• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Weidman is a beast, can't really argue that now. Anderson twice and Machida. And I can't see Vitor beating him...

Rousey becoming a KO artist now...

0612d73ea566809f617d87ae0009c5d3d23859e953cf4c16ece8f65ba78439bd_large

And except for round 4.....Weidman looked strong again.

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown (is it even possible for this not to be an awesome fight? Lawler KO)
Anthony Johnson vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira (johnson looking like he'll be fighting jones soon)
Clay Guida vs. Dennis Bermudez (fuck guida imo)
Josh Thomson vs. Bobby Green (Thomson just had a split dec loss to henderson so he better win this)
Daron Cruickshank vs. Jorge Masvidal (tempted to go upset but not 100% sold on cruickshank just yet)
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Patrick Cummins (upset if he can stuff the takedown he should get a finish)
Hernani Perpétuo vs. Tim Means (upset)
Michael De La Torre vs. Brian Ortega (upset)

I don't see the fight happening one way or another. If it feels too good to be true in this sport...

Featherweight Jose Aldo (c) vs. Chad Mendes
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis
Light Heavyweight Fábio Maldonado vs. Hans Stringer
Featherweight Darren Elkins vs. Lucas Martins
Lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Beneil Dariush

what a bad ppv once again. great main and co main event but the rest of the fights are really weak. and phil davis fights havent exactly been entertaining unless he can get his opponent to the ground and get a submission but it'd be really tough to submit teixeira let alone take him down. big fight for the light heavyweight division rankings tho.

I really enjoyed the official debut of the women's strawweight division into the UFC last Friday. Even more impressive was Carla Esparza evolving her stand up to set up her takedowns and g-n-p to become the first UFC Women's SW champ. But unlike the BW women, this division is already stacked and can potentially draw in more fighters down from 125 or up from 105. And I cannot wait to watch Rose fight again!

I missed the UFC on Fox fights but I read that JDS got smacked around pretty good again. I wonder if Cain tore his soul out in their last 2 fights.

He got tagged a few times but he won 4/5 rounds. He keeps his hands low on exiting the clinch to protect himself from takedowns, but that allowed Stipe to land some big shots. Standing toe to toe Junior was beating Stipe to the punch 9 times out of 10.

I thought Rose had the most exciting fights all season, really bummed to see her lose last week.

I thought Rose had the most exciting fights all season, really bummed to see her lose last week.

And that is probably why DW called her "the next Ronda Rousey" because like Ronda, Rose is always looking for a finish. This makes her fights exciting but she is also still learning and at a very young age. Same could be said of Paige VanZant too. Cannot wait to see some regular SW fights soon. Some of those male fighters are going to have to wake their game up for those bonuses if a SW fight is on the same card.

Hell yeah man can't believe it is on live television and not pay per view!

Yeah it would make for an epic upset for sure. Siver has the power if he can connect then it is definitely a possibility but McGregor is quick and ruthless.

Yeah i think sivers pissed though...cant imagine how tired of the hype he must be

Haven't seen much UFC/MMA talk on here. Anyone follow the UFC?

47066801534680723498.jpg

Big fight on tonight - Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit - fight for the Interim Welterweight title. It's gonna be a war.

Condit FTW.

Tell me there are some other MMA fans on here!

MMA today is like the WWF of 2000 ... bunch of over hyped brain damaged idiots putting on the pageantry. I know this will piss a lot of people off but Dana White is a just a greasier and more ruthless version of Vince McMahon I cant stand UFC anymore

Yeah I would be if I were him he seems pretty cool and calm at least on the exterior. So many good fights in January this year.

Me too...kind of hoping siver knocks mcgregors head up into the rafters

Wwwweeeeellllllll.......looks like that did not happen haha....theyd still be scraping bits of siver off the mat if the ref hadnt stopped him.