Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Twisted Movies

i would say more disturbing than twisted is Descent. i checked it out cause i'm a fan of Rosario Dawson, and i had never heard of it. well, afer two long and gruling rape scences. one being male on male. i was disturbed to say the least. no moviegoer should be submitted to that. aviod this movie.

American Psycho
Frontier(s)

Reservoir Dogs
Anything by Quentin Tarantino basically
Evil Dead
Butterfly Effect
Kids
Saw
Cube
Donnie Darko
Funny Games
Texas Chainshaw Massacre
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
The Strangers
Helter Skelter (favorite)
Yellow Submarine and Alice and Wonderland...seriously watch them on psychedelics, youll agree

i collect movies like these, i could go on for days

edit: Swerz gets credit for this post, he got the wheels turning in my head

Last edited:
I don't think it was worse than Irreversible. I'm a woman though so that might have influenced my perspective (same as being a male might have altered junglist's view). It's pretty gnarly regardless.

My friend years ago once lent me a film called 'American History X' and he said it was brilliant, although when i watched it i was actually kinda shocked. Especially the scene where the guy stamps on that lads face whilst it's on the kerb.

That's kinda twisted :S

Julien Donkey-Boy - weird dogme film from harmony korine
Dead Mans Shoes - violent, grimy and tense but also brilliant
Jacob's Ladder - one of the only films to really scare me

Brazil!

David Cronenbergs Crash

Visitor Q and Gozu...

Tideland

Welcome to the Dollhouse has been a favorite since I was a kid, and since I'm on a Todd Solondz note... Happiness is the only movie that I've ever had to pause and take a breather from, it is an astonishingly wonderful film, just really intensely disturbing on several levels.

Class of Nuke Em' High Part 2! (another childhood favorite, yea I know not a kids movie, I think USA's Up All Night is responsible for this one, yay Rhonda Shears!)

Wild At Heart and Blue Velvet (Lynch in general)

Cube is twisted and very enjoyable

Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma, yea... I saw this one mentioned and I wanted to add a +1 (+5,000,000 to be perfectly honest)

Mysterious Skin, I'm on the fence on weather this film is twisted, or if it's just disturbing. It's really good regardless.

Through a Glass Darkly, again I'm not sure if it's twisted per say, it is however beautiful, and definitely is not conventional. I figured it was worth a mention here based on that.

I'll stop here, if I don't I'll really start rambling on and that would be bad.

^^Cube is fucking awesome. The sequels are fucking horrid, though. Class of nukem highs are fun, most Troma movies are.

Tromeo & Juliet
Mother's Day

hehe..

Blue Velvet! I got home one night after a long acid trip and found Blue Velvet in the player, which my brother rented. So, I played it. I sat there for a while with my finger on the stop button but I just couldn't urn it off! Once he found that ear in the field, I had to see what happened next!

'Sweetie', directed by Jane Campion, simply for its psychological impact, the nerve it touches.

If my emotional reaction to this movie were at all happy, I'd say I was crazy about it. I find myself haunted by this movie in a way only one other story has ever done to me -- William Faulkner's novel 'The Sound and the Fury'. It's a comedy, except one where the punchlines make me want to facepalm or sigh, instead of laugh. It's characters that are on the surface strange and repulsive, but who draw you in when you realize their flaws are just slight exaggerations of ones you and people you care about have.

I think "that's fucked up" plus "I relate to that" equals the essence of a headfuck story, either on screen or in print.

Originally Posted by mariacallas
Worse than "Irreversible?" Im sure it isnt. Now I wanna watch Descent!
Descent is great. There are basically like zero movies that get it right when it comes to making you feel a character's helplessness, and the situation those chicks were in was so well-illustrated that it makes you feel really bad inside. Irreversible is more shocking, partly because it's a horror movie that is not a horror movie, but it's really apples and oranges.

A movie no one here will probably ever watch is "Mind Game." It's anime, but it's one of the best movies I've ever seen in my whole life and they create a reality that is twisted defined.

O
riginally Posted by manic panic
Cube is fucking awesome.

The concept it presented of a machine that is logical, functional, yet completely irrational, which required the cooperation of many minds to build, none of which new the whole point of the machine they were building, was the one thing that interested me about this movie. It obviously could have been done better, though.

Last edited:
Glad someone mentioned Kids
3 years ago i spent an afternoon with leo fitzpatrick. he looked familiar but i didn't pay attention
it's after we left that i realized "er, he's from new york, he skates, his name is leo, i think i've seen him before... oh! ok"
it's not that i care much, but it was just funny how it happened

so, twisted movies

well, i don't want to cite mulholland drive (the best movie ever made) in each of my posts, so instead i'll say ghost in the shell - innocence (or it may be stand alone complex. anyway, the one with the deja vu scene)
the subtitles were running too fast so it got rather hard understanding what was going on

Irreversable
The Magdalene Sisters
Secretary

magdalene-sisters-poster-0.jpg

Finally watched this just today. Quite sick and very sad expose on the Catholic Magdalene Asylums of Ireland and a horrific look at sanctioned abuse ....I know that head nun will be appearing in my nightmares from now on ;)
Also, like with Irreversible, I felt more grateful about my life after watching this.

^That's a fucking excellent film. The, "you're not a man of God!" scene makes me cry every time. I also have a huge crush on Noora-Jane Noone who played Bernadette. <3

magdalene_sisters2_rgb.jpg