• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK: Ecstasy costing just 50p (approx $1)

I know people, for a fact who buy at a variated price all the time.

from 20p to 3 pound a pill.

Even at 50p per pill the manufacturers are still making a large profit.

as with most drugs, generally you get what you pay for. more importantly it is who you get them off i find.

The cheapest i have ever got offered them was 70cents(€) a pill and that was for 1500 pills.

I will agree that the quality of pills in Ireland and Britain have went down since the drout (well the ones i got) but the new speckled supermen that are out now are certainly in the 80mg+ range i believe.

Look at the pink hearts and good old pink butterflys that were in Ireland in the past year, pink hearts - 130mg lab tested, pink butterflys - 180mg labtested!!!!!!!

And these prices never changed for me, and they are still for 70cents up to €3 in singles.

Plus we have ''BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF'' MDMA here :) lol

TheSimpsons

But surely if they are being sold to the end user for a couple quid- then they must be being sold wholesale for pennies..i can't imagine any bathtub chemist really giving much of a shit about quality under these circumstances.
I find pills to be fuckin horrid thesedays no "organic" fuzzy warm feeling,like you did years ago- just a synthetic plastic, gurning feeling that last for a few hours then makes you feel shit for ages.
Anyway, i would rather pay £5 - 10 each and have nice ones.
At the end of the day, if you want a quality e rush, get crystal MDMA - which seems to be just as easily available here in the uk. Otherwise pay your 2 quid and take your chances.....

tambourine-man said:
What drout?
Pills were very hard to get for a few months, was a lot of shit going round. I'd been doing e quite heavily for a bout 18 months and i'd only twice had shit pills(petrol pumps) after the drought i've had shit pills at least twice in the last couple of months. I also noticed a massive rise in quality coke when there was no e about.

Generaly get 30 pills for £20 off a friend never had any of them give me a different high but im pritty sure some of them had speed in ez-test marq showed orange to dark purple on a few there the ones I get a really bad come down on and my tounge ends up chewed away, come down is usually berable with mdma pillz/crystals and not much grinding either.

i'm australian but have been living in britain for 8 years, and i have done pills in both countries.

my impressions are thus:

firstly, £1 per pill retail is not unheard of. i've been offered pills at £1 in a club setting in at least two UK cities.

secondly, there exists a differentiation between the drug taking attitudes in britain and those in australia. partially this may be price related, since almost everything is cheaper (even coke can be bought for £35 per gram, which is an awful lot cheaper than aus), partially weather related ;), but it's also behavioural. britons work a lot, don't get much sun, have relatively few holidays and are, broadly speaking, madly hedonistic fuckers with a desire to get completely trolleyed as often as possible.

australians like to think they can drink. but just check out how many 'light' beers are on the menu in a british pub - it'll probably be none. people here are used to going out, drinking 6 pints, then going to a club, buying 10 pills off someone they don't know, and doing them all before leaving. i've seen people quad-drop pills in the UK. harm reduction is virtually unknown. try mentioning to someone that perhaps all that ketamine on top of all those beers isn't such a great idea and you will get a blank response. i know excessive drug use occurs in all countries, but i genuinely see an objective difference between the approach to drug use - particularly multiple drug use - which cannot, imo, be accounted for by price alone.

thirdly, imo pill consistency is more variable in the UK, compared to australia. generally and entirely subjectively, i feel that whilst there are fewer varieties and fewer overall individual pills on the australian market, their quality will continue to show less variance. partially i think this is because of the high prices - if you buy a bad batch of 10 here, it's not like it's going to trouble your finances - but also because of the nature of regionally specific methods of production and importation.

fourthly, my impression (again subjective, although i do remember some evidential basis for this theory being discussed by pillreports reps in EDD - jb?) was that australian pills are more likely to contain non-mdxx amphetamines. this is partly based on personal experience - aussie pills feel more 'up' - and partly based on 6 years of talking to australians about their pill experiences in the UK. most australians tend to describe british pills as 'smacky'. they're cheap, so they take lots, but never quite find the same feeling they expect to find. also iirc MDA is found in a fair proportion of pills in the UK (again, is this correct?).

finally, with a gram of mdma crystal retailing for £35 or less, i find it difficult to understand why people would want to buy pills at all ;)

