• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

I have to say that Line of Duty is one of many guilty pleasures I have. While it is ludicrous and fairly on the nose, it is enjoyable junk due to the fantastic acting, Vicky McClure being an amazing and beautiful actor I have loved since I first saw her in A Room for Romeo Brass. JM's Bodyguard was similarly fun in a junk tele sort of way, thanks to the acting of Richard Madden and that pretty lady who played the politician who's name I cannot remember (she was in Line Of Duty as well).

In terms of BBCdrama there have been IMO a couple of genuinely amazing pieces of serial drama which have flown a bit more under the radar. Informer with Paddy Considine and the adaption of Carré's The Little Drummer Girl, with the spectacular and gorgeous Florence Pugh was another gem.

Pirate bay is cheaper than a subscription.
I'm quoting you rather than liking you since I hate that shitty button.

I cant tell you how much I fucking hate having to pay for such wank that is the britbox 'service'

get tae fuck

i've already paid for that shit already. I'm not paying for it a 2nd time

[edit]

I fucking adore the bay. havent used it in forever, but regardless ... I'm a fucking fan. and then some.

I recently binges through three seasons of Good Girls on Netflix, which I'd highly recommend. Season 4 is airing now Sunday nights 10PM on NBC, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll download and catch up once there are a few eps to binge.

I didn't stream illegally[sp?] or torrent in the end. I paid the whole £45 ... and fuck-me-sideways that's a huge amount for a peasant like me to fork out cash wise.

I wish HBO had a UK sub channel. Sadly it seems to just be available for the US. Sort it out for the UK please HBO. You make awesome TV and I can't afford to keep paying show-by-show at the current prices available.

BUT, anyway

thank you Liverlee ... MUCHLY ... because I LOVED The Leftovers. It was definitely my cup of tea (I'd give it an 8/10) and it filled a void when I really needed a void to be filled. You have great taste <3 ... it was almost ... almost ... worth the £45 I paid for it. Like I said before in my rant ... TV seems to be a middle-class sport unless it's done illegally.

Any other recommends people? I really need something to watch to occupy my mind desperately right now.

Is Big Little Lies anygood? or the other Hugh Grant one, The Undoing?
I thought the first season was ok ish, 7/10 but the second and third season blew me away. A definite 9/10, every episode was fantastic, the woman who played Nora had me believing every word she uttered.

if you want another quality hbo series try Deadwood, it’s probably my favourite show of all time. Ian mcshane plays a bar owner in the late 1800’s who has to deal with a new sheriff in town. It probably had the best use of swear words of any tv show.

Btw, I did send you a link on how to stream tv shows for free but not sure if you got the message. 👍

I got your link. Thank you.

I've used streaming 'services' before and it's caused me problems. Not your fault. So I opted for the legit route this time. But I thank you muchly anyway <3

Re: Deadwood. Fuck me, I don't have the words to say how much I fucking ADORE this show. I know it's one I'll re-watch at some point because it's just so damn good.

Did you see the recently made movie finale? I watched it a couple of months ago and it fucking floored me it was so fucking perfect and fitting. It could have been terrible. Ian Mcshane ... oh ... i iz a total fangurl (and also a very sweary girl FTR).

Oh, how I LOVE Deadwood <3

The depiction of Jane is so fucking perfect. It made me love her so much. So different and much more (seemingly) realistic than the Doris Day version.

Yeah, I loved the movie they did. It was a pity they didn’t make more than three seasons but it might not be remembered as fondly if they did.

As I said it’s my favourite show and have rewatched it loads. The characters are superbly written and you can almost smell the horse shit the sets are so real. Ian mcshane is fantastic and Jane is as funny as she is tragic.

I have a weird thing with American comedy programmes I love Joey Diaz and some comedians but other than Curb your enthusiasm American office friends and some others I just couldn't get in to it especially young sheldon lol I got bored of big bang theory as well I'm just a big miserable bastard 😁 I do love the wire, breaking bad things like that. But it's the fake laughter that I wish I could mute 🤣

One of my favourite folk just now on YouTube is Larry Lawton and Mike Tyson's hotboxin lol

