Ultra 5 :: March 22nd, 2003 :: Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me...

I had a TERRIBLE time at Ultra. I visited the park the day before the fest and it is a beautiful, well kept place. But after our "PLUR" fest it was completely trashed. Not only was the park trashed, but the day after all you could see on Biscayne Street were water bottles and flyers. I am so disappointed. Its one thing to go to a club and get all fucked up, disrespect the people around you (which I saw WAAAAAAAYYYYYY TTTOOOOO much of) and trash the place... (I say this because generally at clubs there are a lot of people or immature kids that simply come looking for a place to get fucked up, a drug haven if you will.. and that type of behavior is to be expected) but it is certainly another to go so far out of your way (we drove 18 hours from Maryland) to go to a festival that is supposed to be in celebration of good people, good music, and good times- and sabotage it. Toward the end of the night I found myself searching endlessly for people who were not completely obliterated from too many pills. The police closed the entrances to the main stage shortly before PVD, which was a little alarming because I was afraid we wouldn't be able to see him. However, no one took the time (or everyone was just too fucked up) to realize that the reason they closed the entrances was because people were passing out and having seizures and shit and the paramedics weren't able to get to them because it was too crowded. I guess everyone is too warped by this whole "fuck tha poleece" mentality to realize that every once in a while they really DO want to help. I saw several people arrested right before my eyes, and for the first time, I felt they truly deserved to be arrested for giving the cops a hard time. When the cops finally opened the entrance again, I feared I would be TRAMPLED as everyone wanted to get in but no one wanted to wait or RESPECT the people around them. My stupid hopeful ass thought it would be a good opportunity for us to UNITE as we were all waiting together, guess that's where hope gets me. This experience has emphasized a phrase that I have heard too many times and debated with all my heart... "PLUR is dead"

Naïve, aren't we? What, you expected Ultra to be the feelgood festival of the new millenium? Yeah, everyone felt good, cause most of them were on drugs. I'm not gonna lie about it. There were a few people, myself included, who did Ultra sober. Grant it, I was on the job (photographing), but even if I wasn't I would've still been sober at Ultra...it's an outdoor festival, it gets hot, messy, the works, I'm not gonna do drugs in a dangerous environment like that.

People are slobs, everyone just drops their trash wherever they feel like it, especially down here.

If it makes you feel better, Bayfront Park was back to normal by Wednesday of that week.

Reality check: PLUR is dead, has been for awhile. Most people don't and never will have the first idea about respecting each other...and it's useless to try and convert them.

Pre-purge bump for reference only.

Closed, as it's not useful to add to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.