry, and i bet if i was a promotor...
id be able to bring my FUCKIN BACKPACK in~!
[ 13 March 2003: Message edited by: MadE iN DadE 305 ]

God its been so long since I have posted I almost forgot how :) Any how, yeah im going again. 3rd time. Lets just hope they have the water issue under control. I would recomend to anyone stock up early and put a few in your backpack. Because the last 2 times they run out and the lines get crazy(hour long)when it gets dark.
Also about the meet up. Why not do 2. One at 3pm and one at 6pm. That way it gives people a second chance if something comes up.
Words of advice.
Dont expect to be able to use your Cell phones. The music is so loud you can not hear anything through the phones. So if you seprate from your friends have a meetup time and place.
For the girls I would recommend bringing toilet paper (just in case).
Lastly and this is a biggy. Call your hotels this week and re-confirm that you will be there. The hotels overbook and then pay for rooms down by the airport for people (20 min away). Get a name and talk to the manager if possible. If they do try to bump you, with this info you can complain and might get upgraded. (we got a free 2 bedroom suite for 2 days).
Expect to be patted down on entry. All backpacks will be looked through. Most caps will have to be removed. They even checked the space between a friend's bra.
Well I cant wait, and I hope this info helps. Hope to see a bunch of you there.
A-ron

A-Ron-
See above-no backpacks. Although I do agree with your idea of buying a few h2os early and throwing 'em i a bag-we run into the problem of NO BAGS. All these rules suck.

They are actually going to lose money on this year's Ultra due to the new rules.
The one rule I agree with is that it's not all ages anymore. Less idiots passing out.

Not all ages? yes, there is a God. I doubt they'll lose a lot of money, they'll find a way to fix things so they get there ends.

I checked the Coolworld\Ultra Website about entrance policies. It no backpack rule was not there. So I emailed them and am waiting for a reply. If they dont get back with me I will call them. Im also going to check my ticket. There are going to be Hundreds of pissed people if they do put that into effect. There is no way let everyone know before the event and finding that out after waiting in that line... Any how I will let yall know what I find out.

i'm still gonna try to take a small bag with stuff...cause i KNOW they won't go with no purses for the girlies..perhaps its just the large bags?
i fucking need sunscreen
*grumblegrumble*
i just emailed to ask about purses or whatnot
[ 13 March 2003: Message edited by: fizzygirl ]

I am sooo insanely jealous of anyone who is going to this- it gives me chills just reading the damn line-up....the dnb line up is fucking sick! oh, and to anyone who has not seen Donald Glaude live, you need to- he is most definately one of my all time favs.
The one and only time I could say I'd rather be on the east coast than the west.
*sighs* maybe next year.... :(

quote:
Entry Fees
Water
Food
Tickets
Beer
Liquor
Re-entry Fees
actually out of all that the promoters only get entry and re-entry fees. the venue ges all the concessions.

GRAPE, we aitn east coast..
We that DuRRTY DiRRTY SoUtHSidE ~!
but on the serious,we truly have to appreciate how big of an event this is, the line up is massive and the vibe is alwasy good (NHARCZ will be insane this year so watch urselves my friendz. Should be a festival to remember.
and jus since im gunna meet a good big group of you id liek to introduce myself...
my names GARY (jus think of Gary Coleman)
HISPANIC, 5'10,short hair, big dick.. haha whos next>
"Watchu talkin bout ULTRA?"
ANYONE ELSE

No backpacks?? What the hell??
Oh well, I picked up my ticket, see ya'll there.
(Most of ya don't know me, I'm more of a lurker, but I just NEEDED to post about Ultra. Woo woo =))

Status
Not open for further replies.