The US has a horrible reputation for pills... I have seen a lot of data on pillreports and edata.... and what I noticed is as a percentage, there are more bunk pills and meth bombs in the midwest or more sparsely populated areas of the country. I live in the Northeast and have been dropping for 2 years and have only had one really bad meth bomb with low MDxx and one extremely low dosage pill. Other than that I have never had a bad pill. Then again maybe I'm lucky. But we still pay roughly ten times the amount here :( But a lot of people Ive talked to from other areas have no faith in their pills. The problem here is you could buy one excellent pill for $10-$17 or 100 totally bunk ones for $850-950. That and the jail sentences! Im sure they keep prices up

^^ Your theory is similar to people in alaska being alcoholics because of their setting right? Sounds like the UK is the place to be. Here there are those that dont endulge, and those that are too far gone to help themselves.

jam1e said:
oh yea, ive never seen ppl selling 100's for £50 tho, i was trying to point out that the 50p kind of prices usually come in the 500+ numbers. as for the £2 pills being better than £3 pills, well theyre all the same price really, shit pills will get sold for 50p in bulk just the same as a pill thats got 120mg of mdma in it will. pills are pills to dealers at the lower end, quality has no effect on price unlike cocaine etc.
I get good pills (80-120mg MDMA I would say after months of watching people on them ^^) for £50 for 100

[I'm getting the good white sharks at the moment]

australians like to think they can drink. but just check out how many 'light' beers are on the menu in a british pub - it'll probably be none. people here are used to going out, drinking 6 pints, then going to a club, buying 10 pills off someone they don't know, and doing them all before leaving. i've seen people quad-drop pills in the UK. harm reduction is virtually unknown. try mentioning to someone that perhaps all that ketamine on top of all those beers isn't such a great idea and you will get a blank response. i know excessive drug use occurs in all countries, but i genuinely see an objective difference between the approach to drug use - particularly multiple drug use - which cannot, imo, be accounted for by price alone.

So true..I've watched 200+ pills get swallowed in a weekend when 8 or less people are rolling. Weird that after 4 months tolerance or 'losing the magic' hasnt kicked in for anyone. I'm trying to calm them down with info on harm reduction though :p

Edit
I've also read on here that making MDMA in bulk is very cheap. $0.25/g

Last edited:
AuraithX said:
So true..I've watched 200+ pills get swallowed in a weekend when 8 or less people are rolling. Weird that after 4 months tolerance or 'losing the magic' hasnt kicked in for anyone. I'm trying to calm them down with info on harm reduction though :p

^^I pass on info on Harm Reduction too...some-ones gotta do it:)

Old news 50p a pill... it's been like it for years.

And £1 for a Valium, what the?!!
That's fukin rediculous, 25p more like!

I've known them being sold singly as 50p, but its usually 100 for £25 or 1000 for £130... I know a few bluelighters will be a bit jealous reading this but it's not good people having access to such an addicting drug at such a low price. Cheaper than any other drug legal or not. Benzo addiction is no joke.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt .50p each for 1000's+ don't know the price for higher however but thats the best ive seen and only in them ammounts! Unless of course its some dodgy shit. Hardly not in bulk for the real stuff is it!

People in UK are lucky as hell. Ectasy around here cost around $25 for a roll

35 to 40 $AUD for a roll in australia is stupid. The Street price is generally 30 with knowing the dealer is roughly $25. And bulk buy (30-50) is about $22 and a bigger bulk buy (80-100) is about $18 - $20.
While i can not compare to uk pills.
There is alot of varied pills around australia (look at pill reports.)
With a lot of crap pills yet but there is a fair number of high mdma containing pills anyway. The same print decent pills circle around which people can identify after a while as the higher containing ones.
That pill goes dry till the next batch then people look for another familiar high mdma containing pill.
but $1 for a pill is crazy and the pressers here would be making a mint.
Easy to see why so many people get busted trying to bring back pills from the uk :p

Can't wait to go to London... only a month and a bit more left

AuraithX said:
I get good pills (80-120mg MDMA I would say after months of watching people on them ^^) for £50 for 100

[I'm getting the good white sharks at the moment]

Edit
I've also read on here that making MDMA in bulk is very cheap. $0.25/g

£50 for 100 pills, bullshit, you would at least have to pay £100 for buying 100 pills!

NO-ONE is stupid enough to let you buy 100 pills for 50p a go, simple as that.