You watch American Gods instead of reading it????!!!! Ye Gods Woman, this really is The Kali Yuga!
I am even more the heretic. I am listening to it on Audible.
I wish HBO had a UK sub channel. Sadly it seems to just be available for the US. Sort it out for the UK please HBO. You make awesome TV and I can't afford to keep paying show-by-show at the current prices available.
I read all ten pages of The International Bill of Human Rights and could find nothing in there to relieve this grievous injury, clearly an oversight. Somehow, try to get The Vow (about a sex cult), Girls (I'm not even into dudes for sex but Adam Driver is mostly naked and very magnetic in this), The Knick, and The Outsider. These are dated but well worth it if you haven't seen them: The Wire, Band of Brothers (and if you liked that The Pacific), The West Wing, In Treatment, The Sopranos, and I think the rest have been mentioned or watched. Veep is pretty funny too.
Is Big Little Lies anygood?
Not really. Unless you still have the hots for Reese Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman, but even then, their characters are not too attractive.
Well yeah I can see your point of view, the ACL is kinda pussy in a way. Bring back the times of Roman entertainment with men fighting bears & that kind of thing.

If I had my way I'd have certain kinds of criminals fight to the death in a pit Mad Max style for my entertainment.
@Zopiclone bandit what is wrong with live MMA? Too many rules? For my money it's the closest thing to The Coliseum that the modern age has offered up. The lightweight champion Khabib, does indeed fight bears. At least he did when he was a kid. I guess it wouldn't be fair to the bears now that he is at his prime.
if you want another quality hbo series try Deadwood, it’s probably my favourite show of all time.
Re: Deadwood. Fuck me, I don't have the words to say how much I fucking ADORE this show. I know it's one I'll re-watch at some point because it's just so damn good.

Did you see the recently made movie finale? I watched it a couple of months ago and it fucking floored me it was so fucking perfect and fitting. It could have been terrible. Ian Mcshane ... oh ... i iz a total fangurl (and also a very sweary girl FTR).

Oh, how I LOVE Deadwood <3

The depiction of Jane is so fucking perfect. It made me love her so much. So different and much more (seemingly) realistic than the Doris Day version.
Yay! I am surprised how this show has flown under the mainstream radar. It has it all, doesn't it? Pinkertons, and whores, and knife fights, and opiate overdoses galore... I am ready to watch it again.

I am surprised no one has offered The Queens Gambit on Netflix. Also on Netflix, I recommend: The Fall, The Killing, Rotten (a docuseries on food crimes), An Honest Liar, and the series Love is cute, if you like cute kind of things.

I also liked a documentary on arguably the most brilliant men alive today, called SlingShot, which is now available on Amazon Prime Video. Also streaming from there, I really liked The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and not just for her exquisite rack.

I love Robin Weigert. I am just getting towards the end of FX and Kurt Sutters Sons Of Anarchy with Weigert's character so classy and beautiful she comes across to me as one of the most chameleon-esque character actors in TV today. Deadwood was a masterpiece as Weigerts Jane as good a character as any in that show.

Where is American horror story 9 to watch? I binged the lot this time last year but not the 1984 one. My favourite was freak show

Where is American horror story 9 to watch? I binged the lot this time last year but not the 1984 one. My favourite was freak show

I do not know. I have been watching them each Autumn as they hit Netflix a year after original broadcast (like Sons of Anarchy and another recent watch of mine, Shawn Ryans The Shield the show was produced by FX who seem to able to continuously come out with these ridiculously silly but seriously entertaining shows - The Walking Dead being next on the list once SOA is finished). I was really looking forward to Apocalypse due to all the promised callbacks (to Murder House and Coven and such) but after that season (7?8?) was dropped onto Netflix there has been nothing since. I rarely watch broadcast tele, I record it if I do and I haven't browsed around on the Sky box in ages so I do not know if FX is even on there.

Freak Show was good but I think my fave was Hotel. I wish they would do another American Crime Story. The O.J. one was great, the Versace not so much.

I dropped off watching walking dead once the writers strike happened. Think something similar happened with LOST, and game of thrones too. Really should give them all a proper go through.

Loved The Shield.

I see there's a third series of Paradise PD on Netflix now. Fuckin gold...

News today

The horrific human cost of Syria's civil war - a numbing report by BBC News.

An estimated 250,00 people have died in Syrias conflict. Though true numbers may be much more than what has been perceived.

A warning!! it contains very distressing images: Ten years of terrible suffering as Syria’s civil war grinds on - BBC News https://youtu.be/paTWqW7KCNo